LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Old 12-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #1462
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
im curious as to which hatchet that is, it looks to be from the forest line. but looks like the perfect size backpacking axe!

Edit: is it the Gransfors small hatchet?

yes.. the small hatchet.. its great! and has a belt loop on the sheath as well.
http://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/prod...small-hatchet/
Old 01-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #1463
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
yes.. the small hatchet.. its great! and has a belt loop on the sheath as well.
http://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/prod...small-hatchet/
I took mine on a 50 mile backpack trip. My pack came in at 34 lbs so I had weight to spare. My hatchet is just a tad over a pound. I gutted a trout with it. Hammering in tent stakes is a breeze. Till the sheath comes off and you slice your thumb. Small wood was abundant so ironically I cut very little wood.

The gransfors hatchet is better than my Wetterlings. But only in fit/finish. And by a long shot. Comparing the two side by side the Wetterlings is rough. Both perform the same. Awesome! My gransfors small forest axe is much bigger. But it is nice. Grain runs perfect in the handle. Chops off chicken heads in style!

The sheath on the Wetterlings is much much better tho.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #1464
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
I expect beavis's post may inspire some to shop. Haha

Here are my axes. Gransfor Bruks small forest axe. Hard to find sometimes. It is the most popular sized. And my tiny Wetterlings wildlife axe. Both are fucking sharp. I've test shaved my legs with them. Non scientific id say the Wetterlings is sharper. Easier to sharpen a smaller head I think. I got the hatchet for hunting. I want to butcher with a axe. Someday!

You can see the fit finish diffs. Pure aesthetics. Both kick ass. I love them both. Even the bigger one is packable. I'll take one of them Saturday on my hog bow hunt.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #1465
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Let's see..

Nice ,very nice. I love the leather cases

later tig1
Old 01-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #1466
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tig1's Tacoma Gallery

My night lite,not as loud as a gun.

later tig1
Old 01-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #1467
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Is that an old kabar?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #1468

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Let's see

It is U.S. Army,handle was repainted, year unknown.

later tig1
Old 01-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #1469
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #1470
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My small collection. The little Smith and Wesson has been my daily carry as if late. The big folder with the curved serrated blades belongs to the girlfriend.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #1471
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
What is everyone using to keep their stuff sharp? I have various stones and steels, but I never seem to do a good job.

I'm looking for something that is pretty much idiot proof.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #1472
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post
What is everyone using to keep their stuff sharp? I have various stones and steels, but I never seem to do a good job.

Lansky stones. Has a guide so you can choose the angle of the grind you want.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #1473
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Lansky stones. Has a guide so you can choose the angle of the grind you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Not a knife...but applicable...got this for Christmas from the parents

http://www.worksharptools.com/knife/...sharpener.html
I used to use a lansky system but recently switched...so much easier
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #1474
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Not a knife...but applicable...got this for Christmas from the parents

http://www.worksharptools.com/knife/...sharpener.html
Quote:
I used to use a lansky system but recently switched...so much easier
interesting. I cant see that system giving a very polished edge though.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #1475
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
interesting. I cant see that system giving a very polished edge though.
it has a polishing belt that does just fine
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #1476
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Spyderco sharpener. 4 step system for every type of knife. Plus more

GF got it for me for Xmas after I feel in love with my Grandpa's

Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #1477

Quote:
it has a polishing belt that does just fine
Really?? That's cool! I'll have to check it out.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #1478
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Really?? That's cool! I'll have to check it out.
i seriously sharpened my 4 work knives (yes 4 dont judge) my 5 favorite kitchen knives and my off duty knife in like 15-20 min
Old 01-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #1479

Quote:
i seriously sharpened my 4 work knives (yes 4 dont judge) my 5 favorite kitchen knives and my off duty knife in like 15-20 min
yEAH........but now the blades are 1/4" narrower.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #1480
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
yEAH........but now the blades are 1/4" narrower.
psh