Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #1161
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Kershaw's new models are from China. Unless they still make some new ones here, which I'm sure they do. I had one until I lost it last weekend. The knife was still amazing even though it was made in china.
http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives?madeinusa=12

Its a shame they are switching so much production to china, my dad had an old one from Japan before he lost it, that was a good knife.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #1162
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives?madeinusa=12

Its a shame they are switching so much production to china, my dad had an old one from Japan before he lost it, that was a good knife.
Yeah. You can still get one of their US models. They still have them. My brother has one.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #1163
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I have a Leek.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #1164
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah I have a Leek.
I currently have a spyderco I posted not long ago that replaced my kershaw. I still hope I find it. That was my favorite knife. This spyderco is a very close 2nd though. If this spyderco had the flip blade opener thing, spyderco would win.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #1165
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Everytime I come to this thread, I spend too much money... And my rent and truck payment are due on the first. Blah.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #1166
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
which benchmade is that? im thinking about getting another!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Looks like a presidio. cant tell if its an auto or mini tho...
http://www.benchmade.com/products/520
Bingo. Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Thanks for covering me.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #1167
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Your making these? Kits? Or forging? More info please. Tell me about the one above. Beautiful knives.

I got a guy who forges and we do the rest in house. The SOG pup is actually T.hornstra. I did a custom kydex sheath for.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #1168
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
I got a guy who forges and we do the rest in house. The SOG pup is actually T.hornstra. I did a custom kydex sheath for.

very nice!
I may hit you up soon.. been itching for a new knife..
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #1169
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post

That SOG got me through two deployments and a whole lot of camping. Still one of my favorite blades, mostly from what we've been through together haha
Old 09-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #1170
Tahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Tahosrfr's Tacoma Gallery
My latest acquisition. Kershaw Cryo II
PREOrdered in Feb from Blade HQ and it finally came in. $35. What ???!!!! Amazing deal.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #1171
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
That SOG got me through two deployments and a whole lot of camping. Still one of my favorite blades, mostly from what we've been through together haha
I believe he got his for free and it came with the crappy sheath. So I decided to give it an upgrade.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #1172
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahosrfr View Post
My latest acquisition. Kershaw Cryo II
PREOrdered in Feb from Blade HQ and it finally came in. $35. What ???!!!! Amazing deal.
This is the one I lost a couple weekends ago. I miss it..
Old 10-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #1173

Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #1174
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Just got this leek to replace my clash after the tip got bent from trying to pry open my rear slider (gf locked keys in car, i was drunk, broken window, sad day ) i love kershaw knives, this thing is super sharp and looks killer. I think i got lucky, picked it up from walmart but the box it was in said Made in USA.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #1175
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
Just got this leek to replace my clash after the tip got bent from trying to pry open my rear slider (gf locked keys in car, i was drunk, broken window, sad day ) i love kershaw knives, this thing is super sharp and looks killer. I think i got lucky, picked it up from walmart but the box it was in said Made in USA.

Haha, you didn't get lucky. All kershaw leek models are made here.

Careful though, the tips on these bend easily too.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1176
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha, you didn't get lucky. All kershaw leek models are made here.

Careful though, the tips on these bend easily too.
Ahh thanks for the info, I did get lucky on the price though. $50 at Walmart and kershaws website says $99.99. I don't plan on trying to pry anything else with my knife but thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #1177
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery

The Kershaw was a 10 dollar purchase on woot, and impressed me enough to buy 3 more, it's not the greatest steel, but it cuts reliably and the assist open works every time, it's solid enough to EDC and cheap enough to not freak out over if it gets lost.

The CRKT was also a woot purchase, but has pretty much been a disappointment. It's too small to open/use with one hand, and the dust it's collected on the shelf has made the assist function pretty much fail. (Opens halfway and needs another nudge.)

The cold steel was a gift. It's sharp, and the build quality feels pretty good. However, for my use and preference, it's too large to carry all the time and the blade shape is "more show, than go." This knife has been in a desk drawer for the 2 years I've owned it.

The Benchmades are my current EDC knives.

The Triage (bottom knife, bottom picture) is less than 4 months old, and is very impressive. Has held a decent edge, and is very versatile. The blunt tip was my main reason for buying, it has proved to be very convenient. I ended up buying one for close friend as a wedding present. It gets used every day. My biggest complaint is that one of the belt clip screws disappeared and I had to remove the clip for a few days to keep it from
Coming all the way off while I figured out the screw size/pitch, and then found an equivalent.

As someone who works obscure/long/abnormal hours... It was very annoying that Benchmade doesn't;

A) loc-tite their hardware
B) include spare hardware with their (extremely expensive) knives
C) list hardware sizes on their website
D) provide spare hardware to dealers
E) LOC-TITE THE HARDWARE

Benchmade clip hardware is 2-56 x 3/16" long, using a .050 Allen key, in case you were wondering.

The Bone Collector Axis... (Top knife, bottom picture) is downright amazing. It's MSRP is significantly lower than the Triage, and it has fewer "features," but the knife is awesome. It's solid, REALLY solid. The blade spine is 1/8th inch thick and the D2 steel edge can take a decent beating and stay sharp. The handle and liners have just the right amount of heft to be very comfortable and balanced. The handle is very comfortable and really pretty.

I also carry either a leatherman supertool 300 or OHT daily.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1178
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I would have bought a BM Bone Collector a long time ago if it didn't have that giant logo on it.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #1179
baggedcrewcoma is on a distinguished road
baggedcrewcoma's Tacoma Gallery
benchmade 9100

Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-bench-made.jpg internet photo only bc im lazy and sick
Old 10-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #1180
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I would have bought a BM Bone Collector a long time ago if it didn't have that giant logo on it.
First picture, belt grinder/sharpener = problem solved.

Products Discussed in this Thread