1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey TW! Let's see your knives!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by twistax, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Aug 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    Hammock

Hammock Member

Member:
    Fort McMurray,AB,Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    I have a kershaw brawler, I was very disappointed to find out it's made in China :([​IMG]

2. Aug 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    EZ Bake

EZ Bake Active Member

Member:
    South of Tulsa
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double-Cab TRD Sport
    KAI has actually made a great number of their knives overseas. At the end of the day I care about quality more than where it's built.

When Buck moved production from Cali to Idaho, several of their knives took a huge drop in Fit/Finish and overall QC so I returned the few I attempted to buy (they were literally the worst knives I've ever owned) and avoided them for a while based on friends' knives. I'd buy a Spyderco or Benchmade (American Company) budget model that was outsourced to China with tight control over QC and F/F before I'd buy an American Buck with issues.

Buck will come around - they've already taken steps to address some of the issues, but IMO they have a little ways to go before they're back to the same company that was in CA back in the day (when a 110 was inexpensive, yet a very high-quality knife to own with no gaps, blade-play, sloppy F/F, or tooling marks).

3. Aug 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    01TacoBuz

01TacoBuz Well-Known Member

Member:
    In the woods
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5
    K&N drop in filter, URD rear simulator, Deck plate mod/home made CAI, No rear cat, MagnaFlow muffler
    Yep, some of them are, I carry a Kershaw Leek everyday, made in USA

4. Aug 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376789892.351397.jpg

Picker up another Para Millie 2 and a benchmade adamas... The Adamas was a better beefier blade than the lionspy...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376789951.717520.jpg

Also saw This CHRIS REEVE PACIFIC fixed blade... Just not sure if I wanna spend the money on a truck knife bad ass non the less ... And I'm leaning towards the Esse 5 that I checked out...

5. Aug 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    Adamas 275 is a beefy folder and, imo, a good price for a hard use folder relative to any zt knife.

I carry my adamas 275 in the sheath that it comes with on my belt. Its way too fat for a pocket carry.

6. Aug 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Yea i agree you get a lot more bang for your buck with this knife... What was cool was that there was no play (lock rock) in the blade for being 140$ that's amazing... I had the 0301 and it was beefy but really wide... Although this 275 if heavy it does well with the slimmer handle... I was carrying it today in my jeans and it was a little big I admit but it wasn't to bad but each person may have there own...

7. Aug 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Bad ass man... Do you or does anyone else know is the Essee knives are built by randel??

8. Aug 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
  9. Aug 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    ESEE and Randall is like Walmart and buying groceries from Jesus' farm.

10. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Uhh ok lol...

11. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    ???

Research Randall. ESEE is comparable in no ways.

12. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Ok I Gotchya man... Your analogy is what got me lol...

13. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    And if you're still confused, they are wholly different companies. ESEE doesn't make Randall. Randall doesn't make ESEE.

14. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    Comparatively, ESEE is nothing special. (food from Walmart) and Randall is a special kind of paradise (food from Jesus).

Yes..

15. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    Also since I appear to be on a posting roll, the ESEE 3 I ordered as an EDC was the least enjoyable knife purchase I ever made. 24 hours didn't pass before I gave it to a buddy in FL, even paid shipping.

16. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Haha nice man... I just remember seeing the name randell on the Essee site and blade and I thought they where similar.. But thanks for clearing it up... And yes since your on a posting role haha... Have you handled Busse Knives before???

17. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    Randall is the last name of the owner.

Not a fan of Busse. Never handled but the crowd who buys them isn't one I would fit into.

I have sold nearly all my knives over the past 5 years. I have 9 now and all have personal attachment. My favorite now is the Blind Horse Knives/Canteen Shop collaboration the Woodcrafter.

Present from my best half.

18. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Yea I was reading they haven't been best in the past due to not being able to meet customer demands... And sell crappy stuff just to meet the demand... I'm really shooting for the esse 5... It's a beast of a knife... If you loose the edge on it and for some reason can't sharpen it... You get beat what ever your cutting to death with how think the stock is on the blade... It's like .25" thick... And what was cool was that it was sharpened really well outta the box... Hair whittling well for how think that blade was...

Btw post a pic of this wood crafter you so heavily talk about haha...

19. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    It is at a different house than I am at, but Google it, it is a great blade.

I would like to see an E5 or E6 in real life without having to buy one. No local stores carry them. Oh well.

20. Aug 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    yea one of my professors is big hunter... and he just got his randell a couple of weeks ago that he ordered Jan of 2012.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top