Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #1161
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
Have had this roadhouse since the beginning of summer, for some reason i have not started to carry it until now. So far so good.
Last week was mostly my cqc 15 and pelican 1910.

I was thinking about a traditional knife as i do not own one, maybe a case, anyone have any suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_2029.jpg   Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_1981.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #1162
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deog View Post
Have had this roadhouse since the beginning of summer, for some reason i have not started to carry it until now. So far so good.
Last week was mostly my cqc 15 and pelican 1910.

I was thinking about a traditional knife as i do not own one, maybe a case, anyone have any suggestions.
Depends on your budget, GEC makes really nice knives, case makes good knives as well. The older Camillus are nice too.

If you have a very small budget get an opinel they have good steel and take a very sharp edge....or just get one anyways, they aren't ok much money compared to other brands
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #1163
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What model is it?

I actually really like that one
Old 10-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #1164

It is sweet, I want a Randall, most likely if I ever get one it will be the same model with the stacked leather handle, did you order yours from Randall?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #1165
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
you need my address for that knife?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #1166
SuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to behold

Marines: Sgt - 0311
SuperTUSMC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Beautiful; really nice choice!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #1167
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It is, how does it cut?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #1168
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ehh.... I got over the beauty of that knife once I realized how poorly of an edc/user it is. It is a beast of a knife combining beauty with strength, but it kept slipping in my hands, PIA to carry (literally), and uncomfortable to use for long periods.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #1169
got 5VZFE?

yeah when I looked up the specs a few days ago I noticed the measurement were a little to large for my liking. I like the more medium to smaller knives.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #1170
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea it is bigger and heavier than i expected. Time will tell if i carry it. Id be happy just owning it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
yeah when I looked up the specs a few days ago I noticed the measurement were a little to large for my liking. I like the more medium to smaller knives.
It prints in my pocket like a Benchmade 275 Adamas. If it had a leather belt sheath, I would carry it more often.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #1171
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a new one today - Case Sod Buster Jr. Peach seed jigged bone handle. I like a good skinner blade and it's small enough to sit perfectly in the pocket.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #1172
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I like that alot. is it new?
Bought the knife new. Don't know how long they've been offering the peach seed jigging on the bone handle in the Sod Buster Jr. but I grabbed it up when I saw it. My first Case since I was a kid. I'm surprised how toothy an edge the stainless picked up with a touch from my croc sticks. I figured Case stainless was crap steel but it takes a good edge.

I've not had a traditional pocket knife since I let my last one rust away as a dumb kid in the '80s. Been eying the GEC #42 Missouri Trader now. If anyone knows of one available in Ebony or Cocobolo, let me know!

ETA - Ooh, or the Copperhead bone in the GEC 42. Like that one a lot too!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #1174
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Got this in the mail today! Another one for the pile.
Yes, I know its another production benchmade...
but its been discontinued and I've been wanting one for soooo long! Plus it was brand new, and I got a great deal on it.
Its a very fine knife. If it had a pocket clip, it would make a great gentleman's EDC.

#440 opportunist
Attached Thumbnails
Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0514-800x600-.jpg   Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0516-800x600-.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #1175

Nice. man. I feel like Benchmade has nestled into a nice modern pocketknife niche for collectors. Lots of neat designs out there.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #1176
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
What knife is that?
It's called "American Hero". Got it on Ebay from KY knives based in Kentucky. Solid folding knife. All quality parts and just very sturdy in your hand. The spring assist is badass too.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #1177
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have an opinion on the ZT Elmax steel?
I was looking at the 770cf and I kind of like it.
Like this. http://www.bladehq.com/item--Zero-To...luminum--15193
I jus picked up a few Benchmades the 810 Contego and 555 mini Griptilian.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #1179
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I have a few ZT elmax blades. I have read some bad reviews, but I love mine. Similar to S30V. Stays sharp, but like some of the harder knife steels, its better to use a diamond sharpening stone.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #1180
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Would you compare it to the M390 or S90V? Never used either. But I have used both the 154cm and CPM M4. Sounds like diamond sharpeners are the only quick way to put a great edge on these steels.

Products Discussed in this Thread