LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Deer hunting BS thread

Old 11-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #1241
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt help that our county dropped absolutely NO acorns this year. everybody i talk to having to change setups due to lack of acorns. ive spent more money on corn this year its crazy. didnt even use any last 2 years
Old 11-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #1242
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a hunter, but would like to get your opinions on something:
I live in NW Connecticut and have 10 ac. I let a neighbor hunt in the back of my land as he hunts the neighbors on either side. A couple weeks ago he got a bad shot on a deer with his bow. Tries to get me to come out and shoot it for him, but it wasn't even on my property.
I give him a ride to get his rifle, and as I am bringing him back out to the back, he keeps sayin, "you can let me out here". I take him all the way back trying to be nice and find he has a big pile of apples out in the field. CT does not allow baiting!
Should I look the other way, give him shit, tell him to stay off my property, or report him?
He is a nice guy, but I have been hearing other stories from the neighbors further down about seeing him chasing a deer through the woods while firing at it. Makes him sound kinda reckless.
What do you guys think?
Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #1243
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
I live in NW Connecticut and have 10 ac. I let a neighbor hunt in the back of my land as he hunts the neighbors on either side. A couple weeks ago he got a bad shot on a deer with his bow. Tries to get me to come out and shoot it for him, but it wasn't even on my property.
I give him a ride to get his rifle, and as I am bringing him back out to the back, he keeps sayin, "you can let me out here". I take him all the way back trying to be nice and find he has a big pile of apples out in the field. CT does not allow baiting!
Should I look the other way, give him shit, tell him to stay off my property, or report him?
He is a nice guy, but I have been hearing other stories from the neighbors further down about seeing him chasing a deer through the woods while firing at it. Makes him sound kinda reckless.
What do you guys think?
I'd tell him to stay off your property, and if you see or hear of it again you will report him.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #1244
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
id ask him about it, maybe their idea of "chasing" was actually walking through the woods and spooking them? i normally wouldnt shoot at a running deer. as for the baiting i see no problems with it,but its legal here, im used to it and almost everybody i know combines corn for deer season. i wouldnt worry about it so much but thats just me. if it bothers you tell him no more hunting after this season due to your patch of land being so small etc.. it is your land after all

edit- you can see my corn in my pic above. sometimes its the only way to see deer. some areas are unhuntable, corn changes that.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #1245
nomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you guys think?

Here is the deal. You didnt like the way he acted on your property, you have the right to tell him he has lost his privileges right now and not to come back on your property. That is your right as a land owner. I'd ask about the pile of apples if he is baiting it is your call if you want to turn him in or not. You never know if it is the neighbors putting that out. But at the end of the day I would most definitely ask him what he is doing. If you don't like the answer it is in you rights as a land owner to refuse permission. Check the hunting regs and make sure him using a rifle when that happened was legal. Sound like what he was doing, by trying to get you to shoot the deer was just shady. Your call on continuing to allow permission.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #1246
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Illegal or not, sounds like you feel he has over stayed his welcome. Tell him that. Obviously was trying to conceal what he was doing. Being your neighbor, police/wardens can make the living arangements awkward real fast. Thats your call.

I would inform him of the law, explain you know what you saw and do not appreciate it. Take pics and document it for sure though.

