Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

new concealed weapon?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
new concealed weapon?

ok so ive had a concealed weapons permit for the past 7 years and i think its time to get a new weapon, any opinions? no slingshots please
Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
My preference is the Glock 33 with Golden Sabre Hollow Points. .357 sig and 3.5 inch barrell.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
ok so ive had a concealed weapons permit for the past 7 years and i think its time to get a new weapon, any opinions? no slingshots please
Go James Bond style. Walther PPK. Good quality, too.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I say, get what fits you, is comfortable, and you can hit well with.
I have two CC weapons. One for my "Winter carry" (Sig p220), and one for "Summer carry" (glock 26).
Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
thinking more along the lines of dirty harry
Old 10-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Just got this(left hand pic) but so far the jury is out it's a kel-tec pf-9 9mm the is a BUG(back up gun)

what i carry 98% of the time is a glock 23 .40cal (center) < love that gun very reliable/accurate
the other (s) in the photo are a Model M&P 360 Revolver - Chiefs Special (far right)
and a Walther .22cal
Attached Thumbnails
new concealed weapon?-untitled.jpg   new concealed weapon?-mod9.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post
Walther .22cal
How's that one shoot? Good gun?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
How's that one shoot? Good gun?
ehh not bad for a rim fire semi automatic pistol and its a great,cheap,fun way to train
Old 10-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #11
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Kahr P9 Covert or the Kahr P40. I carried that when I delivered pizza for an un-named popular pizza joint... Us drivers used to get robbed a lot (not me - hehehe)

I carried the Sig Sauer P229 when I was in Iraq.... Loved it!!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:37 AM   #12
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Taurus PT145 Mil. Compact .45 Feels good, low recoil and fits nicely in my conceal carry! I shoot about 100 rounds every 6 weeks or so at the range and has not failed me yet.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #14
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I had heard the same thing but I must say I have not had a single jam on this one so far and I have shot about 1000 rounds through it.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #15
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmm really? I argued to my friends that a gun will jam if it isn't clean (like USMC clean) but they showed me when we went to the range with the Kahr .45 compact. I was rather suprised. I think the Taurus has a larger frame than the Kahr.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #16

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
It is a bit larger I would say frame wise. I am meticulous about keeping it clean as well. Swabbing at the range before I leave and then a full clean that day when I get home. There have been a few times I have slacked on the cleaning but I try to keep it in tip top shape. The Taurus is almost a replica of the S&W compact but squared off across the top of the barrel and has active safety. For the money it was a better choice I thought.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #17
"Mark It Zero"

Here is my listing: Taurus .45, Kimber .45, a S&W .45 Magnum, an AR-15, a Mossberg 500, and a Kahr P9 Covert....

In Iraq, I carried a shortie M4 Carbine (reg M4 that we "unofficially" modified with Bushmaster 10'' Upper Receiver and bolt), a MP5, and a Sig 9mm.

I was a Marine before - but I went to Iraq as a civilian... Everyone always asked me - "Why do you clean your weapon so often?"

To which my reply was: "I was a Marine - a clean weapon is a weapon that fires when I need it to... that and I am bored".
Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #20
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
have you fired that yet