Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

DIY: 10round 30 magazines for CA residents with AR-15's.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
DIY: 10round 30 magazines for CA residents with AR-15's.

hello everyone!

i live in SOcal so my magazines have to be 10 rounds or less. i was about to purchase some 10round magazines but i also wanted the full 30round look. i was shopping around and i found some for $25 a piece made by C Products. the ones already pre-done for you just have a indentation that you can't remove to stop the follower from passing the 10round mark. but how will you clean the magazine or change the spring/ follower if necessary?

while i was shopping i found 30round D&H Industries magazines for $8.99 each. the company i bought them from will ship them to CA as a repair kit, making it legal until you re-build them. so put the rivets in before you re-build them to keep them legal.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 15 BULLETS (test your magazine, to see if it allows more than 10rounds after the DIY)
- DRILL GUN
- 3/16 DRILL BIT (or whatever size rivet you want to use)
- RIVET GUN
- RIVETS (quantity TBD by you, size TBD by you)
- PENCIL
- RULER

SO FAR I HAVE HAD ZERO FEEDING ISSUES. TO CLEAN, CHANGE OUT THE SPRING/ FOLLOWER JUST SIMPLY DRILL OUT THE RIVET, DO YOUR THING, AND POP IN ANOTHER RIVET. THE RIVET SITS ABOUT HALF AN INCH BELOW YOUR MAG WELL SO THERE WON'T BE ANY ISSUES WITH GETTING YOUR MAGAZINE INTO THE MAGWELL. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF A RIVET THERE, PAINT IT or go find black rivets.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
sure am glad i can have 300 round drums if i feel like it here in GA :P
Old 04-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
sure am glad i can have 300 round drums if i feel like it here in GA :P
yeah, you lucky son of a gun!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #5
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
yeah, you lucky son of a gun!

but whats sad is that Cali's laws about where you can and cannot carry are more liberal than GA's and if you carried openly with no permit (even unloaded like in Cali) in Ga youd spend a year in jail pretty wild isnt it...but gun control was born out of racism and democrat control in the south....
Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Nice write up!
thanks! though you'll never need it! hahaha
Old 04-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thanks! though you'll never need it! hahaha
No, but its nice to see for those that do
Old 04-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #8

Quote:
No, but its nice to see for those that do
yeah i guess. i really hope ca people could use this. 10 round mags look gay as hell.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #9

Quote:
yeah i guess. i really hope ca people could use this. 10 round mags look gay as hell.
Is this mod to the mags legal in CA.?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Is this mod to the mags legal in CA.?
it makes them legal. after this mod i can only put 10 rounds into the magazine, and it's not something that can be easily removed. you'd have to drill out the rivets to make them 30's again.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Chris I think it's just kinda like the same guide lines as migratory bird hunting. The gun can only be able to hold 3 shells. Thats why people put plugs in them. The gun its self can still hold more but its limited
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Chris I think it's just kinda like the same guide lines as migratory bird hunting. The gun can only be able to hold 3 shells. Thats why people put plugs in them. The gun its self can still hold more but its limited
Gotcha.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #13

yup and it appears and feels permanent to the range master/ cops.