Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Whats in your hunting pack?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Whats in your hunting pack?

Thought I would add this to see what everyone else take along with them.
Here what I carry....
Pac is a Camel Back, military issue, since most caes on the ground no need for high tec cammo.
GPS with topo and waypoints marked, latex gloves, TP, paper towels, two MRE's and a fire starter. Flashlight (2), two pocket knives, Knives of Alaska set, (cup bear, cleaver, skinner, muskrat), sharpner, pencil, scent killer, Steiner Binoculars (military/marine style), small first aid kit. A few small plastic bags, like walmart, target bags. Hand warmers, extra socks,10' duct tape, and rope, well use to carry robe, but my wife got this exercise thing-ie, when she had breat cancer, has a pully system ??? We talked about this before in another post. I carry it, has two handles, and soooooo easy to drag deer with it.
I know some of you all might think "over-kill" but if my butt gets stuck out their for a couple days I'm covered. Plus out west, I pack more. No need to be cold, hungry, or in some sort of pain.....plus not as heavy as you think
Old 10-29-2008, 05:43 AM   #3
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
wow you are prepared!!!! sounds like a good pack... i like the tp! haha
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Knives of Alaska set
How do you like them??
Gotta be pretty decent quality eh....

Quote:
I know some of you all might think "over-kill" but if my butt gets stuck out their for a couple days I'm covered
Nope not at all, not in the least

Quote:
Plus out west, I pack more. No need to be cold, hungry, or in some sort of pain.....plus not as heavy as you think
I hear ya -- be prepared
Old 10-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Good post! I'm taking note for my pack. Are/were you military?

I will add:

Switch that duck tape out for Gorilla tape. You'll be amazed!!!
Water filtration system or iodine tabs.
Extra Batteries
and most important, a camera or camcorder (for the big kill)

Could you link me to that "pulley system"?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Well, when I hunt its not far from the truck or the highway so I dont need near as much as you've got going on but here is what I keep in my pack.
-camo back pack includes:
-remington knife, with gut hook and serrated blade
-small maglight
-hand warmers
-gloves, face mask
-tinks 69
-pepermints
-water
-probably some jerky!
other random crap that I cant think of right now....
Old 10-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
In all seriousness, I take:

Camera
GPS
Firestarters
Knives
Water
TP
MP3
Binoculars
Propane Heater
550 cord
and the most important..........Beef Jerky
Old 10-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I always put a bag of Fritos in. If you've lit a Frito on fire you'd understand why.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #10
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i always put a bag of fritos in. If you've lit a frito on fire you'd understand why.
grease fire!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #11
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_mudflaps View Post
grease fire!!!!
yup. damn things burn when they're wet.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #12
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Like the frito's idea.......the Knives of Alaska in my opinion are great, the clever with one smack will split an Elk pelvis, the gut hook is of course a no brainer, plus it heavy enough to go close to center of ribcage, the cub bear is good for close contact and the muskrat with it round tip, well nothing gets by it if you know what I mean. Plus it has it's own steel, I tied a leather through the eyelets and made a strap, so no need to lay down, just let it go. Thumbs up in my book, I field test everyone NO complaints.
As for a camera, heck I camo'ed a flashlight one year, and dropped it, to this day still can't find it. Not to mention the camera I dropped while 4 wheeling. I would have to tie it around my neck.........
Old 11-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
-cover scent
-estrus or reg. doe pee depending on time of year
-two knives
-flashlight (surefire G2)
-small LED keychain light
-Steiner Predator 8x10's (worth every penny)
-Garmin Legend
-Primos grunt call
-paper towels, or TP
-small package of GoJo wipes
-lighter
-extra snuff
-fold up hex key set for my bow
-(2) 25' ropes with latches
-rattle bag (if in the rut)
-couple bandaids, one large gauze pad
-last bit of electrical tape roll
-pen & paper
-few zip ties
-hunting permision slips
-some kind of snacks, meal bar
lastly...i think -my camera
oh yeah...extra pair of gloves. i always seem to get mine wet somehow.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #14
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Jack d. Or jim b.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
not so much in a pack, but here's what i usually carry with me:

a couple of knives, 2 small flashlights and my gerber bloodlight
tinks #69 and some wicks
toilet paper
bag of candy...usually skittles,m&m's or resees cups
2 bottles of gatorade
a small limb saw
extra pair of socks
grunt call and bleat can
long length of rope(1/4inch usually)
a lighter
my cell phone
hand and feet warmers
extra rounds for whatever gun im using
scent killer and deodorant

im sure there are a few more things too.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #16
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
When Im deer hunting I like to take
rope
ammo
knifes
flashlight
food/drinks
mp3/books/mags
calls
scents
cell phone
gps
and some other misc stuff

but when I duck hunt its usally pretty light
decoys
calls
shells
lighter
coffee
food
cell phone
just the most haves lol
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #17
bhtyler10 is on a distinguished road

bhtyler10's Tacoma Gallery
deer

-buck skinning knife with guthook and saw-bushnell range finder-primos blood hunter (works great)-primos bow sling-knife shapener-bottle of code blue and a drag maker-flashlight and cap light-dead down wind scent killer-backup realease-gloves, beanie, facemask handwarmers etc. -grunt call and rattle bag -water-

Then for ducks
-calls -shells - decoys -food/drinks -cell phone -OFF! -gun and dog