Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #661
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
you gonna sell that ZT? partially serrated?
doubtful, looking to trade it, have an offer that I am checking out this weekend.

If you are interested in trading, you could message me and I could put you as a follow up.

oh, and because this post needs more steel

this isn't exactly a knife...its a razor

Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #662
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
doubtful, looking to trade it, have an offer that I am checking out this weekend.

If you are interested in trading, you could message me and I could put you as a follow up.

oh, and because this post needs more steel

this isn't exactly a knife...its a razor

Hey Patrick, I don't use a straight razor but I do use cake soap and a badger hair brush that I got from my dad when he passed. Nice Items
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #663
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
Hey Patrick, I don't use a straight razor but I do use cake soap and a badger hair brush that I got from my dad when he passed. Nice Items
thank ya, I love the soap and brush, that in itself made a huge difference (cleared up a lot of acne), I started with that and a safety razor and ended up with straight razors, here are a couple more

my kitchen knives, a set of shun designed by Bob Kramer

my favorite machete, thickest I have found, works great for chopping through small trees (2-3 inch in diameter, possibly a bit more)

and a small collection from when I was younger before I got into knives, I picked out all the ones that were of any decent quality, surprised I have as many as I did.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #664
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
that machete is cool!! bark river, right?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
that machete is cool!! bark river, right?
Nope, it is a copy by ontario of a military issue machete, but I think that the sheath is military issue, it goes well with my pistol belt lol

And I just got my sebenza back from having it engraved by CRK, check it out

Old 04-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #666
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a little help. I have a Buck M9 Bayonet that I broke the tip on, how will this affect its value. Should I let a knife store grind and sharpen it to remove the broken area.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #668
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Looking for a little help. I have a Buck M9 Bayonet that I broke the tip on, how will this affect its value. Should I let a knife store grind and sharpen it to remove the broken area.
Pic works. If it were mine,I wouldn't be thinking of value. I'd be grinding it back to a point. You could find a knife sharpener in your area and let him do it.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #669
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Pic works. If it were mine,I wouldn't be thinking of value. I'd be grinding it back to a point. You could find a knife sharpener in your area and let him do it.
Thanks for the reply, I mentioned value cause all thing are eventually for sale. I was thinking the same thing about a knife guy, and I am not one , should I go standard tip or are there better options that he could grind into it
Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #670
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Idk. I'd take it from backbone and bring it into the curve. Does that make sense?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #671

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Idk. I'd take it from backbone and bring it into the curve. Does that make sense?
Not really but I am sure it would make sense to them. I was looking at all the diff blade types online and dont think they would work cause of the beef of the blade also the blade is supposed to pivot on that opening you can see to cut wire, if I recall correctly. I bought it a long time ago when I was alot younger.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #672
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on a nice benchmade for a good EDC but im not sure if thats a good use for them or not? right now i have a gerber and a kershaw, thats all ive got knife wise.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #673

Coast Guard:
I also went on the Buck web page and emailed them to ask about their "forever warranty" and explained that I snapped the tip and how they would fix it and if it would be covered or a billable to me. I figure it cant hurt to ask
Old 04-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #674
dont tread on me!

Quote:
I also went on the Buck web page and emailed them to ask about their "forever warranty" and explained that I snapped the tip and how they would fix it and if it would be covered or a billable to me. I figure it cant hurt to ask
Doesn't hurt to ask. I broke one of my knives of Alaska,the Brown bear I believe,broke it in half beating it with my hatchet breaking an axis hip bone. Sent it in with insurance,a 200$ knife. They replaced it and sent me a cashier's check for shipping refund,now that's service.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #675
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on a nice benchmade for a good EDC but im not sure if thats a good use for them or not? right now i have a gerber and a kershaw, thats all ive got knife wise.
I'm a Case knife nut. Maybe check those?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #676
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Not really but I am sure it would make sense to them. I was looking at all the diff blade types online and dont think they would work cause of the beef of the blade also the blade is supposed to pivot on that opening you can see to cut wire, if I recall correctly. I bought it a long time ago when I was alot younger.
I'd start with the back of blade at break and rebuild the curve.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #677

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Doesn't hurt to ask. I broke one of my knives of Alaska,the Brown bear I believe,broke it in half beating it with my hatchet breaking an axis hip bone. Sent it in with insurance,a 200$ knife. They replaced it and sent me a cashier's check for shipping refund,now that's service.
Nice thats what I am hopeing for but wont be surprised if it is on me
Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #678
dont tread on me!

Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-uploadfromtaptalk1366156321925.jpg
Old 04-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #679
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Just snapped this quick shot of only the knives here in my basket where I keep my keys, wallet and other stuff. I usually carry either one of these everyday. You can tell which ones gets carried the most tho
Yeah, i'm a big benchmade and zero tolerance fan. I have a few balisongs too, but i'm not great at flipping. I also have a ZT0303 and a new Benchmade 300SN ball axis flipper I keep in my rollaway at work, as well as a few CRKT/Kershaw knives I loan out to friends. There is no way I will loan out a benchmade or zero tolerance out to even my best buddy while in the shipyard.
I have lots of other knives, but the ones mentioned above and pictured below are the only ones worth mentioning. I'm not a collector. I use my knives

Top to bottom
Zero Tolerance 0561
Zero Tolerance 0200ST
Benchmade 9100 auto stryker
Benchmade 2550 auto mini reflex
Benchmade Bone collector 15020-2
Benchmade mini griptilian
Attached Thumbnails
Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-knives.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #680
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
sweet set there

my next knife is gonna be a ZT....

after I finish my MT

but those auto strykers are so fucking badass.
my dad and I have one each, got them from "someone" who was "given" a bunch.

when I'm at home I EDC the stryker, when I'm here I EDC the rift

since autos are frowned upon in this establishment

Products Discussed in this Thread