Old 12-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #41
hawg head-if ya can eat it I kill it!
13wareagle is on a distinguished road

Name: James
13wareagle's Tacoma Gallery
deer season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dog View Post
here bow season starts oct 15-end of jan.
gun starts around 20th of nov.-end of jan.
and muzzle 5 days before gun
I'm a bankhead bandit and have only gotten a 7 point this year but have other obligations going on.that is the alabama season. by the way WAR EAGLE!!!HA,HA,HA! GOOD LUCK ON THE GAME KEEP IT REAL LSU WILL BE THE CHAMPS.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #42
nomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
man two weeks!! that stinks man. i would hate it if i could only hunt for two weeks
and we cant hunt on sundays. But there is a 6 week archery deer season in the fall and 3 week archery after christmas. He needs to start hunting archery.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #44
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I found a HUGE 8 thats been on camera the last few weeks. Ive personally seen him 2 times, same time each day...I think I shook the remaining leaves off the tree I was in I was so nervous. Im gonna lay the smack down this weekend on this deer. Hopefully pics to follow.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #45
Bastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Angel
Bastaardo's Tacoma Gallery
I bow hunt from September to mid February here in NJ. So far 2 doe, but the freezer is getting empty. Been chasing a monster 8pt in the low 140's. My third season trying to thwack him. Been working days and nights and it's put a hurtin on my season this year. I'll be out this weekend for a big doe.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #46
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
I went up to the farm the other day and and pulled the SD card out of my trail camera and found a beautiful five point! He was missin a side. Cant wait for deer season to start. We've got 14 acres of soy beans planted and a nice bottom between beans and the swamp. Can't wait to sit there openin mornin. Anyone else ready? I've been thinkin about deer season since the day it went out!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #47
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went up to the farm the other day and and pulled the SD card out of my trail camera and found a beautiful five point! He was missin a side. Cant wait for deer season to start. We've got 14 acres of soy beans planted and a nice bottom between beans and the swamp. Can't wait to sit there openin mornin. Anyone else ready? I've been thinkin about deer season since the day it went out!
lemme know if you need help
Old 06-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #48
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
lemme know if you need help
Hey man you don't live too far from my farm. We might need to have a mini tw meet and then hunt
Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #49
2000toyota is on a distinguished road

2000toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNewell View Post
Hunting in Western Washington is two weeks. If that wasn't hard enough, the black tail are so scarce and hard to hunt you are lucky to get your LIMIT of 1...
So true!!!!!!!!! Lots of scouting and good optics make all the difference for blacktail.....
Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #50
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty good. 3,000 acres of farm land and woods that hasn't been hunted in 10 years or more. I only scouted it last year but my great uncle that lived on the property and didn't want anybody to hunt it died so I'll be hunting it this season.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #51
Yep

Haha man I couldn't imagine only gettin to hunt for two weeks
Old 06-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #52
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Pretty good. 3,000 acres of farm land and woods that hasn't been hunted in 10 years or more. I only scouted it last year but my great uncle that lived on the property and didn't want anybody to hunt it died so I'll be hunting it this season.
Nice man! Wheres the farm at?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #53
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nice man! Wheres the farm at?
Middle of GA about 45 minutes from Augusta.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #54
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hey man you don't live too far from my farm. We might need to have a mini tw meet and then hunt
i'm down. i dont have any land down here so i'm pretty much left with hunting on base. the rules are pretty crazy.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #55
Yep

Quote:
Middle of GA about 45 minutes from Augusta.
Dang that's a good ways to drive to hunt. But I guess if there is no pressure on the place it will be pretty dang good
Old 06-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #56
Yep

Quote:
i'm down. i dont have any land down here so i'm pretty much left with hunting on base. the rules are pretty crazy.
Where on base can you hunt? There are a lot of WMA's down here to hunt too. But the problem with that is there are normally a bunch of yahoos huntin em haha
Old 06-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #57
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Dang that's a good ways to drive to hunt. But I guess if there is no pressure on the place it will be pretty dang good
Good drive for you. In the summer I usually live on that farm, not this year though, so I just get up sit in the stand, then get on the tractor. During deer season I'm back home and it isn't but an hour and a half's drive.
Quote:
I have friends with hunting land in the Charleston area.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #58
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Where on base can you hunt? There are a lot of WMA's down here to hunt too. But the problem with that is there are normally a bunch of yahoos huntin em haha
i hunt on the NWS. they have set days, quotas for bucks and does for certain areas of the base, etc. best deer are on the part of base thats north of red bank.

Quote:
I have friends with hunting land in the Charleston area.
doesnt do me any good...lol
Old 06-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #59
Yep

Quote:
Good drive for you. In the summer I usually live on that farm, not this year though, so I just get up sit in the stand, then get on the tractor. During deer season I'm back home and it isn't but an hour and a half's drive.
That ain't too bad then. I thought you lived close to charleston

Quote:
i hunt on the NWS. they have set days, quotas for bucks and does for certain areas of the base, etc. best deer are on the part of base thats north of red bank
Oh okay I gotcha. You ever shoot anything nice there?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #60
2000toyota is on a distinguished road

2000toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha man I couldn't imagine only gettin to hunt for two weeks

The way you have to look at Washington state is fishing the salt water in the summer for salmon then bear season starts Aug. deer in October plus salmon fishing the rivers, November elk then ducks into Jan. steelhead and then onto predators.

Products Discussed in this Thread