Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

thermacell mosquito repellant

Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
thermacell mosquito repellant

has anyone ever used the thermacell mosquito device?? if they work....im definitely getting one. the woods i have been bowhunting in, the mosquitos there are friggin huge and everywhere, especially after the rain this past weekend. just wondering if they are worth the money.

i think all i need are the refills, because i already have the therma-scent device, and i think they are the same think, except the thermacell comes with the mosquito pads.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump.....anyone??
Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Flip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: STA Ponce De Leon
Name: Rusty Shackleford
Flip_Pallot's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Absolutely worth every penny. I never go in the woods hunting down here without it.

edit: By down here I mean the swamps in Florida, so I'm no stranger to prehistoric size mosquitoes
Old 09-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip_Pallot View Post
Absolutely worth every penny. I never go in the woods hunting down here without it.

edit: By down here I mean the swamps in Florida, so I'm no stranger to prehistoric size mosquitoes
ok, thank you very much. i just went and picked up some of the refills so i can start using it tomorrow in the am.........hopefully now them damn mosquitos aint gonna pester the hell outta me!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
+1 I used it hunting boar in the swaps of GA and it worked great! Go buy one today, you won't be disappointed.
well, i already had the thrmascent, so all i did was get the refills with the mosquito repellant and the butane. and hell yeah, used it yesterday....worked great. no mosquitos to speak of while i was using that!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:56 AM   #7

does the thermacell mosquito repellant come in an earth scent?? not sure if deer can smell the repellant or not, but if there is an earth scent repellant, i'd probably be all for it, especially since im using my bow alot, and the deer gotta get pretty close to me.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
does the thermacell mosquito repellant come in an earth scent?? not sure if deer can smell the repellant or not, but if there is an earth scent repellant, i'd probably be all for it, especially since im using my bow alot, and the deer gotta get pretty close to me.

They do make it in the earth scent. I saw it at Cabelas the other week when I bought my Termacell. I used the regular pads and didn't have any problems with deer getting within 25 yards of me.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
They do make it in the earth scent. I saw it at Cabelas the other week when I bought my Termacell. I used the regular pads and didn't have any problems with deer getting within 25 yards of me.
ok, thanks man...good to know. i'll just keep on using the regular pads till it gets too cold for the little blood suckers!!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine. I use it through bow season. By the time its over misquitos are gone for the most part. I've killed quite a few deer while using it and the wind blowin towards them. Give it a try!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #11
cmize is on a distinguished road
cmize's Tacoma Gallery
when u need butane refills look in the hairdryer section at wally world conair makes a travel hair dryer that uses them and they are alot cheaper says thermacell/conair on them.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmize View Post
when u need butane refills look in the hairdryer section at wally world conair makes a travel hair dryer that uses them and they are alot cheaper says thermacell/conair on them.
awesome man....thanks for the heads up!!