Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Favorite weapon to fire? "Coolest" thing you've ever fired?

Old 09-30-2011, 05:10 AM   #21
Tulot Tech is on a distinguished road

Army: 1999-2002 Dco 2/504th PIR 82nd ABN
Name: Justin
Tulot Tech's Tacoma Gallery
I always enjoyed firing the TOW missile. BUT...here comes my story :-)

One day at Ft. Bragg we where at a firing range, quailfiying or just shooting, I can't recall...but the SF 18B's were there shooting ALL KINDS OF GUNS! I'm talking just about anything you can think of...they were practicing breaking them down, reassembling, firing, over and over again. They had pallets of ammo. After a couple of hours, they come over to our company commander and request some support for "expending their ammo supply". Needless to say....we where more than glad to help! My damn thumbs were bleeding that day from reloading mags. I've got some pics of that day somewhere.

Random 82nd pics...

me in the gun

My DD214 wall in my office :-)

My exit pic given to me...
Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #22
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulot Tech View Post
I always enjoyed firing the TOW missile. BUT...here comes my story :-)

One day at Ft. Bragg we where at a firing range, quailfiying or just shooting, I can't recall...but the SF 18B's were there shooting ALL KINDS OF GUNS! I'm talking just about anything you can think of...they were practicing breaking them down, reassembling, firing, over and over again. They had pallets of ammo. After a couple of hours, they come over to our company commander and request some support for "expending their ammo supply". Needless to say....we where more than glad to help! My damn thumbs were bleeding that day from reloading mags. I've got some pics of that day somewhere.

Random 82nd pics...

me in the gun

My DD214 wall in my office :-)

Nice! What unit/brigade were you in?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #23
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

^^^ MK19 =]

Last time my detachment qual'ed we had a similar situation. The ammo depot was closed so we couldn't turn in unused ammo... 1500 rounds, 10 soldiers
Old 09-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #24
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I know it sounds pretty tame but my favorite weapon and the one I probably shoot the most is my Ruger Mark III. I have several extra 10 round magazines for it and can afford to spend a lot of time plinking when the ammo only costs 5 cents a shot.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #25
TpƐwom
mhuff29 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1LT Battalion S2 SIGINT Officer
Name: Matt
mhuff29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post

But the coolest thing I have ever shot is the M198 Howitzer, and one of the coolest things I have had the chance of repairing as well.

These ain't my pics but, an M198 is an M198, music to my ears! and oooh the smell of those powder charges going off, the dust coming off the ground around the gun when it goes off!

Primed, white on WHITE,

STAND BY...FIRE!!!

you pull the lanyard, and feel like a fucking badass.

goddd the memories!
Also the coolest weapon I have fired as well!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i've fired alot.

honestly the coolest thing i have ever fired was a hopped up SILENCED 10/22. the entire barrel is thick, and it is the silencer. not a screw on job on the tip. it is hyper accurate and absolutely silent. it was so much fun.

using it hunting would be insanely easy (and illegal as a mother effer). you pull the trigger and you hear it click, and and the slide move. that is it.

my brother uses it to snipe out city street lights when they surround a building at night.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #27
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
I would have to say Mk19... just something about shooting grenades at a cyclic rate of fire lol
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #28
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite thing to shoot has got to be my 10/22, 25 round mags as fast as you can pull the trigger without worrying about how much its gonna cost you

the coolest i have ever shot has got to by a friends .250 ackley improved (i love odd cartridges).

still want to shoot his 257 Remington magnum levermatic

and if i ever get to shoot it, the coolest i have see is a .50 cal battleship
its a custom-made cartridge, from what i could tell, cross a .50 bmg and S&W 500
has a a couple pounds of lead in the butt of the stock
Old 09-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVY View Post
Nice! What unit/brigade were you in?
I was in Delta Company, 2/504th PIR as an 11H. 1999-2002. I did my 4 years at ran back to college with my GI BILL/College Fund!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #30
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery

Rocked one of these for 8 yrs...
Old 09-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
My favorite thing to shoot has got to be my 10/22, 25 round mags as fast as you can pull the trigger without worrying about how much its gonna cost you

the coolest i have ever shot has got to by a friends .250 ackley improved (i love odd cartridges).

still want to shoot his 257 Remington magnum levermatic

and if i ever get to shoot it, the coolest i have see is a .50 cal battleship
its a custom-made cartridge, from what i could tell, cross a .50 bmg and S&W 500
has a a couple pounds of lead in the butt of the stock
HA! I love shooting .22LR. I have a pretty sweet MagPul S&W 15-22 that I applied some Krylon to . It's fun to go plink ALL DAY for $25 bucks.

Here is some of my other toys...

Glock 36 Slim Line

My "keep in the taco and carry around" BodyGuard 380
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuff29 View Post
Also the coolest weapon I have fired as well!

YEP! Nothing like seeing 6 of these bad boys in line during a fire mission. It sounds chaotic hearing all the guys screaming orders, all six guns raising the muzzle at the same time, opening the breech, ramming the round in, followed by the charge, FUCKIN MANHANDLING the breech back, wait...

the sweeeeet music of all six guns going off!!!

*sighs with dreamy look remembering the good ol' days*

haha I fractured my leg carrying one of those 90+lb rounds on my shoulder. Out in Pendleton, it was midnight, carrying rounds to another gun down the line. Grass was waist high, holes in the ground hidden by the grass, my foot slipped on the slope of the hole away to my right, tried to balance myself, round rolls off my shoulder, 90 plus lbs straight down to the side of my calf!

Ahhh sweet times uh?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #33
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Best part about being in the hospital is having all the girls on base in 1 place. SF dood came over and offered a "range day" and invited anyone that wanted to show up. First group out was nothing but a sausage fest, had a bunch of female nurses in the afternoon group.

However, I digress....

Funnest to shoot was the Barrett 50cal. For some reason one of our guys comepletely missed the backstop.

Wierdest/coolest was the HEAVILY up-armored diesel quad cab F350 sporting a bed turret double barreled Dushka anti-aircraft weapon brought by one of the private security companys. FUN TIMES!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #34
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was in Delta Company, 2/504th PIR as an 11H. 1999-2002. I did my 4 years at ran back to college with my GI BILL/College Fund!
Right on, man. 19D with 1/73 CAV in 2nd BDE right now.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVY View Post
Right on, man. 19D with 1/73 CAV in 2nd BDE right now.
Sweetness. God's Speed man. Stay safe out there. Being there will pay you back some day...I promise
Old 10-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #36
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I got to pull the lanyard on a 105mm howitzer when I was in the Primary Reserves in an artillery unit .
You were with "5 Tribe" (5th Fd Regt RCA)? How long were you in for?

Frank
Old 10-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #37
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Comparatively pretty lame, but I've shot a few odds n ends:

$20,000 Winchester 21 SxS shotgun
Select fire MP5
Barrett 82? Whatever the "short" 50BMG semi-auto is.

All fun and interesting. On a regular basis, the funnest is probably my Browning staple gun. It is SO COOL how quiet 22 LR guns are when you suppress them.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #39

GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweetness. God's Speed man. Stay safe out there. Being there will pay you back some day...I promise
Will do. It's just a giant good ol' boys club here. It's already paid off immensely.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #40
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think my favorite is my .44 mag.