Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ghetto Fabulous

Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Ghetto Fabulous

So... It's 11PM, you're going to your first Action Pistol meet tomorrow morning, and you forgot to order a mag carrier. What do you do?

I grabbed a box, the roll of duct tape, my knife, and began channeling the spirit of McGyver. This is what I ended up with.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
1. I respect that.

2. Spray paint it, and nobody will know the difference!

3. Great job!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

I don't have any spray paint, but I may take a sharpie to it. LOL
Old 09-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyobuyo View Post
i don't have any spray paint, but i may take a sharpie to it. Lol
Even better!

EDIT:

I also like how you refer to it as "the" roll of duct tape. Not "a" roll of duct tape.

Duct tape is a specific tool, not a random "thing".
Old 09-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Even better!

EDIT:

I also like how you refer to it as "the" roll of duct tape. Not "a" roll of duct tape.

Duct tape is a specific tool, not a random "thing".
Didn't think of it that way. I just figured saying "a" roll would imply that I have more than one laying around, but I only have the one roll so it is "the" roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
nice, i used to make wallets and stuff out of duct tape
Yeah, that's how I got the idea. I was thinking what can I do to get by and then I remembered about people making wallets and stuff out of duct tape. So I figured with a little cardboard for re-inforcement it would work.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #7
go big or go home
tacoman316 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Machinery technicion 3rd class
tacoman316's Tacoma Gallery
you know what they say "if you cant duct it f*** it" lol
Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
kidthatsirish is on a distinguished road
kidthatsirish's Tacoma Gallery
Indeed, that is truly a McGyver device.....you should send a pic of it to the people who write those books about all the things you can use duck tape for!

*notice I used the spelling "duck", as that is the true and best brand of duct tape.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #9
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ducttapeguys.com/new_intro/index.html

I have Duck Tape on my SWAT/nylon rig. It keeps my thigh holster from sliding around. The guys say it looks like shit. Fuck them in the neck is what I say. If it bothers them that much, they can buy me a new belt with better velcro. Besides, its black. Its tactical.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #10

Well, the mag carrier worked out fabulously. I didn't do that great, but I had a few good stages. Main problem was I was getting ahead of myself. Also, when I started going fast, my grip loosened up, so my aim went to shit. I still had a blast though. I'll definitely be out again.