1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EOTech or Aimpoint

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by ryrydtl, Jun 1, 2011.

?

EOTech or Aimpoint

Poll closed Jul 1, 2011.
  1. EOTech

70.5%
  2. Aimpoint

29.5%
  1. Jun 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    Apricotshot

Apricotshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    TRD CAI
    I've had both.

Eotechs: 551, 552

Aimpoints: T-1, M2 and one from the 1980's that still works on a Mini-14 from the A-Team.

On Eotechs I will agree I like the 1 MOA reticle design and the fact that it gives you a wide field of view. The downsides are battery life and mounting solutions. I saw many a Eotech in classes as well as on two way ranges that failed, usually due to the mount not the electronics. You could also chalk that one up to improper mounting (user error). Though most I will admit were subjected to abuses that no civvie is or would likely put them through. The newer XPS or whatever the new designation is I don't have an opinion on as I have never used one.

On Aimpoints, you have a rediculous battery life and a near bomb proof housing. If you killed an Aimpoint in a 2 way range, you're probably dead too. I wish the T1 had a 2MOA dot. All Aimpoints require mounts which of course can cost you more money. Espeacially if you have a LaRue Tactical fetish. Also if you screw up on mounting an M2 for example you can forget about having a good zero.

2. Jun 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    rob_s

rob_s Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE FL
    Vehicle:
    White 2010 DC SB Sport
    I will never understand the "field of view" argument. Open both eyes, field of view is the same. Hell, focus downrange on what you are doing and not on the tool in hand and field of view is a non-issue.

3. Jun 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    Apricotshot

Apricotshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    TRD CAI
    Maybe field of view is the wrong way to describe it. Not sure. Just seem that is has "Less clutter" maybe. Anyhow, I sold all the Eotechs and now just run Aimpoints.

4. Jun 8, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I don't think it's an 'argument' as much as it is personal preference. That being said, I'm sure anyone with training/practice can be just as good with either one.

5. Jun 10, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    I just picked up a Eotech 511. we'll see how it performs

Products Discussed in

To Top