Confront him about it.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #1247
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06indigoink View Post
doesnt help that our county dropped absolutely NO acorns this year. everybody i talk to having to change setups due to lack of acorns. ive spent more money on corn this year its crazy. didnt even use any last 2 years
Same here. Zero food. We can't bait here either. I think the lack of anything besides grass had made then a little sluggish honestly. There isn't even any sign being put down here. I've talked to a few guys that said they saw one running a doe, but all the bucks I've seen (in the woods or even in fields on my way in/out) have been with other bucks...and that ain't gonna fly in the rut...
Old 11-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #1248
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you guys think?
just make sure you don't get busted for his apples. i would go back there and remove them myself. its up to you who hunts on your property.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #1249
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the input guys.
The apples are on the neighbors property, so I will probably go talk to him about it. The guy had his tractor with his trailer full of apples, so I know it wasn't the land owner doing it. Pretty much caught red handed.
He called DEP about finishing the deer with his rifle and they said "NO". But he was waiting till the next day as it was getting dark. I did hear a single shot later the next day in that general area.
I will probably let him know that if he wants to hunt on my land he has to follow the letter of the law, regardless of how inconvenient he may find that.
I appreciate the hunters perspective.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #1250
nomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for all the input guys.
The apples are on the neighbors property, so I will probably go talk to him about it. The guy had his tractor with his trailer full of apples, so I know it wasn't the land owner doing it. Pretty much caught red handed.
He called DEP about finishing the deer with his rifle and they said "NO". But he was waiting till the next day as it was getting dark. I did hear a single shot later the next day in that general area.
I will probably let him know that if he wants to hunt on my land he has to follow the letter of the law, regardless of how inconvenient he may find that.
I appreciate the hunters perspective.
I've hunted with some people like that in the past but not anymore. He has a little outlaw in him and you telling him to mind his P's and Q's wont stop him he will just try to make sure you don't know about it.

Also sorry to hear about your experience, the vast majority of hunters are not like this guy you are dealing with and he is a poor representation of the sportsmen and women out there. I just hope he doesn't taint you opinion of the rest of us out there doing things the right way.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #1251
vjherrera will become famous soon enoughvjherrera will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (AM1)
Name: Vince
vjherrera's Tacoma Gallery
Western MA Bowhunting skunk fest

Well I got Fri and Sat left for bow season before I grab the old shotgun but this is the first season where I have seen sign up the wazoo but not a single deer. I have been stalking from Quabbin to all points west of that..just wondering if there are any of my fellow western MA hunters out there who have had any luck, and for the record I am not looking to jump claims on honey holes.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #1252
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
These two 40-50ld guys came running by my stand around 2ish
Old 12-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #1253
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Had one come running in on me this evenin about 5:30. I grunted, it came closer, then stopped. I grunted, it came closer, then stopped. Then I heard it walking around for a few minutes, but I'm in a thicket and couldn't ever find it.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1254
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Hunted for this guy all week. Ended up finding out a non local guy on the property next to us killed it Wednesday. All he does is drive up to the end of the property and set in his truck and watch the hillside that connects to us. I know i've watched him do it all week. He also killed another nice 9pt last year as well. Gets really frustrating taking the time to feed and monitor these deer only to have a non family member take them. Side note: Same guy used to hunt on are property until he decided to steal my uncles 4wheeler key when he left the 4wheeler to do some still hunting. So he went to the elderly couple next door and traded some "discount" granite counter tops for hunting privileges. Rant over!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #1255
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Hunted for this guy all week. Ended up finding out a non local guy on the property next to us killed it Wednesday. All he does is drive up to the end of the property and set in his truck and watch the hillside that connects to us. I know i've watched him do it all week. He also killed another nice 9pt last year as well. Gets really frustrating taking the time to feed and monitor these deer only to have a non family member take them. Side note: Same guy used to hunt on are property until he decided to steal my uncles 4wheeler key when he left the 4wheeler to do some still hunting. So he went to the elderly couple next door and traded some "discount" granite counter tops for hunting privileges. Rant over!
Cough, cough, hunting accident, cough.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #1256
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the trigger on a Barnett Ghost 385 crossbow.......got it at cost, cheap money....got good reviews. Can't wait to sight in and get back out there.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #1257
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Cough, cough, hunting accident, cough.

They do happen Are next course of action will be to try and convince the landowners to lease us the property for hunting only. With only one rule this guy is not allowed back on the property. I'm good friends with their grandson and he tried afew years ago to get them to kick him out and they refused. So he no longer hunts there. I may be up a creek with out a paddle but money talks so we shall see.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #1258
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
What do ya'll think of this article?

http://currenteventsii.yuku.com/topi...d#.Up-m4hDlJvE
Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #1259
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
What do ya'll think of this article?

http://currenteventsii.yuku.com/topi...d#.Up-m4hDlJvE
I will have to re touch this late rwhen I have more time. That is a lot of typing.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #1260
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post

I know the feeling today I had a buck ive been watching since last year walking up to me I was setup with my bow when all of a sudden some lazy prick came driving him truck trough my property trespassing. lazy people make me so damn mad