Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

did some skeet shootin this weekend

Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
did some skeet shootin this weekend

any body ever been skeet shooting before. turns out i aint too bad at it. it was only my 4th time out and i got about 15 out of 20
Old 11-18-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
cool good shooting!!!! skeet is a really good time we always do it in winter with a nice big fire and lots of food and beer!!! the beer for when we are done shooting of course!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha. yeah i would hope so. a buddy of mine had a birthday get together. we had a bonfire and we had a little Jack daniels old no.7 to celebrate .
Old 11-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #4
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CAN'T BEAT OLD J.D... when it comes to wiskey!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #5

yup. its pretty good. plus the fact we slept outside in a tent... lets just say i was pretty warm. it got down to like 30 degrees outside
Old 11-18-2008, 07:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yup. its pretty good. plus the fact we slept outside in a tent... lets just say i was pretty warm. it got down to like 30 degrees outside
haha warm from the wiskey i take it lol!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #7

haha. nah it wadnt like that. they were out. including myself. ah good times...good times
Old 11-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband and I were big into trap/skeet a couple years ago. We've been invovled in other hobbies and haven't been out in a long time.

We both have our own guns, a sit-down trap thrower, and a garage full of cases of clay birds waiting to be shot at.

You should try Trap - that's even easier than skeet!!

You want a challenge - try *Sporting clays*. That's fricken hard!!

Not a whole lot of areas near me have skeet/sporting clays. Gotta drive a bit to a field (and when they're open to the public). That's why we've primarily done trap for availability.

What gun did you shoot?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #9
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
we do sporting clays every once and a while between seasons and stuff... Takes a while to get the hang of it but it's pretty cool!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
i went bird hunting for the first time a couple weekends ago. great time. we had some excellent dogs and trainers. i ended up getting 3 phesants, 2 chukar and one quail. phesants and chukar were pretty slow, but damn are those quail fast. i actually did better shooting at the live birds than the clays we practiced with the day before. used the old 870 express with 28" modified choke. i missed less times than a guy there with a beretta extrema.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
My husband and I were big into trap/skeet a couple years ago. We've been invovled in other hobbies and haven't been out in a long time.

We both have our own guns, a sit-down trap thrower, and a garage full of cases of clay birds waiting to be shot at.

You should try Trap - that's even easier than skeet!!

You want a challenge - try *Sporting clays*. That's fricken hard!!

Not a whole lot of areas near me have skeet/sporting clays. Gotta drive a bit to a field (and when they're open to the public). That's why we've primarily done trap for availability.

What gun did you shoot?
i was using a 20 gauge double barrel. No pump action. i was hitting those things left and right with that gun. i loved it. What is the difference between Skeet and trap?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
i was using a 20 gauge double barrel. No pump action. i was hitting those things left and right with that gun. i loved it. What is the difference between Skeet and trap?
Trap basically has ONE house where the birds come out of. The birds go flying out directly in front of you (away from you). It's a lot of depth perception and having the right choke. Here's a typical field layout.

Skeet - birds come from two houses and you have many different positions. Birds flying at various different directions/orientations.
Here's a typical skeet layout.

Sporting Clays doesn't have a set layout. You'll have stations through-out any given area..... anywhere. You'll have clay birds dropping down at you from the sky, rolling across the ground (rabbits), shooting just about anywhere and everywhere and you don't know where/when they'll come at you. It depends on the field and field layout.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #14

cool. i just shot clays this weekend.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #15
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I was pretty decent at trap, and haven't done much skeet, but then a while back tried sporting clays. Fun and very humbling.

Knocked down a couple of Canadian geese just a week ago, two shots, two geese, same flight. Guess what I'm fixin' for Thanksgiving?
Old 11-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I thought I was pretty decent at trap, and haven't done much skeet, but then a while back tried sporting clays. Fun and very humbling.

Knocked down a couple of Canadian geese just a week ago, two shots, two geese, same flight. Guess what I'm fixin' for Thanksgiving?
Tastes like chicken?

I dunno if I could actually do any real hunting. Although, I enjoy shooting rabbits in my backyard (Shhhh!) I just don't wanna eat them (and wash them, and de-fur them, and remove their guts, and wash then again, and...and). Yuk!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #17

so what do you do with them?? and what do you hit em with??
Old 11-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #18
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I've done trap shooting. It's a lot of fun. I typically get 20-23 out of 25 at 19 yards (the shortest at the range I shoot at). My shotgun is a Mossberg 500 pump. I've never tried skeet or sporting clays.