Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hunting Q... please help...

Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Banned
bowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to behold
bowhunter11199's Tacoma Gallery
Hunting Q... please help...

do push pin calls need chalk???? like this one...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat104662980
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
dont believe so. i think it is the angle that gets it to talk. i know if ya get them wet, they dont work worth a shit.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
yes. some dont require it though
Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
Banned
bowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to behold
so is it smart to have it or is it good for a while?
Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
i would use chalk
Old 05-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I can't see your link, but most pushbutton calls need the friction surface roughed up with emry cloth or a coarse pad depending on the material the call is made from..
Old 05-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
push buttons are easy to use.

but not alot of versatility. at least not by me. i couldnt vary volume, do cutts and purrs.

i gave mine away.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
You're my boy blue

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

but not alot of versatility. at least not by me. i couldnt vary volume, do cutts and purrs.

i gave mine away.
x2
Old 05-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
Banned
ya true ive herd they dont varry much but that better for me. my thinking is the less bells and whistles the better because im just starting out turkey hunting.

i hunt just about everything else and this is kinda a down period for hunting so im giving it a shot
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
The one I have needs chalk, it's neat because it's build into a box call, so you can get more than one sound out of it at a time.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #11
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

i gave mine away.
my little h.s.strutt I've had for years will purr, and I can also cutt with a quick strike of the other hand. It's all plastic and works well in the rain.

Now I can't vary the volume, but I have slates as well as other calls for that. Shoot, when I sit down to work a bird, sometimes it looks like Bass Pro around me. I'll have everything out, and sometimes use a diapram as well as a call in the hand at the same time.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
. Shoot, when I sit down to work a bird, sometimes it looks like Bass Pro around me. I'll have everything out, and sometimes use a diapram as well as a call in the hand at the same time.

you mean cabelas... if you havent seen this place it like bass pro on riods