Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ammo

Old 06-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Ammo

Just ordered 500 more rds of 5.56 for $159.xx shipped from PSA. I had not ordered from there before but they had the best price I could find for XM193. Looks like I'll be scoring ~400rds of Winchester .45 from my brother-in-law tomorrow so I should be set for a while. Anyone going shooting tomorrow? Take your kids shooting; especially on Father's Day.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
i wish. i need to renew my gun club membership... i've been slacking. was at a gun show this morning though. unbelievable how expensive ammo is getting these days...
Old 06-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yep. That's why I stocked up when I could. Now I try to keep a 500rd cushion for me to use here and there without dipping into my reserves. I wish I reloaded; maybe down the road someday.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
mpmoody is on a distinguished road
Army:
mpmoody's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Yep. That's why I stocked up when I could. Now I try to keep a 500rd cushion for me to use here and there without dipping into my reserves. I wish I reloaded; maybe down the road someday.
Reloading is probably the best thing I have done in firearms-wise. If you have friends that do a lot of shooting, you guys need to cruise Craigslist and Backpage for a setup. My buddy and I did that and found a Dillon 550B for ~$300. It costs a bit more to get the dies, shellplates, trimmers, tumblers, and actual components, but quickly pays off after a few shooting sessions.

Currently, I am loading for .223, .308, and 9mm. Half of what I load is defensive stuff (heavy hollow point bullets) and the other half if using FMJ bullets for plinking.

Once you start reloading, brass collection will be another new hobby. If you know your local shooting areas, I'd start picking up all calibers you are likely to load for. Heck, you could even pick up most calibers and sell them on Backpage or AZShooting once you get a few hundred.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so glad I live within 10 min of PSA

All the deals and no shipping

picked up 440 m855 on stripper clips for $129 a couple weeks ago
Old 06-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post

I just picked up an RCBS Reload Kit locally for like 369. I got that and the dies and I am good for now...all of that came to $450w/tax. I still have to get a trimmer and a tumbler when I need it. I look at it as the initial investment and the savings after that, not so much as making my money back. Also gives me something to do when I am bored as hell...
Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
what is PSA?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
palmetto state armory
Old 06-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

www.palmettostatearmory.com
Old 06-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yup, PSA is great. they had their Full auto BCG's for 5.56 for 99 bucks and stripped lowers for $49!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #13
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a bunch of PSA stuff. Packer -- what .223 did you get? I scored a grand of PMC for less than 400 shipped.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #14
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ XM193
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
Just trying to prove I cant read, sorry.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #16

lol
Old 06-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Yup XM193.

In other related news: I went out yesterday morning and found an awesome ~180yd wash/range about a mile away from where I usually go. Shot my SBR, 1911 and XD45. Had a great time. I think the disease has me again. I won't get out again for 2 weeks so I'm a little bummed...Maybe another TW meet...
Old 06-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #18

Im trying to get my wife out to the range again, she wants to go to but its just been way too hot. its 80 degrees by 6:30am
Old 06-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
yup, PSA is great. they had their Full auto BCG's for 5.56 for 99 bucks and stripped lowers for $49!!!
picked up a BCG for $89.99 this weekend from them...full auto

now to spend the next 2 months paying the taxes on my vehicles and i can finish building my next rifle