Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #41
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
I like this thread nothing better than being able to put 300 rds down range and still have money in your wallet.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #42
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakopa84 View Post
The clip I have is a .22 conversion for an AR-15 that I epoxied the 10/22 magazine to the top of. I got it from cabela's. It's mainly for looks
any good write ups on how to do this? Or is it not to hard? Im not any expert but I would like to just see maybe a how too...?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #43
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got a loaded .45 desert eagle for home defense...

should be a little more effective than the .22!
Don't miss! That's an odd choice for HD in my opinion.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #44
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got a loaded .45 desert eagle for home defense...

should be a little more effective than the .22!
.45 Desert Eagle?

Not sure I've ever seen one of those. I've seen a .357, 44 magnum and 50 AE, but never a 45. I know the Baby Eagle comes in 9 mm and 40 S&W...does it come in .45 ACP as well?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #45
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for future use. Picked up a 10-22 at the gun show a week ago. Cant wait to start modding it!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #46
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
here's my 10/22
What brand stock is that?
Its nice!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #47
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptowntaco View Post
any good write ups on how to do this? Or is it not to hard? Im not any expert but I would like to just see maybe a how too...?
It's pretty easy... I bought a .22 LR conversion-style clip for an m-16 from Cabelas, cut off the top bullet feeder, and glued on the ruger clip. Painted it matt black to match the rest of the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
.45 Desert Eagle?

Not sure I've ever seen one of those. I've seen a .357, 44 magnum and 50 AE, but never a 45. I know the Baby Eagle comes in 9 mm and 40 S&W...does it come in .45 ACP as well?
Yup! It's the Baby Eagle .45 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshark View Post
What brand stock is that?
Its nice!
The butt-stock or the reciever part? The butt-stock is a Tapco brand stock for an AR-15, and the reciever/housing is a conversion kit for 10/22 made by nordic components.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #48

Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The butt-stock or the reciever part? The butt-stock is a Tapco brand stock for an AR-15, and the reciever/housing is a conversion kit for 10/22 made by nordic components.
Sorry, I did mean receiver. I have never heard of Nordic.

How would you compare Nordic to Tapco or Archangel receiver?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #49
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
My 10/22...gave to my son as his 17th birthday present last month. Had the stock custom dipped just for him.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #50
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
Doesn't everybody have a 10/22??

Here's mine:

Very nice! I'm sure that's very pleasant to shoot. Does it have any recoil? What distances do you normally plink at?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post

That looks awesome!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshark View Post
Sorry, I did mean receiver. I have never heard of Nordic.

How would you compare Nordic to Tapco or Archangel receiver?
I was thinking about getting the Archangel, but I didn't like that it was all plastic. The Nordic 10/22 conversion kit is all metal, and is designed specifically for the Ruger 10/22. The Nordic kit also allows you to use actual AR-15 components for your add on's.

On my 10/22, the butt-stock, pistol grip, fore-grip, float tube, dot site, and flashlight are all AR-15 components.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #53
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:

Yup! It's the Baby Eagle .45 ACP

Nice!! Ain't nothing like lobbing watermelons at the bad guys. I love the .45ACP!!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #54
Blackdog is on a distinguished road

Name: Blackdog
Blackdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
So, I bought a Ruger 10/22 yesterday and waiting for it to get out of jail. I have been reading a lot about them and the immense aftermarket for them. I sprung for the Target edition so hopefully it wont need massive upgrades. Maybe a different stock and some trigger work. lets see what everyone else has done to theirs. It's like the AR15 of .22lrs. I bought a 22 because I'm pretty new to guns and not really interested in huntting and more interested in target shooting. just a few times at the range with my old Marlin 60 in the past couple weeks and im happy i went this way. I was shooting 200-300 rounds in a trip to the range and the guys shooting bigger centerfire stuff would show up, shoot 20 rounds, and go home. I really just want to shoot a lot and not break the bank. I also picked up a Marlin 795 for the wife and a Browning Buckmark camper 22lr pistol, so that i can learn to shoot a pistol. I plan to get a bigger handgun later down the road. anyways.... this thread is about the 10/22 so lets talk about that one.
Hey Seth, good job. I guess after shooting my 10/22 up at the last camp that you went out and got one. That is cool. I havent done anything to mine yet, but I may in the future. There is a range out here in Sheridan that is free that we could go to and shoot when you get yours, just let me know. Talk to you later.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #55
fritzthecat will become famous soon enough

Navy:
fritzthecat's Tacoma Gallery
You can have lots of fun with a 10/22 and a few bucks for an airsoft P90 stock.

Fritz
Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #56
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's pretty easy... I bought a .22 LR conversion-style clip for an m-16 from Cabelas, cut off the top bullet feeder, and glued on the ruger clip. Painted it matt black to match the rest of the gun.

Thanks man! got me a new project now
Old 08-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #57
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzthecat View Post

Fritz

....want
Old 08-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #58

Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzthecat View Post

Fritz
More info please! Looks sweet!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #59
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
well.... it will already be handed down.. hahhahah.. decided to get this guy instead for myself.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-pr...0-reticle.html
Good choice. I think Nikon actually makes a .22 scope that you can adjust the yardage and it will stay sighted in. Im not sure the model but I saw it in a guns and ammo mag.

Ive had my 10/22 for 14 years or so and has been my favorite gun! Ive had 3 or 4 different stock on it, a few different sights, and I think im ready for a new barrel for it now.

here is how mine looks as of now.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #60
Skimafia is on a distinguished road
Skimafia's Tacoma Gallery

I have put a scope on it now, but its not very good. The gun shoots well, though.

The powder on the stock is from the nitrile gloves I was wearing when I put the barrel on. Its a crappy cell phone picture.

Products Discussed in this Thread