Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #601
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my tactical 10/22, bought it as a basic carbine model. It sure is a sweet shooter, everyone who has shoot it so far handed it back to me with a big grin on their face.

Archangel 556 Stock Kit
KIDD Trigger Job Kit
Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
Volquartsen Auto Bolt Release
Volquartsen Recoil Buffer
Superior Concepts Charging Handle
Tactical Innovations Flash Hider
MagPul AFG2 Foregrip
MagPul L5 MOE Side Rails
UTG Biopod
Nikon P-22 Scope
Ruger BX-25 Magazines

Old 09-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #602
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
How is that Archangel stock? ive never looked at one. I got the BC stock and UTG quad rail and magpul grip like urs, but.....I came to realize that the BC stock is flawed! This guy points it out:

http://youtu.be/voC_u2Q-R5A

Mine has the same issue. I dont care much about the other issues but the damn gun body see-saws in the middle even after mods...its the softness of the material. no way it will be accurate. I filed it down and the damn polymer just warps, even with the stock barrel band. I mainly got the BC because it collapses the carbine into the shortest legal length...just sucks that it warps under normal pressure. I may look into this one. Or, I may hack a stock 10/22 polymer stock and attach the BC folding butt to it.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #603
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
The Archangel stock is good. I was worried it might flex a little or not fit the gun right. However it fits great, and the polymer is very high quality with no flex at all. The floated barrel on mine is centered perfectly in the hand guard with no shims or mods needed. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

The oversize charging handle I have didn't fit with the stock, but I fixed that by just cutting a small notch out of the back of the handle with a dremel.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #604
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone reccomend some good sights? My rear stock ruger one is cracked (did something in HS dumb and broke it, dont ask because I dont remember). Looking to replace it, dont think I wanna go with a scope. Looking to do some plinking in DEC when Im home.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #605
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Can anyone reccomend some good sights? My rear stock ruger one is cracked (did something in HS dumb and broke it, dont ask because I dont remember). Looking to replace it, dont think I wanna go with a scope. Looking to do some plinking in DEC when Im home.

http://www.tech-sights.com/ruger3.htm
Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #606
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I took my green mountain barrel off over the weekend. I tried to go shooting but for some reason I was getting fail to fire's and the round would get stuck in the chamber. Took it home and cleaned it really well. Then put the factory barrel back on.

I never really liked the plane jane GM barrel anyways. it was hard to feed rounds in it and wasnt that much more accurate.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #607
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I took my green mountain barrel off over the weekend. I tried to go shooting but for some reason I was getting fail to fire's and the round would get stuck in the chamber. Took it home and cleaned it really well. Then put the factory barrel back on.

I never really liked the plane jane GM barrel anyways. it was hard to feed rounds in it and wasnt that much more accurate.
Is it a bull or sporter taper?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #608
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
It was a bull.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #609
AK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
AK 08TACO's Tacoma Gallery
10/22 Magnum converted to 17HMR. Lilja barrel cut down to 18". McMillan Anschutz Thumbhole stock.

http://
Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #610
budd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 51T - 412th EnCom
budd4766's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but this seems like the perfect place to post this. Ruger is wanting us to design the next 10/22...and maybe win one too. I just thought that with all the cool stuff you guys do to your 10/22s, you'd be perfect for something like this. Good Luck!

http://www.ruger.com/micros/1022_50/index.html?r=y
Old 10-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #611
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 08TACO View Post
10/22 Magnum converted to 17HMR. Lilja barrel cut down to 18". McMillan Anschutz Thumbhole stock.

http://

Nice!! Here's my HM2 .17 converted. It's a tack driver!!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #612

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap fellows!!! I get this strange call today from Ruger Fireams "Sweepstakes Division". It seems one of MY RIFLES has made the top ten submissions in the 10/22 Anniversary design contest!!!! Hell yeah, just won a Ruger firearm of my choice (thinking a SR 7.62) at least. But here's the deal, the top ten are being voted on as we speak, and I could use some help for a shot at the Grand Prize. The other fellows got a couple day head start on me, but I'm still in the middle somewhere. So, I'd like to ask for your vote, it's very simple, click the link below, click VOTE NOW, click on "Rick in Alabama", that's it. Thanks in advance for your time, and thanks to whom ever it was that posted in this thread about this contest. Remember, you can vote each and every day, thanks again, Rick.

By the way here is the entry I submitted, just my take on a classic American Sporter.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #613
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Done, sir!

On a sidenote, how did so many tacticool setups get in there?!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #614

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Done, sir!

On a sidenote, how did so many tacticool setups get in there?!
Thank you buddy!! I thought the same about the tac rifles, guess that's just what's "in" now. Another thing that kinda struck me as odd, was the concept guns, seems the rules stated lets see your modded 10/22s.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #615
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Thank you buddy!! I thought the same about the tac rifles, guess that's just what's "in" now. Another thing that kinda struck me as odd, was the concept guns, seems the rules stated lets see your modded 10/22s.
Yea, the tacticool thing just doesn't work with .22's. Just my opinion, but if that's what sells, it can't be helped I guess. That's what I thought too. The frontrunners are concept guns too. Should've submitted mine in hindsight. Wasn't terribly impressed by many of the other options. Definitely like yours though. Very clean and classic.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #616

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
You should have, I'd had no idea I'd get selected. I'll admit, I have a tacicool, one, heavy barreled and the .17HM2 above, along with a box stocker. I'm currently refinishing a 1967 walnut finger groove sporter stock, for my sixth build. I've got a problem....
Old 10-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #617
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
+1 Rick
Old 10-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #618

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir!!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:00 AM   #619
Racer X will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
I saw that the voting has ended, did you win??

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Holy crap fellows!!! I get this strange call today from Ruger Fireams "Sweepstakes Division". It seems one of MY RIFLES has made the top ten submissions in the 10/22 Anniversary design contest!!!! Hell yeah, just won a Ruger firearm of my choice (thinking a SR 7.62) at least. But here's the deal, the top ten are being voted on as we speak, and I could use some help for a shot at the Grand Prize. The other fellows got a couple day head start on me, but I'm still in the middle somewhere. So, I'd like to ask for your vote, it's very simple, click the link below, click VOTE NOW, click on "Rick in Alabama", that's it. Thanks in advance for your time, and thanks to whom ever it was that posted in this thread about this contest. Remember, you can vote each and every day, thanks again, Rick.

By the way here is the entry I submitted, just my take on a classic American Sporter.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #620

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
No, but thanks to those who helped. I was considered a first place winner (all ten finalist were). So I have won a Ruger firearm of my choice. I've selected a SR 7.62 (AR 15 style .308).

Products Discussed in this Thread