Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #1341
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post

Found some knives in my runner lol. I know there is a Gerber multi tool floating around in there too..... Some where.
nice, also.... sorry, got carried away, im still a little bit pissed about thew whole situation, as i missed the cutoff by literally a day... i havent been back to any BSA camp-outs yet because of this...
Old 12-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #1342
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
those powderless ones suck even more

I think we're talking about different types of .22 ammo

I'm talking about these

in comparison to normal .22 LR

unless match rounds are a different beast
Those will be innacurate in most .22's bc they are a 60gr bullet and you need a 1/9 twist barrel for those. off the shelf .22's are a 1/16 twist.

Ive tried them in my 1/16 and can attest to them being very innacurate.
I shoot the powderless ones, super colibri, and they are fairly accurate (good enough for shooting birds in the back yard)
Old 12-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #1343
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post

Found some knives in my runner lol. I know there is a Gerber multi tool floating around in there too..... Some where.
I threw my gerber multi in my extra boots and completely forgot about it
went on some field training, and it fell out into my ruck RIGHT when I needed it

pretty sure those things are magic
Old 12-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #1344
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
how about no? ive shot a shit ton of .22 of all sorts of different brands, and every single one has a sharp crack as the round breaks the sound barrier... ive staffed enough ranges to learn this, and to learn why hearing protection is important even with .22
All you need to do is look at a box of match ammo. Lapua, RWS, SK, they're all rated for 1050 fps or so. Even bulk pack Rem/Federal/whatever is subsonic out of pistols usually. Subsonic doesn't mean hearing safe. It just means slower than the speed of sound. Still plenty loud. Figured a range staffer would know that.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #1345
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
My Kershaw Wild Turkey:
Old 12-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #1346
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I really like that! Nice!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #1347
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
All you need to do is look at a box of match ammo. Lapua, RWS, SK, they're all rated for 1050 fps or so. Even bulk pack Rem/Federal/whatever is subsonic out of pistols usually. Subsonic doesn't mean hearing safe. It just means slower than the speed of sound. Still plenty loud. Figured a range staffer would know that.
this is why i say there not subsonic to me. BSA is rifles only, speeds at 1200 FPS minimum depending on ammo. We get about 1200 to 1300 with bulk pack, even more with match grade or HV rounds
Old 12-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #1348
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
^^^ I really like that! Nice!
Thanks, its not a good picture since I tilted the knife so my camera would pick up the Damascus blade. It is a really nice quality knife. (probably since it was made in Japan)

Here is a photo I pulled off Google:
Old 12-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #1349
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Thanks, its not a good picture since I tilted the knife so my camera would pick up the Damascus blade. It is a really nice quality knife. (probably since it was made in Japan)

Here is a photo I pulled off Google:
Well I think I know what I'm getting my dad for Christmas! That things a Beaut'!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #1350
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
http://sport.woot.com/plus/boker-knives

Nothing high end here, but the prices are right. Make for great stocking stuffers at least.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #1351
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
My Kershaw Wild Turkey:
SWEET!! they still sell that?
Old 12-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #1352
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
My new EDC!

Attached Thumbnails
Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0798-1024x333-.jpg   Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-img_0799-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #1353
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
SWEET!! they still sell that?
You can still buy them, but they don't make them anymore.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw...amascus--17795

I think its a really nice deal
Old 12-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #1354
got 5VZFE?

I could have bought this one before they went out of stock, I should have too. Its a really nice unique design.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw...2-Blade--17794
Old 12-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #1356
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Hot damn, what's the specs on this thing?
it looks like a Strider

i have 2 of them
Old 12-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #1357
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
it looks like a Strider

i have 2 of them

Sure does
Actually its a really high quality Chinese copy. I could never EDC a real strider Its flamed titanium frame lock and had a D2 blade. I know its good steel cause I tried to strop it and it took forever! The grinding is perfect and totally symmetrical, even the sculpting scales are mirror images on both sides. Very impressed with it. Only way you can tell is that the real strider flame job has a finer pattern. Even the box looks real. I have a friend that has a real strider (waited almost a year for it) and was completely fooled. I crack open the box and he goes "WOW! Can I touch it?"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251365408072...84.m1439.l2649
The guy also sells a blue and a Bronze Ti handle version.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #1358
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I carry mine every day...it is issued gear
Old 12-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #1359

bastard.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #1360
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

it's not as nice as that one...it's one of his basic deals...black scales etc...but it's a durable knife that sees a lot of abuse

Products Discussed in this Thread