Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

concealable holster help

Old 11-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
concealable holster help

I'm getting my cwp in a couple weeks. i have a glock model 23 and a kahr k40. i need to get some concealable holsters. who carries these guns and what holsters do you use (links are appreciated). also, where do you find the best place to carry is? leg, small of the back, inside the pants on the side? any feedback regarding these two guns is welcome. Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
PackerFanXD sent me this link for a holster http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/
Old 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
damn it! it's blocked from work. i forgot most gun and gun accessory sites are blocked, i'll have to wait till i get home. Thanks for the link though
Old 11-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Which of your 2 do you plan to conceal? The glock 23 is a little bulky to completely conceal unless it's in the small of your back and unless you wear very baggy pants, it's not likely that the glock will be comfortable to carry on your ankle. I've had both the Fobus holster and the Bianchi locking holster (BOTH are bulkier than they look in the catalogs)

As for the Kahr, I think they make a special holster for it that fits in your pocket and conceals itself. I don't have a link to it readily avail though.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #5

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
Which of your 2 do you plan to conceal? The glock 23 is a little bulky to completely conceal unless it's in the small of your back and unless you wear very baggy pants, it's not likely that the glock will be comfortable to carry on your ankle. I've had both the Fobus holster and the Bianchi locking holster (BOTH are bulkier than they look in the catalogs)

As for the Kahr, I think they make a special holster for it that fits in your pocket and conceals itself. I don't have a link to it readily avail though.
i like the Glock much more than the kahr, but the kahr is paper thin and much more concealable. the glock is a little bulky to hide easily, you're right about that. the reason i mention my ankle is because i wear boot cut jeans so i could hide a desert eagle down there and nobody would notice. i'll have to look into the kahr holsters. Thanks for the response
Old 11-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
SD TACO
omar11omar is on a distinguished road

omar11omar's Tacoma Gallery
Try Uncle Mike's holsters, sorry dont have the link. They are great/simple but have zero retention. Also not sure if u are a L.E.O because that should determine where u carry
Old 11-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #7

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar11omar View Post
Try Uncle Mike's holsters, sorry dont have the link. They are great/simple but have zero retention. Also not sure if u are a L.E.O because that should determine where u carry
no i'm not LEO. are you talking about where i should carry on my body or where i can physically carry it? Thanks for the suggestion, i think i have heard of Uncle Mike's before. i think my dad has a few.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #9

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Crossbreed Supertucks are badass. Inexpensive too.
sweet, i'll have to look those up after i finally get to leave work. this day won't end! thanks for the info
Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #10
SD TACO

Its a good idea to carry where you practice to draw from. In an "oh sh%@" situation that is where u go to. Muscle memory! Good luck. Both guns, Kahr and Glock are great guns but I the Glock would get to heavy after a while.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #11

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its a good idea to carry where you practice to draw from. In an "oh sh%@" situation that is where u go to. Muscle memory! Good luck. Both guns, Kahr and Glock are great guns but I the Glock would get to heavy after a while.
yeah i get what you're saying. i figure small of hte back is good. pretty concealable and you can look like you're reaching for your wallet. i think the glock is more reliable but harder to carry
Old 11-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
SD TACO

I agree, I carried a glock 27 for a while and depending on where I go I still will carry the Glock. But now I usually carry something very light.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #13

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree, I carried a glock 27 for a while and depending on where I go I still will carry the Glock. But now I usually carry something very light.
what are your lighter options? i'm a huge fan of the titanium 44 special that S&W makes, very light, with stopping power to spare but the cylinder makes it kinda bulky
Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #14
SD TACO

I carry the S&W titanium .357 5 shot. Its light, hammerless w/ knockout power. On the pricey side but a great gun. Kicks like a mule!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #15

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I carry the S&W titanium .357 5 shot. Its light, hammerless w/ knockout power. On the pricey side but a great gun. Kicks like a mule!
yeah, i use to have a snub nose .357 stainless. it kicked like a mule too and since your titanium is lighter i can imagine its even worse. if you shot all 6 shots as fast as you could it felt like someone hit your hand with a hammer. i haven't priced those in years, how much do they typically run?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #16
SD TACO

I've had it for about 5 years, and I think it was around 850.00 I dont know what they go for and if the price is different in California. It seems like e-thing is more expensive here
Old 11-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #17

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had it for about 5 years, and I think it was around 850.00 I dont know what they go for and if the price is different in California. It seems like e-thing is more expensive here
whoa! that is high. i saw a titanium .44 for around $450 at one point but i think it was a Taurus. does anyone know if Taurus makes titanium revolvers?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #18
SD TACO

Model 605SS2
.357 MAG, 5 RDS, DA/SA, REVOLVER IN STAINLESS STEEL
Stainless, not titanium
Old 11-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Model 605SS2
.357 MAG, 5 RDS, DA/SA, REVOLVER IN STAINLESS STEEL
Stainless, not titanium
hmmm.... maybe it was a S&W then. i know for a while i didn't buy S&W cause they were teh only company to cave in during the Clinton years so everyone i know boycotted them. maybe it was cheaper back then. oh well, i'd like to have one but that is high as hell. i have some friends in LEO, maybe they can get a good deal on one for me
Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #20
SD TACO

Well good luck, in whatever choice you make.