Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Deer hunting BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #21
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Bow starts the 2nd week of September, 4 weeks later is muzzleloader, a week later is rifle, and it goes through Jan 1. Can kill 2 bucks, one has to have a minimum of 4 points on one side, and 10 does. Only 3 Either Sex days on national forest land, around 10 either sex days on private property.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #22
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Information Systems Technician / IT2
Name: Camron
CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Hunting in Western Washington is two weeks. If that wasn't hard enough, the black tail are so scarce and hard to hunt you are lucky to get your LIMIT of 1...
Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #23
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
I've been out since Late September here in Ohio bow hunting, and I haven't got a thing so far....
Old 12-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #24
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Bow starts the 2nd week of September, 4 weeks later is muzzleloader, a week later is rifle, and it goes through Jan 1. Can kill 2 bucks, one has to have a minimum of 4 points on one side, and 10 does. Only 3 Either Sex days on national forest land, around 10 either sex days on private property.
Do most people actually kill a buck with 4 points on one side? or do they just shoot the one buck that doesnt matter
Old 12-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #25
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Do most people actually kill a buck with 4 points on one side? or do they just shoot the one buck that doesnt matter

Honestly, MOST people shoot whatever they want. It's sad, but true. If they shoot one with 4 or more on one side, they will usually tag it. If it's somethin small, most people (the people I talk to or know, at least) usually don't even tag it. The limit is 2 bucks, but since we only have a few either sex days, a lot of people will shoot more than 2 bucks to get some meat in the freezer.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #26
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Hunting season begins when 40000000 out of state hunters show up with a million dollars in equipment to a crew. Tear up and down the mountains on their ATVs, drop a couple animals and then leave. Its ridiculous. I've had to change hunting areas completely due to it. Too bad they keep coming back to the same spots but don't realize that there's no game due to the wolf infestation here.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #27
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Honestly, MOST people shoot whatever they want. It's sad, but true. If they shoot one with 4 or more on one side, they will usually tag it. If it's somethin small, most people (the people I talk to or know, at least) usually don't even tag it. The limit is 2 bucks, but since we only have a few either sex days, a lot of people will shoot more than 2 bucks to get some meat in the freezer.
Dang man that does stink. Ive heard here they are tryin to put a limit of 5 for bucks next year. now we dont have a limit on anything
Old 12-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #28
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Bow season opens sept 11 in my area, goes till the last week in feb. shotgun is a week or so in dec, and muzzleloader is almost the whole month of december. Ive seen a bunch of deer, but shot nothing yet. My dad got a small 4 point and seen a few deer but nothing special.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #29
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Dang man that does stink. Ive heard here they are tryin to put a limit of 5 for bucks next year. now we dont have a limit on anything
No Limits! Holy crap!

Just a couple counties south it's either sex all year. Bow, muzzle, and rifle seasons start the same time as ours, but you can kill a doe with any of it any time.

I've only been able to get in the woods about 10 days this season. broke my arm in September and wasn't able to do anything. Took a week off the last week in Nov and hunted every day. Pulled the trigger on a spike (he only had 1 horn and was kinda deformed...wanted to get him outta the gene pool), but my gun didn't fire. When I took it apart last time it was in the rain to clean it, apparently my bolt didn't go in right or something. Sucks. Oh well. Got a monster roamin around my house I've been tryin to get on, but he didn't get so big by bein stupid. He never shows himself durin daylight.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #30
Yep

Quote:
No Limits! Holy crap!

Just a couple counties south it's either sex all year. Bow, muzzle, and rifle seasons start the same time as ours, but you can kill a doe with any of it any time.

I've only been able to get in the woods about 10 days this season. broke my arm in September and wasn't able to do anything. Took a week off the last week in Nov and hunted every day. Pulled the trigger on a spike (he only had 1 horn and was kinda deformed...wanted to get him outta the gene pool), but my gun didn't fire. When I took it apart last time it was in the rain to clean it, apparently my bolt didn't go in right or something. Sucks. Oh well. Got a monster roamin around my house I've been tryin to get on, but he didn't get so big by bein stupid. He never shows himself durin daylight.
Dang that sucks!! ive got a giant on the camera right now, but of course they are all night time pictures. really sucks. Hopefully i can get him by the end of the year!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #31
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
In southern Ontario archery is oct 1 -dec 31 with a few gun hunts in nov and dec
Old 12-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #32
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I've heard the season in Wisconsin is only a week or two as well.

