Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

who has a RIA 1911

Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
button is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: amphib assault
Name: chris
button's Tacoma Gallery
who has a RIA 1911

This thing has good reviews. Anyone have one, or know anything about it?

"This Rock Island is a very nice basic 1911. It features all steel construction with a 5 inch barrel, GI type sights, parkerized finish, spur hammer, short trigger, flat mainspring housing, wood grips, GI guide Rod and plug, rear only vertical cocking serrations, traditional barrel/bushing set up and 70 series firing system (no firing pin safety). These guns are inexpensive, but are very well made guns. Includes hard case and 1 ACT 8 round mag."

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411539079
Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
I have not owned one.
I have read many positive reviews.
They are not junk.
If you expect a basic 1911, that's what you'll get.
Many people use them as the basis for a custom.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
button is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

button's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
I have not owned one.
I have read many positive reviews.
They are not junk.
If you expect a basic 1911, that's what you'll get.
Many people use them as the basis for a custom.
thanks for the info.
I have also read many of the reviews, much more good than bad.
What about the RI armory? Ive never dealt with them. Anyone have good/bad stories with them or their weapons?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
This might help....http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464068
You can also search thefiringline under semiauto pistols using 'RIA' as the search value and get more info.
I think you're on the right track.
What model and price are you considering?
Blocked from Bud's here at work....
Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i own one and love it
Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
Rock Island and RIA are same thing...unless you're in my business then it's registered investment advisor...
Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
here she is....

Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #8

button's Tacoma Gallery
Rock Island Armory GI M1911A1 Mil Spec .45 ......... Factory new $380 delivered!
Attached Thumbnails
who has a RIA 1911-rock-20island-20411539079.jpg  
Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #9

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by button View Post
Rock Island Armory GI M1911A1 Mil Spec .45 ......... Factory new $380 delivered!
for around $75 more, you might as well get the Tactical version IMO... all depends on your budget though
Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #10

button's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
i own one and love it
glad to hear you like it! Ive shot many 1911s but cant justify the price tag on most. But for 380.00 ill take the chance.
How many rounds do have through yours? still holding up?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #11

button's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
for around $75 more, you might as well get the Tactical version IMO... all depends on your budget though
Ill check it out. Thanks

My budget was to find a reliable 1911 for under 500. new. Looks like Ive found the answer.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
Night In The Ruts!
09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
09DC4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Get one. Get it now. I have one and love it. Changed the sights to Maryland Gun Works, grips to rubber Houge, and purchased Wilson Combat Stainless mags. Good to go!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #13
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
Check out calguns.net a lot of good info
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #14

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
glad to hear you like it! Ive shot many 1911s but cant justify the price tag on most. But for 380.00 ill take the chance.
How many rounds do have through yours? still holding up?
only shot about 300 rounds through it.... so far so good.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #15

button's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the info.!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
281taco is on a distinguished road

Name: 281Stang
281taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a few 1911 they are my favorite hand gun to shoot
1 colt gold cup
2 colt A1's 1 s.s 1 black
1 danwesson
1 para 14-45 limited s.s
1 para .40 Todd Jarrett
I wouldn't trade them for the world I love a 1911!!!!
Plus i have a few glocks
1 glock 30 .45
1 glock 31 .45
1 glock 27 .40
2 glock 22's .40
1 glock 23 .40
Attached Thumbnails
who has a RIA 1911-1911s.jpg   who has a RIA 1911-a1s.jpg   who has a RIA 1911-good-luck.jpg   who has a RIA 1911-glock-2.jpg   who has a RIA 1911-1-glock.jpg  

Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #17

button's Tacoma Gallery
ive shot a bunch of different models and have enjoyed them all. I just couldnt bring myself to pay so much for something to be locked up 90% of the time. the RIA is beyond a fair price! I go shooting quite a bit, and want to start broadening my horizen of handguns. Ive always been a long rifle guy.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I saw lots for sale at the local gun show last weekend. I wouldnt mind having one.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #19

button's Tacoma Gallery
Done and Done ! just ordered it! I took Rbeezys advice and went with the tac model.
If this post is still around when i get the pistol . Ill do a little review! Thanks for the info guys
Old 10-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #20
Quote:
Done and Done ! just ordered it! I took Rbeezys advice and went with the tac model.
If this post is still around when i get the pistol . Ill do a little review! Thanks for the info guys
Good, cheap upgrade.
I think you'll be much happier....I know i would.