LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

3 Gun/Multigun/Competition Shooters

Old 08-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
3 Gun/Multigun/Competition Shooters

Hey fellow TDubbers,

Just wanted to find out what kind of Competitive Shooters were out there. I've competed in a few localized shoots but no USPSA, IPSC, etc. However, I do want to step up my game and give these National circuits a try. Looking for some advice, tips, whatever anyone has to offer. Share your experiences!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Me too, I only know of two clubs in my area that host shoots like those once a month. But to be able to practice at these clubs = a membership and $$$$$.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Resident Redneck

Jerry Miculek says BUMP for more shooters
Old 08-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Resident Redneck

Ive watched those shoots before and was curious what caliber those guys shoot?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyDeltaTango View Post
Ive watched those shoots before and was curious what caliber those guys shoot?
Cowboy action? It varies, I chamber everything in .44 magnum, a lot of people shoot .45 long colt, some shoot .38 as far as pistols go. Same goes for rifles .44 magnum or .45 long colt and some shoot 45-70 in rifle rounds. Also shoot a 12 guage shotgun either side by side coach or a model 1870 pump shotgun.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
Rookie
txtrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
txtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I did my first sporting clay shoot about 2 months ago. I'm looking forward to doing more once I get a new shotgun. I competed with a pump and that is no bueno. Fine for hunting, poor for competition.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
Cowboy action? It varies, I chamber everything in .44 magnum, a lot of people shoot .45 long colt, some shoot .38 as far as pistols go. Same goes for rifles .44 magnum or .45 long colt and some shoot 45-70 in rifle rounds. Also shoot a 12 guage shotgun either side by side coach or a model 1870 pump shotgun.
Is there a power minimum regulation?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyDeltaTango View Post
Is there a power minimum regulation?

There is a minimum and a maximum, no less than 600 fps and no more than 1100 fps. They have the minimum in place so you cannot fire too weak of a load which means less recoil and the ability to get back onto your target quicker and a maximum to ensure that the round is less likely to ricochet/bounce back at you from the iron targets.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I'm the 9th ranked high school shooter in Hawaii...1st JROTC cadet in the state and something like 15th on the western region for The CMP.
For 3position air rifle comp, that is

Always wanted to enter a high powered comp though. BUT. There is absofuckinglutely no .223 ammo on the entire island.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
That sucks man, but I'm not surprised. Are you not able to order online?
Nope, can't have it shipped to Hawaii
Old 08-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #17
Resident Redneck

On wednesday nights at my local handgun range, we usually do either a 5pin bowling pin shoot or make a mini-course like this one. We are pretty limited because it's an indoor range but the shoot is still pretty fun.

This is how the course works, shooter must shoot at each white paper target one time before moving on to the bowling pins. Time starts on the buzzer and ends when the last pin hits the ground. A one second penalty is assessed for each missed paper and there is no penalty for missing pins. For reference, the three vertical targets are at 15yards. The two horizontal targets are placed at 14yards. and the pins are at 11yards
Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
Resident Redneck

its alot of fun, We have to start turning people away after 50 shooters sign up
Old 08-15-2011, 02:30 AM   #20
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I did USPSA (L10) in Colorado and Idaho. It's a good time, good practice, and can get pretty intense. I'd like to get back into it but will need to get set up for re-loading.... can't afford to shoot factory ammo when you're shooting 200 to 300 rounds a week.
(Matches typically burn less than 150 rounds, if I remember right- the rest are practice.)