Notices

Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #641
tacoglock19 is on a distinguished road

tacoglock19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Always good to put it to use for what I built it for.

Anybody know someone who wants to get rid of a receiver and/or trigger group? I still have the stock barrel and stock laying around. It would be fun to have another 10/22 to throw in the tractor or barn if I stumble across a receiver and trigger for the right price.
You missed mine by about 3 weeks. I sold those two parts when I got my Kidd replacements. Rimfire Central is good for sure. Armslist also.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #642
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Keep an eye open over on Rimfirecentral.com there are on there for sale fairly regular.
That's a great idea! I should have thought of that earlier.

The TacSol barrel left the front end a little light for my tastes. Pulled a bi-pod off another rifle today and through it on. Feels a bit better to me now, not that it was particularly bad in the first place. I think I'll have to pick up another bi-pod.
Attached Thumbnails
Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread-10341659_10203499615998269_8946963397506544818_n.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #643
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Anyone want to sell their black stock for the ruger 10/22. I picked up a wood stock one last week but want to see if i like the black better.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:57 AM   #644
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
My wife told me she is thinking about getting into shooting small bore competitively. Anyone need a new kidney? I am probably going to get her a stock 10/22 and upgrade it as needed if she really gets into it. Does anyone else here shoot small bore?
Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 AM   #645
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Anyone want to sell their black stock for the ruger 10/22. I picked up a wood stock one last week but want to see if i like the black better.

Are you just looking for a factory synthetic stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
My wife told me she is thinking about getting into shooting small bore competitively. Anyone need a new kidney? I am probably going to get her a stock 10/22 and upgrade it as needed if she really gets into it. Does anyone else here shoot small bore?

I have a good friend (taught me the fiber points of shooting) that used to compete in IR 50/50 with a 10/22, an would win.

His gun was built with all volquarsten parts with a lot of custom smith work on it. If you are set on a 10/22 it can be done but not cheap lol. Start looking at Kidd and volquarsten parts and go from there

Or get a bolt action, I've heard some of the CZs do well in some of the classes
Old 06-02-2014, 05:23 AM   #646
Toyoman65
Toyoman65 is on a distinguished road

Army: Mp
Name: Anthony
Toyoman65's Tacoma Gallery
I have the take down version and a standard version and I'll never get rid of either they are great rifles. Love the reliability and parts for theses rifles.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #647
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I've been eying a CZ .22 for myself, but I'll ask her. Her current mission is to find a club that shoots regularly and get more proficient at the competition styles of shooting.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #648
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could shoot mine more, but I can't get ahold of any ammo It almost makes me want to sell it to fund my first deer gun. I got it to target practice, develop good shooting habits, but I can't do that if I don't have any ammo.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #649
Jeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeyr
Jeyr's Tacoma Gallery
I have 4 of the lil suckers. One from each of my Grandfather's who have passed away and a pair of takedown's one set up w a nice lil nikon scope and the other w a folding stock and a AAC adapter for a can..... GREAT lil rifles.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #650
coastemac is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Gunner's Mate First Class (E-6) Weapons Instructor/Armorer
Name: Mac
coastemac's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine, the end result will have a threaded barrel + a can on it. I wanted a small, three piece SHTF "bug out" type of survival rifle. Just received the Vortex Sparc II for this, but have yet to take her to the range.
I'm a HUGE Vortex supporter btw.
Attached Thumbnails
Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread-takedownsparcii.jpg   Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread-takedownsparcii-2.jpg   Ruger 10/22 Modders/Owners Thread-takedownsparcii-3.jpg  
Old 06-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #651
Jeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeyr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jeyr's Tacoma Gallery

10/22 Take Down w a folding Stock, and the BX25 round magazine, an INERT AAC demo can for now and a Trijicon reflex.... One of these days I will add a good solid AAC can to this package but it's and AWESOME lil plinker/truck gun....
Old 06-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #652
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Are you just looking for a factory synthetic stock

Yes! I found one on ebay for $30 shipped thats new but figured if i can help someone on here out i will.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #653
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeyr View Post

10/22 Take Down w a folding Stock, and the BX25 round magazine, an INERT AAC demo can for now and a Trijicon reflex.... One of these days I will add a good solid AAC can to this package but it's and AWESOME lil plinker/truck gun....
Nice takedown
Old 06-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #654
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Confused....
Old 06-03-2014, 11:35 PM   #655

Jeyr's Tacoma Gallery
Confused about what?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #656
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Do you plan on shooting a bunch with the suppressor?
Old 06-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #657

Jeyr's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, but I am not going to het a dedicated .22 can rather a .223 can won't be as quiet but will do double duty
Old 06-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #658
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Confused about what?

Why a folder on a take-down? If your looking for small and compact, why hang 14 inches of useless crap off the end? Not trying to slam you, just don't really understand the direction you're heading with this build.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #659

Jeyr's Tacoma Gallery
I like the ergos on the folder better than the factory stock, and the side folder makes it even easier to carry in my pack assembled and ready for bunnies. As for the can since its legal here to hunt surpressed it makes bunny slaying a lot easier. Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #660

Jeyr's Tacoma Gallery
For now at least this is a decent set up. At some point I will pick up a Ruger Charger thread the barrel and put everything but the stock on the pistol version, making it nice and tiny. And avoiding having to SBR a 10/22. But that will be down the road a bit.

Products Discussed in this Thread