Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Applied for my Concealed Carry permit today...

Old 11-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Applied for my Concealed Carry permit today...

Got finger printed and application sent off for the concealed carry permit today So I need to get on the ball with picking out a handgun. I went and looked around at the local hunting store here in town. Held a few glocks, walther p22, and a springfield armory .40 (the guy said it wasn't the xd)

I liked the springfield best, I have been researching the XDs for a few months off and on. I think this is the gun I want, BUT I want to shoot the dang thing before buying. It feels good just holding it but i want to make sure i can hit a target.

SO - Is there anyone in GA that owns a XD .40 that would like to go shooting sometime soon? Really anything would work, I guess I need other handguns to compare the XD to. Thanks in advance for any help
Old 11-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have an indoor range that rents them?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Not where I live... I would guess Atlanta would have one. Maybe Macon... Ill look into it, thanx for the idea
Old 11-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
It must have been the XDm I'm assuming. XDs are awesome; I've owned 4. I'd look at the XD45compact if I were you. It's a great hybrid of concealment and accuracy.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
I found a range in Savannah that Im going to call tomorrow to see what rentals they have. Great idea, thanks Chris.

I looked at the xd 45 compact a while back, looks like a very solid gun. Do you actually own one Packerfan?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
I found a range in Savannah that Im going to call tomorrow to see what rentals they have. Great idea, thanks Chris.

I looked at the xd 45 compact a while back, looks like a very solid gun. Do you actually own one Packerfan?
Yes I do. I carry it almost everywhere. Best pistol I've owned.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #7
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I want to get a pistol, but am kinda in a bad spot since I'm 19. I'd have to somehow convince my parents to get it for me then have it transferred to me.

My short list consists of the XDm, USP, and P226. I'd have to shoot them all first though, then after deciding which feels best in my hands, I'd have to decide on a caliber.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #8
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Beretta!!!!!!! Love my 9mm
Old 11-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Thanks for the help!

I think I saw on the ranges website that you can only use their ammo in their guns. But I'll double check on that
Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im going to apply for my concealed carry very soon. i already have 3 handguns......but i wanna get my cc permit before obama decides to try and make that a thing of the past!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Ha, I applied for mine on election day
Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #14
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
If he makes it a thing of the past yours won't count for shit. Save the money and wait to see. I figure he may also reduce the capacity of our mags. Make it 9 again.
well.....im gonna get it, and hopefully, those that already have it will kinda be "grandfathered" in so to speak before they change the laws, if thats what they decide to do. im still waiting to see if the price of ammo is gonna sky rocket like some folks on cnn were speaking of. i sure as hell hope not....400% is an ass kicker!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #15
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I was doing some reading to see what would happen to our concealed carry licenses, seems like he only wants police officers and expolice officers to be allowed to carry, not even military or exmilitary, will be allowed to carry if he has his way. May want to save the 100 bucks to buy ammo insead of having a license and still have to break the law to carry. If I chose to break the law I will only pay for it once.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I was doing some reading to see what would happen to our concealed carry licenses, seems like he only wants police officers and expolice officers to be allowed to carry, not even military or exmilitary, will be allowed to carry if he has his way. May want to save the 100 bucks to buy ammo insead of having a license and still have to break the law to carry. If I chose to break the law I will only pay for it once.
this is true. hopefully....he wont eff with any of that shit. he actually said also that "no one, while deer hunting, needs anything larger that .410 shotgun to kill deer with". whatta friggin moron he is!! hell......a .410 aint good at 100 yards, let alone 75 yards either. he needs to leave guns/ammo/hunting/stuff like that alone!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #18
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
So how about this... I applied for the permit last Tuesday, and did fingerprints on last wednesday. The courthouse called me Monday of this week saying my permit was ready! Dang that was fast... parents took almost 2 months and Ive always heard it takes at the least a month. Guess my criminal record is SUPERCLEAN
Old 11-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #19

well, im wondering if since i just got a hunting fine from dnr, if its gonna be harder to get my concealed carry permit???
Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09magnetic View Post
No it wil not.. what was the fine for? loaded gun in the truck???
no.........i had my feeder sitting out there and i hadnt taken it down......actually had forgot about it, so they gave me a fine for hunting over bait. hope it dont mess with the cwp deal.