Hey TW!  Lets see your knives!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1408208780.901075.jpg

Warthog tusk in resin.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #1624
Tacoman503 is on a distinguished road
Tacoman503's Tacoma Gallery
ZT S30V steel
Old 08-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #1625
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Work in progress. Gift from my grandfather about 13 years ago... I was 12 or so and I introduced it to 110v and arc'd a huge nick into the blade... Hadn't seen the knife for years and stumbled across it while moving.

I reshaped the belly to get rid of the nick and now I'm working on refinishing the blade.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #1626
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Got my R. Hankins original in the mail today, it's sweet!

Old 08-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #1627
Designated Stock Height Crawler
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Got my R. Hankins original in the mail today, it's sweet!

Old 08-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #1628
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Oh ya, I was at the right place at the right time for that (also known as I saw it on the forums when I actually had funds lol). This one called to me enough that I bought it. It is also the first time I have used paypal..... It's all down hill from here lol. I'm wondering if I can find some 1911 grips to match the scales on the knife. Anyone know if any?

Here are description and specs for the knife from the seller. I've got work to do on my 3 acre rental property this weekend so plan to out it through its paces then, maybe not what it's designed for, but oh well lol

Scout Fighter

Hits that sweet spot in blade size, OAL VS Weight

Nice slim line slicer done in 3/16” D2

Blade is 5” tip to front of scales 9 ¾” OAL Fly for scale

Layered G10 scales W SS pins Yea! it actually rained here today

Sheath is set for a Teklok or Molle, Belt clip included
Old 08-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #1629
livelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant future

Name: SoberDave
livelifetolive's Tacoma Gallery
1998 Cold Steel Gunsite II

Old 08-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #1630
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
nice everyone.

just used my Mora to butcher a deer last weekend. simply amazing..i love the Scandi grind.

i thought i was gonna buy the Benchmade fixed blade hunter next..but i am seriously considering a new custom scandi knife. mmmmm..choices.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #1631

Once you get one custom you don't want anything else lol. Custom is the way to go, find a maker that you like to make exactly what you want.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #1632
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Not a knife, but related. I pushed the button on a Gransfors Bruk Small Forest Axe when I found a stocking dealer in Anchorage. Figured a lot of knife users would appreciate it.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #1633

Those are sweet, wish I could justify the price, I've got a heavy plumb hatchet head on a 24" handle that I like too much lol

On another note, I almost threw my sebenza away today, going through some stuff to get rid of and dropped it in the trash without realizing it, went looking a couple hours later and found it in the trash bag
Old 08-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #1634
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Those are sweet, wish I could justify the price...
Says the guy with the Sebenza, lol.

I picked up some antler tips while I was in AK and I made a new lanyard out of caribou today for my GEC #42. Took about 15 minutes to cut, drill and buff.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #1635

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Can't justify the price when I have one I like already
Old 09-07-2014, 08:42 PM   #1636
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Not a knife, but related. I pushed the button on a Gransfors Bruk Small Forest Axe when I found a stocking dealer in Anchorage. Figured a lot of knife users would appreciate it.

GREATAXE!! i have one as well. for a while they were getting tough to find. i got mine from a woodworking shop going out of business, and got mine on a rare sale. i was stoked!!
i wiped the handle down with a mineral oil, beeswax paste i made. darkened it a bit, but it feels really weatherproof. animal blood washes off of it easy
Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #1637
i am absolutely blown away on how good a cheap ass Mora is.

i was gonna go an buy a new benchmade knife out of their HUNT line, but just cant do it....this was today. got home from work, sharpened the Mora and it is seriously as sharp as a straight razor. it is my sharpest knife by far..that scandi grind is pretty easy to sharpen..i could do it with my eyes closed..

i might get a new tactical Mora for a whopping $40..hahah..it has a thicker blade.

i'm even coming to grips with the sheath!! i cleaned deer blood off the sheath with no issues. leather would have sucked.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #1638

Northwoods Freemont Jack, fresh out of the mailbox.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #1639
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i am absolutely blown away on how good a cheap ass Mora is.

i was gonna go an buy a new benchmade knife out of their HUNT line, but just cant do it....this was today. got home from work, sharpened the Mora and it is seriously as sharp as a straight razor. it is my sharpest knife by far..that scandi grind is pretty easy to sharpen..i could do it with my eyes closed..

i might get a new tactical Mora for a whopping $40..hahah..it has a thicker blade.

i'm even coming to grips with the sheath!! i cleaned deer blood off the sheath with no issues. leather would have sucked.
The Bushcraft Black? Never seen a "tactical" Mora.

They're great, scandis are super easy to sharpen to a hair popper.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #1640
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Small little review on the CKRT knife the Drifter. It's been really good it's still super sharp and I've carried it every day since it arrived roughly 2 months ago I think.

The only small issue I have noticed is that there is a nut that holds the blade centred and it seems to like to come loose. If you tighten it too much you can't open the blade up so there is a sweet spot you have to tighten it too and it's kind of a wonky bit that you have to use. When it comes loose it causes the top of the blade to scrape against the handle and it's worn off the coating on the blade. Really not a big deal and I would buy it again in a heart beat for $20.

Products Discussed in this Thread