Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Build or buy a complete AR upper

Old 10-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Build or buy a complete AR upper

I'm looking for company or a shop to build me an upper.
I thought about doing it myself, but I figure by the time I buy all the tools to put the parts together it might be cheaper to have a company or individual assemble the parts.

I've looked at all the manufacturers I can think of for the upper I want. Some are close but it's in a bull barrel or 20".

I want to build a 16" midlength...flat top receiver....smooth free float tube tapped and ready for a bipod, muzzle brake, and not sure which gas block yet.

Basically a target upper for my AR.

Any info is appreciated!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
I'm looking for company or a shop to build me an upper.
I thought about doing it myself, but I figure by the time I buy all the tools to put the parts together it might be cheaper to have a company or individual assemble the parts.

I've looked at all the manufacturers I can think of for the upper I want. Some are close but it's in a bull barrel or 20".

I want to build a 16" midlength...flat top receiver....smooth free float tube tapped and ready for a bipod, muzzle brake, and not sure which gas block yet.

Basically a target upper for my AR.

Any info is appreciated!
I got a RockRiver Predator Pursuit in 16".
Extremely accurate with 77gr MatchKings.
They threw in a chromed bolt and BCG.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
www.del-ton.com 6-7 of my buddies are running their "kits" and have had no problems
Old 10-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
I have great luck with Palmetto State Armory. They have fantastic customer service and their parts are just as good or better than anyone else.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/
Old 10-15-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Riflegear.com Their stuff is all made by Daniel Defense. Great reviews on them at calguns. I got one of their new "aggressor" lowers - beautiful piece, just gotta decide what to do with it next.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like Palmetto State Armory and Bravo Company
Old 10-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
http://www.teludynetech.com/
Old 10-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #9
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I personally like Palmetto State Armory and Bravo Company
x2
add Aim Surplus and Weapon Outfitters to that list