Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Treestand Advice

Old 11-04-2008, 05:36 AM   #21
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Safety harness makes the naps even better......spend the money Will and get one of those Hunters Safety System vests. Thats what I'd like to have...........I always say, never see any deer waking up from a nap at home.......
I just started using one this season. I got the one thats reversible between camo n orange. I'll never wear a damn harness like the ones that come with a stand again. You can't even tell you have this one on. It just feels like another shirt
Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #22
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
I just started using one this season. I got the one thats reversible between camo n orange. I'll never wear a damn harness like the ones that come with a stand again. You can't even tell you have this one on. It just feels like another shirt
heard the same comment from other hunters........gotta get one before next year......
Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #23
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
OP...

if you havn't bought one yet, look at some of 'Ol Man Treestands products. i have a grand multivision and am very pleased with it. you can cahnge the rail on it from a shooting rail to a footrest and they also give you just a flat rail. in fact, i think you can even use it open ended. i got the big man edition (grand) i think it's 350lbs rated and is 3 inches wider than the standard version. (i'm 6'3" and 250) very comfy. the upper arms curve out to give more room when seated. the most unsafe thing about it is that i keep wanting to take a nap in it. very, very quiet climbing and when in position. (i've never heard a squeek) super stable once you get mounted. you can also sit facing the tree or away from it. i've used the tree facing option in places where there was little cover and just used the trunk of the tree to conceal myself. i was skeptical of the "seat" at first as it is just a netting material slung around the main bars, but found it to be more accomodating that other stands i've been in.

now for the bad news...this puppy is kinda heavy. if you are tromping more than 1/4 mile to your stand site it gets heavy. on the plus side...there is an aluminum version availible now that should be substantially less weight. it's capacity is a little lower, but should do fine for you & your gear. 250lbs. everyone that i haev ever let use it is very impressed and likes it better than whatever stand they currently have.

here's a link: http://www.olmanoutdoors.com/aluminum_multivision.htm

whatever you end up with...be safe, and be ethical. lots of "bad" hunters out there give the rest of us a crummy reputation. most of all--have fun!! that's what it's about afterall.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #24
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
This is how we hunt deer haha!!! In archery i use a loggy bayou climber!
Attached Thumbnails
Treestand Advice-dsc00502-1-.jpg  
Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #25
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
This is how we hunt deer haha!!! In archery i use a loggy bayou climber!

I want, no need one of those. Do the windows slide? I've looked at the loggy bayou, it's nice as well.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #26
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
i want, no need one of those. Do the windows slide? I've looked at the loggy bayou, it's nice as well.

Thanks
yeah they slide! It is insulated with two propane heater we keep it about 70 degrees n the winter it is mainly for my dad....
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #27
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Well Im bout to go jump bak in the climber, just came home to change into some camo. Wish me luck - that I see the monster, and that I don't fall out lol
Old 11-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #28

Good luck!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Well Im bout to go jump bak in the climber, just came home to change into some camo. Wish me luck - that I see the monster, and that I don't fall out lol
good luck man...hope you see something!!! i havent seen anything last week or this week so far either!!! its starting to piss me off too. i hope that the deer havent gone nocturnal..........when they do that......its next to impossible to harvest one, since only a handful of stragglers will move during the day!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #30

Lots and lots of estrus this time of year!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #31
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Lots and lots of estrus this time of year!!!!!
oh yeah.....you can even smell it pretty heavy down close to the swamp and up thru the woods...........but no deer are moving now for some reason!!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #32
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a few does, jumped like 3 or 4 walking in Deer seem to be moving early the past 2 days.

I never have a problem seeing does... but those bucks are elusive little creatures haha
Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
oh yeah.....you can even smell it pretty heavy down close to the swamp and up thru the woods...........but no deer are moving now for some reason!!
Grunt, bleat, rattle?????
Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Grunt, bleat, rattle?????
been grunting and bleating........rattled a couple of times too......but its really not cold enough the past few mornings to rattle. tomorrow morning may be a different story though......supposed to cool down tonight!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #35

I grunted a little 4 point in sat. but that was it good luck with it tho!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #36
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rattled in a 140 class this morning. Don't want to hijack this thread, I will try to find an appropriate thread.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #37

Quote:
Rattled in a 140 class this morning. Don't want to hijack this thread, I will try to find an appropriate thread.
tell me the sequence you use when rattling....if you dont mind dude!!!! sequence like rattling and grunting and all the steps!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #38

Quote:
DID YOU GET HIM!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
tell me the sequence you use when rattling....if you dont mind dude!!!! sequence like rattling and grunting and all the steps!!
Let me just start a rattling thread, love to rattle and had some luck through the years. Just like hunting, patience.