1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deer hunting BS thread

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by buzzard1992, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Nov 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    I'd tell him to stay off your property, and if you see or hear of it again you will report him.

2. Nov 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    06indigoink

06indigoink Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    id ask him about it, maybe their idea of "chasing" was actually walking through the woods and spooking them? i normally wouldnt shoot at a running deer. as for the baiting i see no problems with it,but its legal here, im used to it and almost everybody i know combines corn for deer season. i wouldnt worry about it so much but thats just me. if it bothers you tell him no more hunting after this season due to your patch of land being so small etc.. it is your land after all

edit- you can see my corn in my pic above. sometimes its the only way to see deer. some areas are unhuntable, corn changes that.

3. Nov 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5

Here is the deal. You didnt like the way he acted on your property, you have the right to tell him he has lost his privileges right now and not to come back on your property. That is your right as a land owner. I'd ask about the pile of apples if he is baiting it is your call if you want to turn him in or not. You never know if it is the neighbors putting that out. But at the end of the day I would most definitely ask him what he is doing. If you don't like the answer it is in you rights as a land owner to refuse permission. Check the hunting regs and make sure him using a rifle when that happened was legal. Sound like what he was doing, by trying to get you to shoot the deer was just shady. Your call on continuing to allow permission.

4. Nov 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    Illegal or not, sounds like you feel he has over stayed his welcome. Tell him that. Obviously was trying to conceal what he was doing. Being your neighbor, police/wardens can make the living arangements awkward real fast. Thats your call.

I would inform him of the law, explain you know what you saw and do not appreciate it. Take pics and document it for sure though.

Confront him about it.

5. Nov 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Same here. Zero food. We can't bait here either. I think the lack of anything besides grass had made then a little sluggish honestly. There isn't even any sign being put down here. I've talked to a few guys that said they saw one running a doe, but all the bucks I've seen (in the woods or even in fields on my way in/out) have been with other bucks...and that ain't gonna fly in the rut...

6. Nov 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    tlh178

tlh178 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    terry
    lake huron/sag bay
    Vehicle:
    2012 4WD reg cab/ 02 SR5 Prerunner/07 FJC 4WD
    just make sure you don't get busted for his apples. i would go back there and remove them myself. its up to you who hunts on your property.

7. Nov 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    Thanks for all the input guys.
    The apples are on the neighbors property, so I will probably go talk to him about it. The guy had his tractor with his trailer full of apples, so I know it wasn't the land owner doing it. Pretty much caught red handed.
    He called DEP about finishing the deer with his rifle and they said "NO". But he was waiting till the next day as it was getting dark. I did hear a single shot later the next day in that general area.
    I will probably let him know that if he wants to hunt on my land he has to follow the letter of the law, regardless of how inconvenient he may find that.
    I appreciate the hunters perspective.

8. Nov 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    I've hunted with some people like that in the past but not anymore. He has a little outlaw in him and you telling him to mind his P's and Q's wont stop him he will just try to make sure you don't know about it.

Also sorry to hear about your experience, the vast majority of hunters are not like this guy you are dealing with and he is a poor representation of the sportsmen and women out there. I just hope he doesn't taint you opinion of the rest of us out there doing things the right way.

9. Nov 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    vjherrera

vjherrera Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    Chicopee,MA
    Well I got Fri and Sat left for bow season before I grab the old shotgun but this is the first season where I have seen sign up the wazoo but not a single deer. I have been stalking from Quabbin to all points west of that..just wondering if there are any of my fellow western MA hunters out there who have had any luck, and for the record I am not looking to jump claims on honey holes.

10. Dec 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Stockmonester

Stockmonester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rome, Ny
    Vehicle:
    2019 v6 sr 4x4
    in channel vent visors
    These two 40-50ld guys came running by my stand around 2ish
    [​IMG]

11. Dec 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Had one come running in on me this evenin about 5:30. I grunted, it came closer, then stopped. I grunted, it came closer, then stopped. Then I heard it walking around for a few minutes, but I'm in a thicket and couldn't ever find it.

12. Dec 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    novanut21

novanut21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back, TRD S/C, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Satoshi grille, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD Pulley, HID Retrofit.
    Hunted for this guy all week. Ended up finding out a non local guy on the property next to us killed it Wednesday. All he does is drive up to the end of the property and set in his truck and watch the hillside that connects to us. I know i've watched him do it all week. He also killed another nice 9pt last year as well. Gets really frustrating taking the time to feed and monitor these deer only to have a non family member take them. Side note: Same guy used to hunt on are property until he decided to steal my uncles 4wheeler key when he left the 4wheeler to do some still hunting. So he went to the elderly couple next door and traded some "discount" granite counter tops for hunting privileges. Rant over! :mad:
    [​IMG]

13. Dec 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    Cough, cough, hunting accident, cough.

14. Dec 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    09Tacomania

09Tacomania Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Little Rhody
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver Streak Dbl cab 4x4
    Icon CO's, LR UCA's, Icon rear 2.0 rear resi's, Wheelers 1.5" 3 pk aal, blacked out badges, Andre's devil horn's, Extang tonneau. Oem racks
    Pulled the trigger on a Barnett Ghost 385 crossbow.......got it at cost, cheap money....got good reviews. Can't wait to sight in and get back out there.

15. Dec 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    novanut21

novanut21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back, TRD S/C, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Satoshi grille, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD Pulley, HID Retrofit.

They do happen :spy: Are next course of action will be to try and convince the landowners to lease us the property for hunting only. With only one rule this guy is not allowed back on the property. I'm good friends with their grandson and he tried afew years ago to get them to kick him out and they refused. So he no longer hunts there. I may be up a creek with out a paddle but money talks so we shall see.

16. Dec 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 .

Member:
  17. Dec 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
  18. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD

I know the feeling today I had a buck ive been watching since last year walking up to me I was setup with my bow when all of a sudden some lazy prick came driving him truck trough my property trespassing. lazy people make me so damn mad

19. Dec 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Stockmonester

Stockmonester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rome, Ny
    Vehicle:
    2019 v6 sr 4x4
    in channel vent visors
    I missed a mature 8 point twice today both running, first 4 shots at 100ish yards, second encounter had one shell left at roughly 30ish yards. You could hear me cussing on the other side of the woods I was so pissed.

20. Dec 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    SOS CONCEPTS

SOS CONCEPTS Bumper builder

Member:
    First Name:
    SOS
    Laurens SC
    Vehicle:
    17 sos buggy, 09 taco(in pieces), 14ram 3500
    Rock bouncer
    Better tighten up lol

Products Discussed in