Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Built an AR...

Old 06-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Built an AR...

Carbine length and decided to test out those "questionable" Plumcrazy polymer lowers. LOVE IT
Attached Thumbnails
Built an AR...-2011-06-10_17-41-51_459.jpg   Built an AR...-2011-06-10_17-41-09_585.jpg   Built an AR...-2011-06-10_10-09-30_807.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
i put about 90 rounds through it without the eotech. zeroed pretty well, only complaint is that the magpul buis is a little too large of a peep hole to get a accurate shot at 50+yds
Old 06-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking AR.
I have a Plum Crazy lower on one also and am still a bit leary , so we will see how it holds up.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #6
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Del-Ton complete upper
Old 06-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
I got grandpa to shoot haha, he loves it.

My 60 round shot group @ 50 yds
Attached Thumbnails
Built an AR...-2011-06-12_11-48-34_506.jpg   Built an AR...-2011-06-12_14-12-55_595.jpg  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
i put about 90 rounds through it without the eotech. zeroed pretty well, only complaint is that the magpul buis is a little too large of a peep hole to get a accurate shot at 50+yds
ive noticed that too. i guess thats why its a $50 back up sight

I still rather pay $50 bucks than $100+ for whoever elses brand
Old 06-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #9
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
ive noticed that too. i guess thats why its a $50 back up sight

I still rather pay $50 bucks than $100+ for whoever elses brand
True.. Its not difficult to hit at 50yds, just no good groups
Old 06-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Not me. I like back up iron sights and I'll pay the extra $ for them.
to each their own

i really dont like the iron sights on ar15's at all. the large front sight post is hard for me to me good hits with. at 100 yards the front post covers a piece of paper.
I guess im just use to the smaller irons on my 10/22.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
youll like that plum crazy i have used them before and they hold up great you can even put a trigger kit im them
Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
to each their own

i really dont like the iron sights on ar15's at all. the large front sight post is hard for me to me good hits with. at 100 yards the front post covers a piece of paper.
I guess im just use to the smaller irons on my 10/22.
There are after-market FSP available to suit individual tastes.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
There are after-market FSP available to suit individual tastes.
yea I didnt even think about swapping it out

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...sting-_-427154

Thanks

I might give this a try
Old 06-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #16

I think i would run the smallest one with the little "dot" on the tip.
Bottom middle.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #17
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Many years ago I shot a High power clinic at 200 yards only.
M1 Garand stock sights not N.M. and yes the front sight post covered the black completely.
I have great respect for the guys that shoot that sport 800-1000 yrds iron sights
When I shot the clinic M1-As were still the big dawg but the AR has dominated since.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #18
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
I have no desire to shoot at even 200yds open sights with this rifle. I do it enough during military marksmanship competitions. Might as well make it easy for myself and use the Eotech
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #20
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
The 511 model.

Here is a price list for my build:
PlumCrazy Lower $134.99
DTI Complete Carbine Upper $400.86
Magpul Handguards $28.45
Magpul 11 slot Pictanny Rail $8.50
Magpul AFG2 $33.20
Magpul Gen1 MBUS $59.97
5- Tapco Polymer Mags $58.85
Command Arms Grip $22.76