1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opening day of bow!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by udy2554, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    udy2554

udy2554 [OP] NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    Tomorrow morning is the opening of Bow Season in NY's Southern zone!

I'm psyched, but it's calling for rain and high winds (gusts up to 60mph.), and I'm afraid of heights, (long story). Once I'm in the stand and got my safety harness attached, I'm good though.

In order to make things happen in comfort I brushed in a pop-up blind this afternoon. Now I can go out and get a good nap in, just like the deer I'll be hunting:). I'll be dry and not swaying in the breeze like a circus ride.

I got a couple pics of a little 4-pointer and a few does under my apple tree pretty regularly. Any of which will go well on the dinner table.

Anyhow, bowhunting is my favorite. I'm definitely a meat hunter, though I don't have anything against a trophy either. I had to switch to lefty a couple years back due to a blown disc in my neck doing nerve damage to my left arm. It kinda came natural...I'm left-eye dominant.

I'll stop babbling now. Here's a couple pics of my blind and the little buck. I gotta get another load of scent free laundry going.

Good luck to all you hunters out there!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A spike under my apple tree. The deer can hear the apples falling and hitting the tires, they come running! Sounds like a basketball game going on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know, nothing too impressive, but meat first. I need 3 in the freezer to get through the year. It's the only red meat I eat...unless I go out for dinner!

2. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    wow your season starts late..My bow opener is usually sept. 11.

Ive got a nice big solid 9 on camera, but hes being stubborn and comming out at night.

3. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    New York is kinda screwed up. Late start dates, lots of regs. on what you can hunt with and where. Kids can't hunt big game 'till 14, small game at 12. Yet still lots of complaints about car hits and crop damage...hmmmmm!

I do have a nice 6-point drinking out of the puddle at the end of my ddriveway every night, just no pics yet.

Rutting doesn't really get going 'till the very end of Oct. anyway. The first two weeks of Nov. are the best around here. I will get a couple mock scrapes going right before halloween.

I wish I could hunt earlier, right now my work is at it's busiest. I fix furnaces!:eek:

4. Oct 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hoyt Maxxis 31, Bone Collector Edition, Travis "T-Bone" Turner signed it a few weeks back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you guys shoot. Maybe start another thread? Maybe there is one?

5. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:22 AM
    HuntnTruk

HuntnTruk Tacohead

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    New York-not the City
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 4x4
    Terrible weather here = no deer for me. It was just exciting to get out. I saw a coyote on saturday but no shot. Saw some turkeys on Sunday that didnt come in range. Not a single deer though.

6. Oct 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Same here! Nothing but squirrels and chipmonks. Where in NY? I'm in Naples, southern tier south of Rochester about an hour.

7. Oct 18, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    HuntnTruk

HuntnTruk Tacohead

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    New York-not the City
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 4x4
    Im a half hour south-southeast of syracuse in farm country.

Products Discussed in

To Top