Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Any Waterfowl Hunters?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #161
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up some waders today...Pro Line Winchester series Wolf Creek in Max4 camo. Got them in the boot foot. Seem to be heavy duty..Nice boots and neoprene...Anyone have any experience with them?

Drake jacket should be here tomorrow! Pretty excited to get it in.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #162
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a fresh case of Kent Faststeel. It's starting to feel like that time of year again
Old 09-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #163
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IMnf...yer_detailpage
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #164
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any experience with Hevishot? Is it just a gimmick or does it actually work..? I want to be able to knock down those pesky high-flying geese.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #165
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Anyone have any experience with Hevishot? Is it just a gimmick or does it actually work..? I want to be able to knock down those pesky high-flying geese.
since we dont get too many geese where i hunt i just spend the money on 2 boxes of remington hypersonic steel 3 1/2
its exspensive but i like them beter than black cloud imo
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #166
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

The hevi-shot definitely reaches out and touches em, if you can afford it. The hypersonics knock the shit out of em too. Neither shells are any fun when hungover
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #167
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I normally shoot Kent 3 1/2 BBB at the snows and specs up here, but just wanted to see
If the hype on Hevishot was true. We go through probably 2 cases per person just for all the geese up here. I don't like black cloud either, I was trying to shoot birds at 40yds with it and nothing was happening - I'm convinced black clouds are just blanks.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #168
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
The hevi-shot definitely reaches out and touches em, if you can afford it. The hypersonics knock the shit out of em too. Neither shells are any fun when hungover

not too many loud noises are good for hangovers lol i usually dont ever try to sleep if im out drinking the night before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNz4oEqSvmc
Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #169
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
use that shit every once in a while it def does work to whack and stack

Quote:
x2

Quote:
I normally shoot Kent 3 1/2 BBB at the snows and specs up here, but just wanted to see
If the hype on Hevishot was true. We go through probably 2 cases per person just for all the geese up here. I don't like black cloud either, I was trying to shoot birds at 40yds with it and nothing was happening - I'm convinced black clouds are just blanks.
ya i usually shoot the 3 1/2 BBB kent also. its the best bang for the buck no pun intended. ive used black clowd twice and in my opinion def not worth all the money. i just keep to kent for any thing in 3 1/2 with a B after it and Federal 2 mags for ducks.

oh and dude up in barrow, ak where i was just deployed at.... speck mother load!!! one of the dudes that worked at the airport, his only jpb was to drive around and shoot at them from his truck

going to scout a couple more places this weekend hopefully find the honey hole
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #170
Superior Member

My dad is headed up to Kenai Pen. this weekend. His excuse is to work on our house up there, but we all know that the only thing he'll be doing is wacking ducks.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #171
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

heading out to go some places right now
Old 09-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #172
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
while i probably won't hunt waterfowl this season it looks like its going to be a banner year for those that do. the mornings i've spent scouting for moose and whitetail have allowed me to see more birds feeding in the fields than i have ever witnessed in my 34 years. best of luck this season to everybody and remember to hunt safely and ethically.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #173

lookie lookie what the wife got me as an early xmas present so i can use it as for the season opener and when i

Old 09-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #174
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
lookie lookie what the wife got me as an early xmas present so i can use it as for the season opener and when i

?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #175
Quote:

just got ours a few months ago and love it...this is one of our clips with the gopro from this teal season.
and we will have more to come...after the season is over we will make one big video, excited to see how it comes out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl5qx...ature=g-user-u
Old 09-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #176
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:

Wife just ordered me one today also, birthday isn't til the end of October but getting it early too
Old 09-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #177
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished painting up the little boat a week ago, it's a lot better than the bright white it used to be.

Any Waterfowl Hunters?-129.jpg

Duck season starts next Monday.

Pulled a dumb one last night though. Ran the recip saw right across the trigger finger. Should be good enough by then though.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #178
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastcowboy View Post
Just finished painting up the little boat a week ago, it's a lot better than the bright white it used to be.

Attachment 171674

Duck season starts next Monday.

Pulled a dumb one last night though. Ran the recip saw right across the trigger finger. Should be good enough by then though.
Love gettin shit ready to go, hard to stay sober. Beers taste almost as good as if the season was already here
Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #179
Superior Member

Got the kayak all set up. Only problem is the places I go with this I can't take the pup.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #180
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Red face

Quote:
Love gettin shit ready to go, hard to stay sober. Beers taste almost as good as if the season was already here
Yeah. The beer might have been what happened to the finger.