Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

sightmark sure shot holographic sight for shotgun? yes?/no?

View Poll Results: small holographic sight on shotgun?
yes: DAY ONLY 0 0%
yes: NIGHT ONLY 0 0%
yes: DAY and NIGHT 1 20.00%
no: Just use the ghost ring sights that it somes with. 4 80.00%
other (under $100) 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
sightmark sure shot holographic sight for shotgun? yes?/no?

Sightmark Sure Shot Holographic Sight

i was thinking about putting this sight on my shotgun.
should it only be there for night shooting? or both day and night? or not at all?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
never heard of them. if it's like bushnell sights, it would definitely help during the day and very much so at night

edit: trijicon sights...getting my sights mixed up now
Old 06-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
never heard of them. if it's like bushnell sights, it would definitely help during the day and very much so at night

edit: trijicon sights...getting my sights mixed up now
what would you recommend? i'm looking for something small and cheap with no magnification. i assume that i wont be shooting anything further than 50 feet.

thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
it's only $40. get it and see what happens. that style sight would be good for a shotty, it's just the quality i'd be concerned with. non stop recoil my blow that thing up eventually, but at $40, it wouldn't matter TOO much. eotech/trijicon would be recommended...but those are 10x the price
Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
it's only $40. get it and see what happens. that style sight would be good for a shotty, it's just the quality i'd be concerned with. non stop recoil my blow that thing up eventually, but at $40, it wouldn't matter TOO much. eotech/trijicon would be recommended...but those are 10x the price
yeah im going to read a little more about it before i buy it.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
YankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant future

Army: I jump out of perfectly good airplanes... among other things.
Name: Lef
YankeePirate's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to YankeePirate
It's a shotgun, not a sniper rifle. If it comes with ghost ring sights you already have the best sighting system that you really need. Save the money and spend it on ammo.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePirate View Post
It's a shotgun, not a sniper rifle. If it comes with ghost ring sights you already have the best sighting system that you really need. Save the money and spend it on ammo.
hmmm... $40 on shotgun ammo does go a long way.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
I'd consider night sites if it was my go-to home defense weapon. Otherwise, I shoot shotguns more than any other of my guns because I hunt a lot including times when it's very low-light and I've never felt the need for anything other than the stock bead sights.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #9

i've been reading reviews on this and it turns out that one unknown company in china or somewhere makes these and then big brands such as browning stamp their name on these making people think its a great sight for $40 and it turns out that these sights are a POS.

if this thread ever interested anyone and they want one the real thing is called the UltraDot Pan-A-V.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
The thing is cool looking but y would you need it on a shotgun???
Old 06-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
The thing is cool looking but y would you need it on a shotgun???
i was thinking night shooting/ home defense. but i'm not going to get it after all. thanks guys!