Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #942
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
Hey does anyone have or used the spyderco manix 2 in the regular or large size??? After getting the para milli and the full size military... I'm starting to grow a new found love for the spiderco again...
S30V steel and G10 scales in a Spyderco design for $90 on Amazon right now? Seems like a solid purchase to me if you're looking for a folder.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #943
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
two different steels in the blade
carbon fiber handle
titanium clip

WANT

but $500
Be sure to check out Chris Reeve knives and Stryder knives before you go spending $500 on that one. $400 or $500 opens up a world of high end customs and semi customs.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #944
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Be sure to check out Chris Reeve knives and Stryder knives before you go spending $500 on that one. $400 or $500 opens up a world of high end customs and semi customs.
X1000000

I love my Chris reeves, after buying mine I haven't wanted to buy another folder since....except a kershaw tilt, but good luck finding (or affording) one of those lol. For 500 I believe you could get one of the unique graphics from them
Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #945
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are those hinderer framelocks??? Those look pretty sick
The Lionspy is based on the Lionsteel SR-1. It's a collaboration between Spyderco and Lionsteel. Lionsteel's framelock is similar to a Ken Onion design, but it's an inhouse design on their part.

The Vallotton is a liner lock.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #946
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
FUCK

ben

looking for that pic I went to ZT's website

WANT

you horrible person, why would you do this to me

The ZT 454 won knife of the year at Blade 2013. It's going to be a PIA to find, and most pre-order's I've seen are full. Damn....
Old 08-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #947
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FUCK

ben

WANT

When are these supposed to be coming out??? I'm gonna be picking up that 0561 soon... Lol...
Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #948

Quote:
When are these supposed to be coming out??? I'm gonna be picking up that 0561 soon... Lol...
I'm considering selling my 0550 and buying an 0561 and grinding off the flipper! I like the knife but hate flippers. Also a little concerned about the ball bearing pivot system getting gunked up...
Old 08-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #949
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery

I like Benchmade.

Chris
Old 08-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #950
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm considering selling my 0550 and buying an 0561 and grinding off the flipper! I like the knife but hate flippers. Also a little concerned about the ball bearing pivot system getting gunked up...
Yea that that ball baring system is insane... It's almost effortless... I'm not sure how gunked up the pivot would get... That ZT has an awesome fit and finish and everything on their is pretty tight.. I have been thinking about selling full size military... Just cuz the para Millie 2 took it over haha... My opinion they perfected the knife also I like the compression lock... Easier manipulation with one hand...
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #951
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FUCK

ben

WANT

Super nice! but I like the triple seven better
They pop up on ebay once in awhile for over a grand...
Herringbone Damascus laminated to vanax 35!
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Zero-To...-Knife-3--9498
Old 08-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #952
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I've seen a few on ebay with the flipper ground off.

I have a 0560 black and a 0561

Old 08-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #953
KR FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I've seen a few on ebay with the flipper ground off.

I have a 0560 black and a 0561

Do you notice any opening differences??? Between the black one and the stone wash??? Is there more friction upon opening on the black one... Or do they both open effortlessly ???
Old 08-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #954
IKA fabrications

Both effortless. If you pull the flipper hard enough, you don't have to flick your wrist at all. The knife just opens when you overcome the detent.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Both effortless. If you pull the flipper hard enough, you don't have to flick your wrist at all. The knife just opens when you overcome the detent.
Ive read a lot of complaints that the detent is too strong on the zt56x. I prefer the strong detent on my zt561. I'd rather have it be a little firm to open, than open accidentally in my pocket
Old 08-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #957
IKA fabrications

I agree. I like them to stay closed too.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #959
IKA fabrications

Before I bought the para 2, I saw a vid on you tube where they were batoning it to cut through a pretty thick tree. Apparently it did well, but I would never baton a folding knife unless it was a real emergency. Especially such a lightweight knife like the spyderco.
When I go hiking, I usually carry a fixed blade in my pack and a folder in my pocket. Plus I always keep a united m48 apocalypse tomahawk in my truck
Attached Thumbnails
Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0132-1024x768-.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread