Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Deer hunting BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #941
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. Personally I give away over half of my harvest to the neighbors to help with the food bills.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #942
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Here we can shoot as many does as we want. Which I hate. I personally don't shoot many does. I haven't killed a doe in years. Mainly because the guy that hunts the land next to ours shoots anything that walks. 2 years ago he killed 36 deer on that land. And came up to me at the end of the season askin how many I killed. I told him and he said well damn that's all? Well I killed 36. And then I said well damn no wonder I haven't seen any fuckin deer. I wish they would put a restriction on does here. I hate pecker heads like that who just shoot a deer just to shoot. And honestly what the hell would you even do with 36 deer? Nobody has a freezer that big except a processor
he was prob gettin choice meat off of them and scrapping the rest..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #943
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06indigoink View Post
he was prob gettin choice meat off of them and scrapping the rest..
Probably so. He leases the land to hunt. We are tryin to get him out and then me and my dad split the cost of the lease
Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #944
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like ill be turkey hunting this year! SCDNR sent me 5 tags and a license. Maybe it will stop my deer hunting itch for a little while lol
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #945
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Unlimited doe here thru all seasons. I bow hunt from sept-feb.

There is only one buck per season tho, which is good.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #946
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well turkey season came and went and I never had a chance to go, sorry Jamie, but last week I got off work early and wanted to get in the woods. So I went and checked on some of our permanent stands. Ton of deer sign and I've found some good spots for when deer season starts back up. Can't wait till August 15th
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #947
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well turkey season came and went and I never had a chance to go, sorry Jamie, but last week I got off work early and wanted to get in the woods. So I went and checked on some of our permanent stands. Ton of deer sign and I've found some good spots for when deer season starts back up. Can't wait till August 15th
it's cool. watched a doe in my back yard for about 5 mins yesterday. my boss said he may have a lead on a club in west ashley somewhere that he's trying to get into.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #948
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
it's cool. watched a doe in my back yard for about 5 mins yesterday. my boss said he may have a lead on a club in west ashley somewhere that he's trying to get into.
You shoulda slung an arrow at her haha. You thinkin about tryin to join that club too?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #949
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You shoulda slung an arrow at her haha. You thinkin about tryin to join that club too?
if the season was in i sure would have. may just set some corn out at the edge of the woods and sit in the bedroom w/ the window open...lol
Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #950
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Where are my bow hunters at???
Old 05-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #951
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
here. turkey season handed my my ass.

all the landowners had work going on. my buddy was installing a windmill..phone company changing poles. messed up the birds. i'm done. tired of driving 2.5 hours to sweat it out in a ground blind.

getting ready for some trout season. hiking up into the sierras to test some new gear and catch some fish.

then august, i hike into the sierras to bowhunt deer!! god, i gotta get into shape.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #952
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just picked up a compound a few weeks ago. Elk season is going to be a bit more challenging than what I'm used to haha.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #953
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
did 2 season with my current bow. I think over the summer i will upgrade. Bow i have now is too light for me.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #954
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i bowhunted for a couple years.. got a few, wounded a few. too many x-factors in it for me. i sold it and picked up a crossbow after they got legal. love it. one day i may go back to a compound but for now im content. killed 2 good bucks this year before rifle season came in.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #955
Thorny is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dean
Thorny's Tacoma Gallery
Took this bull last year:

Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #956
Yep

Nice first post!! Gosh dang I'm ready for deer season fellas!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #957
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
here. turkey season handed my my ass.

all the landowners had work going on. my buddy was installing a windmill..phone company changing poles. messed up the birds. i'm done. tired of driving 2.5 hours to sweat it out in a ground blind.

getting ready for some trout season. hiking up into the sierras to test some new gear and catch some fish.

then august, i hike into the sierras to bowhunt deer!! god, i gotta get into shape.
What zone you going to in August?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #958

Law Enforcement:
Thorny's Tacoma Gallery
Hey thanks. Hunt talk is my comfort zone
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #959

Quote:
Nice first post!! Gosh dang I'm ready for deer season fellas!
no kiddin. ive already been trimming shooting lanes and checking new stand locations. put out 4 mineral licks sat morning, ill give em a week or 2 and then ima start making my rounds with the camera and marking inventory

all the rain we've had in the foothills so far this year should def be helping the antler growth as well as the coverage for the fawns.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #960

Law Enforcement:
Thorny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Just picked up a compound a few weeks ago. Elk season is going to be a bit more challenging than what I'm used to haha.
What kind of bow did you get? What does your set up look like?

Products Discussed in this Thread