Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Any Waterfowl Hunters?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Any Waterfowl Hunters?

I did some searching around and didn't see anything like this anywhere already, but I'm curious to see how many Tacoma drivin' waterfowl hunters are out there? What's everyone hunt for? What gun or guns are you using? How long have you been at it? Pictures are always good too.

I'll start off. I started goose hunting last year, and had some luck. I ended the season out with 6 lessers. I was pleased for my first crack at it. I used a Mossberg 835 last year, but will be using a Remington 887 this year. Going to be mostly goose hunting, but gonna try to get into some Mallard, and Pintail ducks too.

This was after one of the trips last year.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I hunt fowl!! Just put the finishing touches on our air boat that me and my brother use ill post pics later!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
I hunt fowl!! Just put the finishing touches on our air boat that me and my brother use ill post pics later!
Awesome. Look forward to seein em.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is what we hunt out of.. The main gun i use is my remington 870
Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #5

Quote:

This is what we hunt out of.. The main gun i use is my remington 870
Well hell, that's a way to do it!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
Well hell, that's a way to do it!
The engine is a chevy 350... needless to say we haul ass
Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #7

Quote:
The engine is a chevy 350... needless to say we haul ass
I bet! Bet ya it is a blast.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery

me, uncle, cousin. Yuba city CA

been hunting water fowl ever since i can remember. my duck gun is an old school Remington 1100, passed down from my grandpa
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
charliebob is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
charliebob's Tacoma Gallery
I duck hunt here in texas.. no pictures on my g/fs computer though.. I shoot a benelli 12ga m2 28in barrel with a patternmaster choke.. got me a yella lab 7year old.. i love duck huntin!! look forward to this thread
Old 10-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #10

There's got to be more waterfowl hunters out there...

Anyway, I did find a great military discount on duck and goose calls. Buck Gardner calls offers half off their dealer cost on their full line. I ordered 6 calls up today for less than 90.00. I have the links at: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mil...eer-calls.html

Hope to see a few more people post up some stuff on this thread. Thanks to the three that have.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Bonus points for the Taco in the pic? I hunt ducks.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
You can't fix stupid
Drew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Drew
Drew5387's Tacoma Gallery
I hunt ducks, geese, dove, quail, and pheasant. I use a Binelli Supernova pump 12 gauge
Old 10-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
waterfowl hunter right here
dont have any pics but maybe later when the season starts ill get some... been hunting since i was about 12 and i shoot a browning BPS and love it. deer hunt too but not too big into it because i just started last year
Old 10-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #14
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet
Old 10-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Bonus points for the Taco in the pic? I hunt ducks.
Sure! Why not. I don't even have any that I know of with my truck in the background. Gonna have to change that this season.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
well i did a lil digging and found an old pic from about three years ago
Attached Thumbnails
Any Waterfowl Hunters?-taco-hunting.jpg