LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Any Waterfowl Hunters?

Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #41
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Went duck hunting on Friday. We took quite a few. My dad and I killed/wounded 7 birds in 2 shots, he shot once and I shot once. It took a few more to finish off the ones that couldn't fly. It was a fun hunt.
yea that happened to me and my dad, i shot once and he shot once got 2 grays and a cinnamon teal out of the flock, amazing hunt...
Old 12-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #42
mdt1963 is on a distinguished road
mdt1963's Tacoma Gallery
h2o fowl

i hunt pa and jersey and love it we are going goose sat am field hunting did a duck hunt in nj sat lousey no birds. i have a good dog great friends i shoot browning maxus and also shoot a sbe benelli
Old 12-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #43
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
our season ended the 15th. but our goose season is still open until the 11th of jan. there are a shit ton of geese down by where i work and may be able to get my foot into the field. if so i will post pics.
iowa has had a different season than other seasons. we had 8" of snow a year ago, and now we have none. different weather pattern for sure! good luck everyone!!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #44
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #45
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^^^i agree, we had one good hunt that i was able to do that worked with my schedule. it rained alot and there really wasnt any water until late. and with three kiddos its been tuff to get out. so i bought my kids a ground blind so they can come too!
wish my boss boss would let me have a few days off this week. the good part is, we are not supposed to get any snow, and and the temps are supposed to stay the same. we have ALOT of water that is still open. so there may be a river float coming soon too!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #46
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
It's been slow for our group this season. 8 geese down between the three of us, lessers and cacklers. They just haven't been around as thick as last year. The ones we have got loved our decoy spread, so I got no clue. I dropped a cakler the other day after work, jump shooting a friend's field. I posted a picture here, but need to remember to take pictures next time we get a few.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #47
wilnbroc is a jewel in the roughwilnbroc is a jewel in the roughwilnbroc is a jewel in the rough

Name: Nathan
wilnbroc's Tacoma Gallery
West Tennessee Hunting

I mostly duck and goose hunt in and around West Tennessee. Slow year so far, but I'll pick up the hunting after Christmas. PM me if you interested to find a hunting partner.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #48
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Old 12-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #49
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful Woodie, looks to be alive?
Old 12-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #50
Old 12-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #51
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
I'll find some duck pics from this year...this was my one and only hunt on my folks land south of Houston..we normally don't shoot many down there...it's all pass shooting them while they are leaving or returning to the rice fields close to us...wind has to be just right..anyway, knocked down this speck, and as I'm standing on our fenceline, this yote comes within 30 yards of me....BlackCloud BB 3.5" just needed one shot to down him. I'm mounting the speck cuz of the story.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #52
Bastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Angel
Bastaardo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job guys. I hunt everything that runs, flies, or digs here in NJ. Gonna get some blood in the bed tomorrow hopefully. Heading out for a doe to fill the freezer in the am.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #53
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Went and bought one of those Drake MST (Mid season tech) fleece jackets in the 1/4 zip version, and I swear its got to be one of the most comfortable jackets ive ever worn. Also mounted a spotlight on the boat for the early morning river runs. The rain we are having at the moment is hopefully gonna raise the river a little bit. Hopefully those mallards will drop in and mess with the MOJO. Anyone go this morning?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #54
Old 12-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
I didn't go this morning but I'm going tomorrow and possibly the next day.
I plan on doing the same. How are the ducks flying in your area? Are they sitting down or traveling?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #56
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
We've been doing pretty good here in the second split..
Attached Thumbnails
Any Waterfowl Hunters?-44-ducks.jpg   Any Waterfowl Hunters?-194697_2751044461198_1410213449_33132161_1797061174_o.jpg   Any Waterfowl Hunters?-bellla-stump.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #57
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
alright people who know what they are talking about- ive got a question (a crazy rookie and subjective one at that)
im looking to start duck hunting here in north florida, and i want to know a roundabout estimate of cost. i have deer camo now (mostly realtree and breakup) and a place to hunt. i know i will need a shotty, decoys, and calls. im left handed and on a budget so i was thinking about a 12 gauge browning bps. now do me a favor and tell me what i am missing and how much everything should cost all together
once again, sorry if this is rookie or too much work to answer, just trying to get up and running here
Stuff I have:
$150 for waders
$50/doz for dekes and weights (only have 2 doz myself but we always hunt in groups)
$20 decoy bag
$40 stool
$40 shoulder bag

You already mentioned a gun. Dogs and boats are extras that cost a lot. I don't have either yet.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
alright people who know what they are talking about- ive got a question (a crazy rookie and subjective one at that)
im looking to start duck hunting here in north florida, and i want to know a roundabout estimate of cost. i have deer camo now (mostly realtree and breakup) and a place to hunt. i know i will need a shotty, decoys, and calls. im left handed and on a budget so i was thinking about a 12 gauge browning bps. now do me a favor and tell me what i am missing and how much everything should cost all together
once again, sorry if this is rookie or too much work to answer, just trying to get up and running here
I paid 130 for my BPS Redhead waders
50 for decoys and 35 if you can catch a good sale
Pick up a PHAT Lady Primo mallard call for 25 (Great beginner call)
Facemask $20 or facepaint $8
Turtleneck thermal -$30 or so
I see you were looking at a browning and they are somewhat pricy, but if you come across a deal on a remington, consider it. My remington Model 1100 semiauto was bought back in '68. Very reliable gun! Other than that man you should be good to go.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #59
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Wait for Cabelas to have a big sale and buy dekes or the best place online pretty much all the time is ROGERSSPORTINGGOODS.com. If you hunt alot, AMMO will be yoru most expensive cost because you must use STEEL!!!! DO NOT FORGET THAT! What kind of birds do you usually see at your spot? You can't go wrong with a dozen mallards, and right now Cabelas has a sale on FLAMBEAU dozen standards for $19.99. I'm pretty much a GHG fan(I buy them on sale), but I did buy a dozen of these Flambeaus b/c of the price and b/c I don't currently have any mallards. It all depends on your spot though. I started with the Buck Gardner double nasty call and I think it was a combo pack with the whistle which comes in handy here in texas...I think it was only like $20 which for the money I think is one of the best deals you can find for a call. I'm by no means a professional caller, but I've been with plenty of people who sound like chit, and I will say calling though helpful at the right time, probably causes more ducks to flare than come in. Those hunting shows where those guys are blowing the call nonstop, I think that's just for show..sure it may look like it works, but those guys on the X pretty much everyday b/c they scout all dam day. Calling is mainly to get those ducks to come look at your dekes...I think anything more is only going to give them more of a reason to flare. Just my opinion though...everyone has one
Old 12-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #60
Bastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Angel
Bastaardo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulcat View Post
Wait for Cabelas to have a big sale
Cabelas will have in store employee prices until 1.04.12, so if you have a store nearby, now is the time to go.