LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

First Bow Kill!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
First Bow Kill!!!

I went hunting last week in South Texas. This is my 3rd year for bow hunting and I have been getting anxious to take something with it.
It got too dark to legally hunt and too dark to see so I got down from my stand. I took about 20 steeps and herd someting to my right towards my feeder. I learned real quick it was pigs. I could see them under my feeder and was trying to deceide to shoot from the ground or get back into my tripod. I got back up in my tripod and could only see a large group of pigs in a big clump. It was too dark and they were to close together to pick out just 1 so I aimed for the middle and let an arrow go and they all ran off. I waited about 10 minuites and went to go look. I found my arrow right away covered in blood. I looked for another 30 min but found no other trace. I knew it would be cold enough to come back in the morning. The next morning I found the pig about 30-40 yards from my feeder.
I am thinking she is about 80-100 pounds.
Attached Thumbnails
First Bow Kill!!!-dscn3645.jpg   First Bow Kill!!!-dscn3654.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Awsome! congrats man!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the kill! Bowhunting is a rush, nothing else like it.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man congrats.....

BACON!!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
that is one happy pig
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #6
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
that is one happy pig
Haha he does look happy!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #8
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats - get some more!!

On a side note - I have some family down there and they want me to go with them when they run the dogs and Knife one!! At first I was like how hard is that if the dogs have them cornered ya know, then they showed me the 350lb mean looking monster on the wall that had huge tusks and told me war stories of guys getting mauled in the groin..I'll stick to bows and guns.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:37 AM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
sweet kill man nice story too
Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Congrats on the kill. But I have to say that I don't agree with your decision making on taking the shot. You should have more respect for the animal than to take a "shot in the dark" you could have wounded the pig and she could have suffered for days/weeks. I was lucky enough to draw my bow on a deer for the first time just this past weekend and didn't take the shot b/c of lighting conditions.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #12
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! What a pic of the hog w/ his guts hanging out.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man!!!! good shootin!!!! i got my first bow kill last year myself.....a good doe. congrats man!!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #15
sr5boy is on a distinguished road

sr5boy's Tacoma Gallery
congradulations, i just got my first bow kill last week, it was a spike though, im ready to get me a hog with my bow 2, we got plenty of hogs down here in florida.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #16
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the hog. Bad call on taking a blind shot though. I'm glad you found the hod in the morning. The hogs in my area seem to have more Russian boar traits.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #18
bhtyler10 is on a distinguished road

bhtyler10's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. Someones got some good pork for the freezer, and it taste better since you killed it with a bow. lol