Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

whats a good .22 lr conversion kit for the ar-15?

Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery

my barrel twist is 1:7, if that matters.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
this
http://palmettostatearmory.com/1464.php

I made a thread about this a while back and from what ive read and heard is that the conversion kits are really not that great
Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
CMMG makes one that replaces your bolt.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Yeah it's it's better to just buy a .22 for plinking.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
Not really a conversion but I have one and put 5000 rounds through and no problem
I know...for about 2months I was in the same process of looking for a conversion kit but this fell on my lap! I love that thing! I'd say I put about the same amount through it and no problems
Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yup, 200 for a conversion or for just over 400 you can get the mp15-22

or for around 200 you can get a 10/22
Old 05-10-2011, 07:12 AM   #9
Marlin Hustler
MARLANDO is on a distinguished road

MARLANDO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
S&W M&P15-22 LR!

Bad. Ass. Plinker.

x2 on the S&W

Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARLANDO View Post
x2 on the S&W

Old 05-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
this
http://palmettostatearmory.com/1464.php

I made a thread about this a while back and from what ive read and heard is that the conversion kits are really not that great
oh shit, you guys are right. $364 for an upper conversion kit, that's crazy! i can get a complete colt m4-.22lr for $499 (+/-$50)
Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
showmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud of

showmeballer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
oh shit, you guys are right. $364 for an upper conversion kit, that's crazy! i can get a complete colt m4-.22lr for $499 (+/-$50)

Wrong! You can get a piece of shit Umarex .22lr that says Colt on it. The CMMG upper is the way to go. They also have a drop in conversion kit that is cheaper, but I would just get the upper.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmeballer View Post
Wrong! You can get a piece of shit Umarex .22lr that says Colt on it. The CMMG upper is the way to go. They also have a drop in conversion kit that is cheaper, but I would just get the upper.
oh, that's all it is? well i like that it has the dust cover functions of a regular AR15.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
oh, that's all it is? well i like that it has the dust cover functions of a regular AR15.
I wouldnt worry about the dust cover...I would worry about reliability/accuracy...haha
Old 05-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #15

PSA just posted this on facebook

http://palmettostatearmory.com/sp6.php

best price ive ever seen on the drop in kits