1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Duck Hunting Blind

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by stucksucksnayota, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Nov 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    I have a 16 foot alumn. boat and im thinking about building a duck blind to put on the boat so I can hunt out of it this year. I thought about ether building it out of pvc pipe or maybe eletrical conduet i dont know yet any idea?

2. Nov 4, 2008 at 4:37 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    You may want to look into fiberglass rod, and do a loop from side to side. It can be placed so you need to move it, or with a little help it lay's down and stacks.
    Just an idea, You probably will need to think about weight (added) and also temp. changes, I know PVC doesn't react to well when it's really cold.

3. Nov 4, 2008 at 10:40 AM
    stucksucksnayota

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    Ya thats a good idea. And Ive been thinking that I do probably want to stay away from PVC because it may get brittle when it gets really cold and it may be to flexable also

4. Nov 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    i just finished my second one. My first one was mas from 1/2 in conduit lasted 2 yrs didnt like it a bit. First year Lab decided to exit out and over the side when it was up she didn't make it and she bent the conduit. I had the avery fast grass over standard netting. The fast grass did add weight when it was wet. This year i made one from 16th in steel square tube. Much stonger!!! I did gain some wieght with that. I went to a army navy store a picked up the netting with the leafy break up on it. I did buy the cabelas northern flight grass to put on but i may just keep the netting by itself. I've been doing some good shooting so my motto is, if it ain't broke don,t fix it.

5. Nov 5, 2008 at 7:17 PM
    stucksucksnayota

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Can you get me some pics of your blind ether post them on here or email them to me at barrybeams@yahoo.com

It sounds like you have already been through all the problems that I was thinking would happen and a few more lol

How much $ did you end up spending on this total set up ??
    thanks

6. Nov 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper

Well the sqaure tube was $115.00 it is 1/8" not 16th, netting $100.00, I got the 18 lbs box of praire grass for $29.99 on sale and stainless hardware and some 1/2 pvc conduit to hold netting at the bottom about $75-100.00.I will probably need more praire grass if i decide to use it.

Products Discussed in

To Top