Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hunting

Old 06-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #41
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Out of my handguns, Colt 1991A1, Beretta 9mm cougar, Llama 45 and my HK USP 40, the Hk by far the best one. My opinion.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #42
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the slide was a monster and the trigger was crap. Plus for that price i could have picked up a nice SIG 229R/226R + a load of 9x19mm or two Italian Beretta 92FS's.

JMHO,

Ted
Old 06-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #43
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
I thought the slide was a monster and the trigger was crap. Plus for that price i could have picked up a nice SIG 229R/226R + a load of 9x19mm or two Italian Beretta 92FS's.

JMHO,

Ted
I use to own a Beretta 92FS. Way overrated and overpriced for what it was. It was smooth as silk and well made, but the 9mm round was too weak and it is not even close to as accurate as my Glock, even though it had a longer barrel. It is one of the most attractive guns ever made though. My Glock has never mis-fired, or jammed and will shoot anything i put in it. I shoot home loaded rounds through it all the time. And the kicker.... its about $100 or more less than the Beretta. In my opinion Glock is the way to go. Although i also like the new Walther's, i have just never shot one.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #44
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
the grip angle on the glocks throws me for a loop. Otherwise id own one. As far as the Beretta 92's, the Italian made ones are smooth as silk. they are a BIG improvement in fit and finish on the other ones.

However, I cant see how you would think that semi auto that can be found quite frequently for $450-500 is overpriced

As far as 9mm being underpowered, my philosophy is that its about shot placement rather than the size of the round.

All of the 92's ive shot were much more accurate than the shooter.

Ted
Old 06-20-2007, 04:53 AM   #45
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the grip angle on the glocks throws me for a loop. Otherwise id own one. As far as the Beretta 92's, the Italian made ones are smooth as silk. they are a BIG improvement in fit and finish on the other ones.

However, I cant see how you would think that semi auto that can be found quite frequently for $450-500 is overpriced

As far as 9mm being underpowered, my philosophy is that its about shot placement rather than the size of the round.

All of the 92's ive shot were much more accurate than the shooter.

Ted
I had an Italian made Berretta. And i'll admit it was mooth. I bought mine about 6 years ago, and i don't know if they came down in price or not but when i got mine it was $650, which in my opinion was too high for what the gun was.

Placement is definately key, but if i hit someone in their core, i want them to go down right away. I've heard too many stories (guns and ammo, varies articles online etc...) about 9mm's not stoping people when they need to. As far as being accurate, i'm not an expert marksman, but i'm a little above average and i usually hit what im aiming at. I am much more dead on with the Glock. I guess alot of it just boils down to personal preference.

I do aggree about the awkward grip on the Glock. It's not an attractive gun or the most ergonomically designed, but it gets the job done better than any other gun i've shot. They took American law enforcement by storm after only 10 years of production.... they must being doing something right
Old 06-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #46
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vctitty View Post
yea i have trouble sleeping and still have trouble functioning in everyday life so as well. i have be diagnosed with severe ptsd
we're here and you're stuck with us lol kind of a wacky family TW member.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #47
RubberSoul is on a distinguished road

RubberSoul's Tacoma Gallery
Typical bleeding heart Canadian you are.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:05 AM   #48

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
does anyone know what the hell this is suppose to mean or who it is referenced to?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #49
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
does anyone know what the hell this is suppose to mean or who it is referenced to?

im wondering the same thing myself,man!!! what the hell????
Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #50
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

huh?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #51
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post

so who are you referring to and what the hell are you talking about???
Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #52

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe he saw CA on someones "location" and mistook it for Canada instead of California. If so then he should be banned for pure stupidity
Old 06-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Maybe he saw CA on someones "location" and mistook it for Canada instead of California. If so then he should be banned for pure stupidity
!!!!! no doubt!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #54

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
HEY...we're not all long haired, tree hugging idiots out here.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #55
it's all about me

Zonks they still have those people?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #56

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah. Ive got proof...

Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #57

Quote:
Oh yeah. Ive got proof...

sweet! i dont mind those kind of tree huggers!! she's hot!(from what i can tell!)
Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #58
it's all about me

Good one very cool i really did not expected that lmao
Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #59
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sweet! i dont mind those kind of tree huggers!! she's hot!(from what i can tell!)
Yeah, I think the world needs more treehuggers like this.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #60
it's all about me

be careful you might end up with splinters (dang those things )