As for TN, bow season starts in late September, muzzle loader at the beginning of Nov, and rifle in the middle of Nov and they all go until Jan 1st.
God love my state they have made hunting a RIGHT
Old 12-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #33
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Texas....at least in the county where I hunt. We can take whitetail from Nov through the first weekend in Jan. with rifles. The county where I hunt have plenty of deer. But due to the very dry weather we have had this year, we (the hunters on the lease) have decided to only take doe. Our doe/buck ratio is to high. I have killed 3 so far. Went out yesterday looking for a 4th and only saw bucks. Granted the whitetails are not as large as the ones up north, but venison is venison.

On a side note, there are places to hunt that are "free" but I would not even drive through one of those places during deer season for fear of getting shot. I would rather choose the place where I hunt that is well off the well traveled path.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #34
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i only bowhunt. even during the rifle season. seems like it is always open somewhere for me.

leaving in jan for AZ.!!! couse deer beware. then a short break chasing turkey..and the summer season opens in AZ and CA. wish i had more time..and money.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #35
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
I was able to hunt two states this year..South Dakota & Montana!! Took a whitetail buck and a mule deer buck!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #36
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
In Arkansas bow season starts September 15 and goes till the end of February. Muzzleloader and modern gun are in November.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #37
Vandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant future
Name: Jake
Vandy's Tacoma Gallery
We have a long season in Maryland with liberal harvest amounts. The county I live and hunt in is a "suburban archey" zone meaning that during archery season we can harvest an unlimited amount of does. Here is how the season runs in the majority of the state:

Archery: September 15 - January 31
Early Muzzleloader (Either Sex) - Thur - Sat on next to last week of October
Early Muzzleloader (Antlerless only) - Last week of October
Shotgun (no rifles) - The Saturday after Thanksgiving for 2 weeks
Late Muzzleloader - Typically the last 2 weeks of December
Late Shotgun - Thur - Sat the first week of January.

Your license allows 1 buck in each season. You can buy a bonus buck stamp and harvest a second buck after you kill the first buck and then 2 does.

You are allowed 10 antlerless deer in each season (Archery, Muzzleloader and Shotgun), except in the case of unlimited antlerless during archery season in the area I hunt.

There is no lottery system or anything like, just pay your $42.50 (resident) and you can hunt all three weapon seasons. Bonus buck stamps are $10 (resident).

One complaint I have is that in my county, there are only a few Sundays you are allowed to hunt. I work full-time meaning I am limited to Saturday's. I usually manage to take a couple week days off to hunt, but it is extremely rare that I can hunt consecutive days. The only good thing is that since our properties are so small (7, 15 and 40 acres), they get a week's "rest" between hunts.

Over the last few years our group of 5 guys has averaged about 15 deer a year across the three properties. Mostly does and unfortunately button bucks, but usually a decent 8pt is taken every couple of years.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #38
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
here bow season starts oct 15-end of jan.
gun starts around 20th of nov.-end of jan.
and muzzle 5 days before gun
Old 12-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #39
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
hey buzzard...just saw this. i'm down in your area.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #40
whiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud of
whiteynut's Tacoma Gallery
Spent as much time as I could this fall looking for a bull; the 1st year I have had a tag for bull elk since '07. It was also the 1st year the zone I hunt was opened from draw to a general (over the counter) tag. I drew a mule deer buck tag as well but that and whitetail were on the back burner. Passed on the 2nd buck in this vid the 1st week expecting a bull to peak out of the bush. Bad decision that I still regret= 2 empty tags.
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...t=PICT0061.mp4
Already posted my little muley in the hunting pics. Pressure was insane this year with all the guys trying for bulls. One in our crew got a good bull so at least I got to lay my hands on one this year. Maybe next year will be my turn.

Products Discussed in this Thread