Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #21
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Again, what's the purpose of this gun, hunting/range? I promise you will get tired of carrying this fat barreled gun. But if so a lesser scope will do. Being a target gun, the barrel, you will want great glass, more than you have budgeted, wait, IIRC the HF pipes don't have any sights, correct? So you need something right?
Yeah, I have to have something. Dont plan to hunt with it. Mostly target shooting and plinking. Honestly it will be a long time before im good enough for any of this to really matter. I could probably slap a cheap scope on it and just shoot it out of the box and be happy, but I just cant resist modding something. For the scope i just dont want the bottom of the barrel. I'm thinkin about trying this one out:

http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Crossfi.../dp/B002SCYQVC
Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I have no experience with Vortex, however, I've read a ton of good stuff about them. For target work, do they offer a tad more power? 7x is a tad low on a target gun, hunting it'd be perfect. My target rig has a 6-24x42 Weaver, it will stack up shots, so, I want to see where it's hitting on the paper.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #23
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
I have no experience with Vortex, however, I've read a ton of good stuff about them. For target work, do they offer a tad more power? 7x is a tad low on a target gun, hunting it'd be perfect. My target rig has a 6-24x42 Weaver, it will stack up shots, so, I want to see where it's hitting on the paper.
I think 7 will be ok for the 22. at some point if i get better and want to step up i can pass this guy down to the wife.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
Flashlight to identify home invaders? Kidding! Nice, I been thinking about getting one.
Actually, it works great for bull froggin'!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #25
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
I think 7 will be ok for the 22. at some point if i get better and want to step up i can pass this guy down to the wife.

x7 means, as you look at the target it will appear 7x closer. 50 yds will appear as 7ish to the naked eye, not bad over all. A great beginner scope.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #26
Navy:
Quote:
x7 means, as you look at the target it will appear 7x closer. 50 yds will appear as 7ish to the naked eye, not bad over all. A great beginner scope.
HAHAHA.. Yeah I understand that..
Old 08-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #27
Navy:
well.... it will already be handed down.. hahhahah.. decided to get this guy instead for myself.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-pr...0-reticle.html
Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #28

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HAHAHA.. Yeah I understand that..

LOL, most don't. You WILL need a better scope to get the most out of your rifle, be sure to try lots of ammo brands/styles. I buy anything at shows/shops that I've never tried..
Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #29
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
break into someones house and someone opens up with one of those 110 round circular magazines and you would probably run
Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #30

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well.... it will already be handed down.. hahhahah.. decided to get this guy instead for myself.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-pr...0-reticle.html

I have had nothing but great luck out of the Nikon lineup. I have a UCC Monarch on my Weatherby, a Buckmaster on my sporter .22, Nikon ATB bino's and rangefinder, hell, I have a Nikon DSLR camera. I guess I'm a Nikon fanboy...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #31
Navy:
Quote:
I have had nothing but great luck out of the Nikon lineup. I have a UCC Monarch on my Weatherby, a Buckmaster on my sporter .22, Nikon ATB bino's and rangefinder, hell, I have a Nikon DSLR camera. I guess I'm a Nikon fanboy...
ok some confusion here... the range i go to the rifle range starts at 100yds.... but this scope has a 50yd parallax, should i opt for the normal nikon with the 100yd parallax?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #32

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok some confusion here... the range i go to the rifle range starts at 100yds.... but this scope has a 50yd parallax, should i opt for the normal nikon with the 100yd parallax?
I hate to be the one, but, if you START shooting at 100yds, with a .22. Your going to get your feeling hurt. 25yrds is where you need to start. I like to think I'm a avid shooter and can rarely put together a good group at 100yds. with a .22
Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #33
Navy:
Quote:
I hate to be the one, but, if you START shooting at 100yds, with a .22. Your going to get your feeling hurt. 25yrds is where you need to start. I like to think I'm a avid shooter and can rarely put together a good group at 100yds. with a .22
nothing is going to hurt my feelings... im not expecting anything spectacular.. Im quite happy at this point to hit paper and i have been doing that.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #34

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
If your hitting paper at 100yds, with no sights, you need to try out for the Olympics...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #35
Navy:
Quote:
If your hitting paper at 100yds, with no sights, you need to try out for the Olympics...
Noooo... haha.. i dont even have my 10/22 yet. waiting for 10 day. this was with my Marlin 60 with a cheap 4x walmart scope.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #36

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Noooo... haha.. i dont even have my 10/22 yet. waiting for 10 day. this was with my Marlin 60 with a cheap 4x walmart scope.
OK, that I'll buy.. I thought I was talking with someone who is gifted in some manner. BTW my ole Marlin 60 was one sharp-shooting gun, it would jam on a regular basis though. Mine had a squirrel in the stock, do they still?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #37
Navy:
Quote:
OK, that I'll buy.. I thought I was talking with someone who is gifted in some manner. BTW my ole Marlin 60 was one sharp-shooting gun, it would jam on a regular basis though. Mine had a squirrel in the stock, do they still?
I scored mine from a friend. They no longer have the squirrel on the stock, but mine does. 1969 manufacture date. Mine stovepipes like crazy. needs the feed throat conversion, have cleaned and polished it like crazy and still stovepipes. i will get it fixed at some time, but will have fun with the 10/22 as well.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #38
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakopa84 View Post
here's my 10/22
TWINS!

May I ask where you got that clip? I have been trying to find one like that forever!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
I've got a loaded .45 desert eagle for home defense...

should be a little more effective than the .22!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptowntaco View Post
TWINS!

May I ask where you got that clip? I have been trying to find one like that forever!
The clip I have is a .22 conversion for an AR-15 that I epoxied the 10/22 magazine to the top of. I got it from cabela's. It's mainly for looks

Products Discussed in this Thread