Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #662
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Also, I decided to get a group picture taken. (In case your wondering, that ugly blue thing at the bottom right is just a cheap knife I don't care about)

Left to right: Benchmade Volli, Kershaw Leek, Buck 110, Buck 119, AMF Volt , German WW2 bayonet.

Size Comparison between my new Leek and Volli:

And lets not forget those Case knives!
Attached Thumbnails
Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0414.jpg   Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0415.jpg   Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0420.jpg   Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0428.jpg  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #663
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
i love benchmade the quality is second to none...i have a fixed blade seal knife made by benchmade its amazing but ive been carrying a couple crkt knives (folders) lately and i must say im very happy with them so far
Agree on the CRKT's and my daily carry is a SOG Twitch II

Austen - Buck 110 was on my hip for about 24 years at work. As of late, no knifes at work. The collection of Case pocket knifes is nice too.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #664
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
just scored this 1990 Buck 110 with brown bone scales on it at a pawn shop....for 26 bucks (no pun intended). I'm going back there tomorrow to try and trade my ZT0350 and a straight razor for a scagel...

Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #665
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
I wish i could afford a benchmade, They are such great quality knifes! I have a kershaw and a gerber not sure what models but i everyday carry the kershaw and the gerber is in my center console.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #666
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
I wish i could afford a benchmade, They are such great quality knifes! I have a kershaw and a gerber not sure what models but i everyday carry the kershaw and the gerber is in my center console.
Yeah they are very pricey. I think the griptilian is the cheapest, but my Volli was $99 shipped. Kershaw are also really good quality, but I'm not a fan of Gerber simply because of where its made. I won't buy a Chinese made knife, all of mine are made in USA (except for the Swiss army knives).

A friend of mine has at least 6 Benchmades, many of them are the $200 and up models.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #668
got 5VZFE?

That sheath is also mint condition.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #669
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
Nice Score - Bone handled Buck 110, first one I have ever seen. Beee U T ful
I have been searching the web for a while and asked about it on blade forums...I think I am gonna have to be generous to said pawn shop when I go back tomorrow chasing a trade to get a scagle that they have...this particular buck is from 1990, a similar red bone one sold on ebay recently for 105 ish plus shipping, and I have seen only one other brown handle for sale (that wasn't damascus) and it was t 145 for NIB, mine I would put at about 95% without the box
Old 03-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
they actually can be fairly affordable, and similarly priced to a lot of kershaws, check out this website, they have a permanent benchmade discount code, I think it is a 25% discount

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/search....anufacturer=56

edit: yep, I just checked, it is 25%, mini grip is about 60 plus shipping
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #671
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
they actually can be fairly affordable, and similarly priced to a lot of kershaws, check out this website, they have a permanent benchmade discount code, I think it is a 25% discount

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/search....anufacturer=56

edit: yep, I just checked, it is 25%, mini grip is about 60 plus shipping
Yep, mine was like 65 shipped and its a great carry knife
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #672
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Anyone know where I can find a fox knife karambit?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #673
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just scored this 1990 Buck 110 with brown bone scales on it at a pawn shop....for 26 bucks (no pun intended). I'm going back there tomorrow to try and trade my ZT0350 and a straight razor for a scagel...

you gonna sell that ZT? partially serrated?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
you gonna sell that ZT? partially serrated?
doubtful, looking to trade it, have an offer that I am checking out this weekend.

If you are interested in trading, you could message me and I could put you as a follow up.

oh, and because this post needs more steel

this isn't exactly a knife...its a razor

Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #675
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
doubtful, looking to trade it, have an offer that I am checking out this weekend.

If you are interested in trading, you could message me and I could put you as a follow up.

oh, and because this post needs more steel

this isn't exactly a knife...its a razor

Hey Patrick, I don't use a straight razor but I do use cake soap and a badger hair brush that I got from my dad when he passed. Nice Items
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
Hey Patrick, I don't use a straight razor but I do use cake soap and a badger hair brush that I got from my dad when he passed. Nice Items
thank ya, I love the soap and brush, that in itself made a huge difference (cleared up a lot of acne), I started with that and a safety razor and ended up with straight razors, here are a couple more

my kitchen knives, a set of shun designed by Bob Kramer

my favorite machete, thickest I have found, works great for chopping through small trees (2-3 inch in diameter, possibly a bit more)

and a small collection from when I was younger before I got into knives, I picked out all the ones that were of any decent quality, surprised I have as many as I did.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #677
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
that machete is cool!! bark river, right?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #678

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
that machete is cool!! bark river, right?
Nope, it is a copy by ontario of a military issue machete, but I think that the sheath is military issue, it goes well with my pistol belt lol

And I just got my sebenza back from having it engraved by CRK, check it out

Old 04-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #679
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a little help. I have a Buck M9 Bayonet that I broke the tip on, how will this affect its value. Should I let a knife store grind and sharpen it to remove the broken area.

Products Discussed in this Thread