Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Any Waterfowl Hunters?

Old 10-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #21
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
does this count?

anyways, hunt some with my grandfather and step dad, i like rifles better though...
Old 10-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
^hahah man i used to love that game!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #23
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
^hahah man i used to love that game!
i brought it with me to college...with the original NES, unfortunately, the zapper gun doesnt work on flatscreens....
Old 10-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #24
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
i brought it with me to college...with the original NES, unfortunately, the zapper gun doesnt work on flatscreens....
...wtf???

Old 10-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #25
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Got to love that old NES game. I still have it sitting around at home.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #26
Rafterman45 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: boom!
Rafterman45's Tacoma Gallery
Mossberg 500 w/ 28" barrel, works wonders
Old 10-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #27
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
what type of earplugs to you use when hunting duck/quail/ect?
Old 10-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #28
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfInferno View Post
what type of earplugs to you use when hunting duck/quail/ect?
None for me with ducks unless I'm shooting right next to someone. Usually we're spread out in thick standing corn with long-barreled shotguns, a stocking cap and maybe a parka hood over the ears. If I need plugs when hunting, I opt for the harder rubber type with a lanyard. That way I can put them in or take them out quickly.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #29
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
None for me with ducks unless I'm shooting right next to someone. Usually we're spread out in thick standing corn with long-barreled shotguns, a stocking cap and maybe a parka hood over the ears. If I need plugs when hunting, I opt for the harder rubber type with a lanyard. That way I can put them in or take them out quickly.
i didn't wear any when i went quail hunting for a few hunts because i only fired like once or twice and this last time i went i fired like 20-25 times and my ears were ringing after 2 hrs. so i invested in these
http://www.earplugstore.com/aosinranplug.html
they claim you can still hear the birds chirping and running around without destroying your hearing, hopefully true
Old 12-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #30
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
I love some good duck hunting. Tops deer hunting easily. I shoot a Remington Model 1100 12 ga and pull a 15ft flat bottom with 25hp Evinrude. Anyone from Mississippi hunt the Pearl River?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #31
so how is every ones season going?
Old 12-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #32
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hasnt been horrible. Havent gotten one yet this season. The dang weather changes down south is killing everyone. Yesterday me and a buddy got on a few ducks but didnt have any luck with them. How about you?
Old 12-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
Hasnt been horrible. Havent gotten one yet this season. The dang weather changes down south is killing everyone. Yesterday me and a buddy got on a few ducks but didnt have any luck with them. How about you?

cant complain about this season, we have been hunting in the same are for around 3 years and this is our first year we actually do good...we were starting to give up on the area and this spot gave us hope....just reached the 200 mark this morning

my gun has never shot so many shells in one season, im impressed
Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #34

Quote:
cant complain about this season, we have been hunting in the same are for around 3 years and this is our first year we actually do good...we were starting to give up on the area and this spot gave us hope....just reached the 200 mark this morning

my gun has never shot so many shells in one season, im impressed
Nice man! What kind of gun are you shooting and what are you hunting? Woodies, Mallards, teal, ect?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #35
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Terribly. We have an electronic draw system for the 2 areas I visit, and I haven't drawn once. The 2 times I've been were bright, sunny days early in the season. Best hunting was 2 weeks ago - the ducks are mostly gone now. This season has been a couple weeks longer than last though. Freeze-up was early December last year and the waters are still open this year, 2 weeks later.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
Nice man! What kind of gun are you shooting and what are you hunting? Woodies, Mallards, teal, ect?
me and my dad both shoot browning BPS w/3.5" chambers and my brother shoots a browing silver w/ 3.5" chamber

we hunt what ever flys by lol, so far on the season we have killed a variety of birds....pintail, mallards, teal, speckled belly geese, gray ducks, widgeon, redheads and we even bagged a Cinnamon teal this morning!

very rare bird in this area...almost never see one down this far, very surprised when i picked it up off the water

we have woodies around but we can never get them close enough to shoot

we also killed many spoonies this year....
Old 12-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Terribly. We have an electronic draw system for the 2 areas I visit, and I haven't drawn once. The 2 times I've been were bright, sunny days early in the season. Best hunting was 2 weeks ago - the ducks are mostly gone now. This season has been a couple weeks longer than last though. Freeze-up was early December last year and the waters are still open this year, 2 weeks later.
sorry to hear that

i find that when we hunt the day before the cold fronts and the actual cold front as its moving through the area....we do amazing, the birds love to fly in nasty weather around here.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #38

Quote:
sorry to hear that

i find that when we hunt the day before the cold fronts and the actual cold front as its moving through the area....we do amazing, the birds love to fly in nasty weather around here.
Yep, agreed. They come up off the reservations and on sunny days they just fly away. On the nasty days, they want to puddle jump and tend to decoy a lot better.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #39
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #40

Plan on hitting the duck hole hard this week. Set my decoys up for twitching so hopefully them ripples with do the trick.