Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

already!

Old 11-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #101
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I don't think they'll try to go after handguns in any sort of "blanket" sense, that was recently struck down by SCOTUS in the Heller case.....which, unfortunately, left the door open in a fairly vague way for governmental restrictions. A blanket handgun ban would not stand.

If they do anything it'll be a nibbling away process, reinstitute an invigorated version of the AWB, ban 11+ round mags again, make private sales of guns illegal (all sales or gifts would have to go through a licensed dealer), ban 50 caliber rifles, that sort of thing.

If you were wanting to get an "assault rifle" you may now be too late.....for a while anyway until the current scare wears off. Actually, I think Barak is a pretty smart guy. He saw what happened to the Dems in '94, and also how AlGore lost the presidency in Y2K......not because of SCOTUS or Florida as so many would claim, but because he lost his home-state of Tennessee because of his stance on gun-control. If he'd won Tennessee then Florida wouldn't have mattered, would have been irrelevant, he'd have been POTUS, period. Barak knows that, and so do a lot of Dems in Congress. They'd be idiots to go after guns again, it'd kill 'em in '10, but hard to say, they may not be able to resist and the gun-control proponents are going to be hard on them to do so during the next two years partly as pay-back, and partly because they may never have a better chance than now to get it done. It'll be interesting to see.

Assault rifles, ARs, M1As, etc, are almost unobtainable around here right now. A month ago there were racks and racks of them in any gun-store, often on sale. Not now. If you waited until now, you waited too long.
Wow, I guess I should go buy one of the three he has on the shelf here at a local gun dealer? Wish I had the extra money.......