Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

prairie dog hunting

Old 05-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
levi
Robertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to all

Name: Levi
Robertocritser's Tacoma Gallery
prairie dog hunting

does anyone know of a good place to hunt prairie dogs near kansas? my dad and i have been trying to find a good place but havent found one that we agree on yet.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
HAWK92 is on a distinguished road

HAWK92's Tacoma Gallery
Prairie Dogs

Check with local feed stores, as they will know what ranchers have problems with prairie dog towns, and will probably know what ranchers will welcome shooters.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for the same. Savannah National Grasslands has historically had lots of dogs but they're in the low-end of the population cycle at this point. Plague has hit them hard in the last few years.

I go out around Cody, WY but it would be much better to have a 7 hour drive instead of a 14 hour one!!! PLEASE let me know if you find decent public lands or know of a rancher with a bunch on his hands.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
HAWK92 is on a distinguished road

HAWK92's Tacoma Gallery
Prairie Dogs

You also might consider checking for ranchers that have a Richardson Squirrel problem.