Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

House May Widen Gun Permit Range

Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery

Full story: MyFoxPhilly
US lawmakers are considering a House bill that would give Americans who hold permits to carry firearms in their home states the right to carry their weapons across state lines, FOX News Channel reported Tuesday.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
That would be awesome
Old 09-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Does that mean your home state's laws for carrying etc would supercede the state you are travelling in ?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Does that mean your home state's laws for carrying etc would supercede the state you are travelling in ?
Highly unlikely. It should be just like Driver's licenses where the rules of that state are enforced.

EDIT: As per the actual idea, it sounds great because it creates a level of consistency - but - I'm always concerned about the Federal Government mashing their fat fingers into everyone's cake... The argument that 'the guy whose gun permit was revoked but went on to use his Florida permit and shot a teenager 13 times in the street' is pathetic; if the guy wanted that kid dead, only someone with their head up their own ass would think a law would have stopped him. After all, criminals commit crimes, aka breaking laws - a petty gun law won't stop a person from committing a major crime, like say Murder.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #6
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
State gov. down here told city's to do away with there law's on carrying BY CWP HOLDERS. State ONLY can tell CWP holder's what they can and can't do. Thank's Tally............. Jim
Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
Highly unlikely. It should be just like Driver's licenses where the rules of that state are enforced.

EDIT: As per the actual idea, it sounds great because it creates a level of consistency - but - I'm always concerned about the Federal Government mashing their fat fingers into everyone's cake... The argument that 'the guy whose gun permit was revoked but went on to use his Florida permit and shot a teenager 13 times in the street' is pathetic; if the guy wanted that kid dead, only someone with their head up their own ass would think a law would have stopped him. After all, criminals commit crimes, aka breaking laws - a petty gun law won't stop a person from committing a major crime, like say Murder.

i agree...how ever i do believe the SOTUS will force states to allow OC eventually regardless if they want to or not...
Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
There really ought to be one set of requirements for CCPs. My PA CCP is not honored by any neighboring states, of course, there was practically no requirements to obtain it. Fill out a form, have picture taken, pay $25 to the Sheriff.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
i agree...how ever i do believe the SOTUS will force states to allow OC eventually regardless if they want to or not...
How so? A SOTUS is just a speech, one that has influence sure, but enforceability no.

EDIT: BY SOTUS (State of the Union Speech), you likely meant SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
jomo has a spectacular aura aboutjomo has a spectacular aura about

Name: john
jomo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be surprised if it passed. Our CCW Instructor (retired Sheriff) explained to us that most States with CCWs would honor it in a "gentleman's law" kind of way. That could leave a lot variance as far as the LEO in charge goes. It should be passed IMO, if I'm traveling and hit a certain state line, am I supposed to unload, store the ammo, magazine and gun in different locations until I'm back in a state that honors my permit? I don't think so.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
How so? A SOTUS is just a speech, one that has influence sure, but enforceability no.

EDIT: BY SOTUS (State of the Union Speech), you likely meant SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States)

yes sorry...my keyboard on my laptop is on the way out sometimes the c key doesnt work