Notices

Deer hunting BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #1261
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
I missed a mature 8 point twice today both running, first 4 shots at 100ish yards, second encounter had one shell left at roughly 30ish yards. You could hear me cussing on the other side of the woods I was so pissed.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #1262
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockmonester View Post
I missed a mature 8 point twice today both running, first 4 shots at 100ish yards, second encounter had one shell left at roughly 30ish yards. You could hear me cussing on the other side of the woods I was so pissed.
Better tighten up lol
Old 12-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #1263
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
100 yard shot was through tight woods and the last shot i pulled the trigger to hard which i knew didn't hit.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #1264
2011tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: 152 nd intelligence squadron
Name: Antonio
2011tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
In Texas and house lost power due to ice storm, head into the wood track down some fresh hog track and get me a 200lb boar, wait till day time to get it out , thank for the ice and snow making night time hunt a blast.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #1265
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know the best way to remove coyotes from an area? We have a place in upstate Pa, up until 3 weeks ago we had several decent buck and tons of healthy does in our area. Then 3 weeks ago all we have on cameras is coyotes and bear. Very few deer have been seen since and even found a couple kills.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #1266
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosiveTendency View Post
Anyone know the best way to remove coyotes from an area? We have a place in upstate Pa, up until 3 weeks ago we had several decent buck and tons of healthy does in our area. Then 3 weeks ago all we have on cameras is coyotes and bear. Very few deer have been seen since and even found a couple kills.
About the only way is to go out and choot em. Check local laws, but you can probably hunt them at night. Get you a call and call them suckers in.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #1267
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Yea we can hunt them 24/7/365 in Pa. At night, electronic calls, decoys, lights.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #1268
TACOlin is on a distinguished road

Name: Colin
TACOlin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011tacoma4x4 View Post
In Texas and house lost power due to ice storm, head into the wood track down some fresh hog track and get me a 200lb boar, wait till day time to get it out , thank for the ice and snow making night time hunt a blast.
PICTURES???
Old 12-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #1269
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosiveTendency View Post
Yea we can hunt them 24/7/365 in Pa. At night, electronic calls, decoys, lights.
That's what I'd do. I'd go out and call them suckers in and put an end to em. They're fun to kill.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #1270
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
We hunt them day and night in Western, PA. They mainly kill the turkeys, the deer are usually too fast for them. This came in with another one after I hit a turkey call. Took one out of 2.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #1271
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a strange looking deer, kinda small isn't it. You get good back straps out of it?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #1272
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Thats a strange looking deer, kinda small isn't it. You get good back straps out of it?
That's a coyote haha
Old 12-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #1273
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
That's a coyote haha
:hahaha: :deadbanana: :joke: was just messing around. (deer hunting thread)
Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #1274
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
:hahaha: :deadbanana: :joke: was just messing around. (deer hunting thread)
Haha whew good hahaha
Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #1275
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from a couple weeks home in TN. Only made it to the woods 4 times and didnt see the first deer. Only one has been killed all season on our family property, been a weird season for sure. Nothing moving hardly.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #1276
Your mom goes to college

Bucks are FINALLY Startin to run does around here. A lot later than usual. Haven't been in the woods in 2 weeks, though.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #1277
Yep

I guess I've got the worst luck this year. Haven't got to hunt much due to work. And today I decided to call out of work to get a little huntin in. Well at 5 o'clock a nice 8 comes out to my right which is a very awkward shot for a right handed shooter in a climber. Well I had one open shot between some trees. I waited till he got there and pulled the trigger. Immediately he jumps and kicks out his back legs which Is always a good sign of a hit. When I got down there was a hell of a blood trail. Well it went on and on and on and on... I tracked that buck for like a half a mile of good blood to only come to a dead stop in blood and not another trace of the deer. I've never had a blood trail like that and not find a deer 50 yards later dead.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #1278
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
I guess I've got the worst luck this year. Haven't got to hunt much due to work. And today I decided to call out of work to get a little huntin in. Well at 5 o'clock a nice 8 comes out to my right which is a very awkward shot for a right handed shooter in a climber. Well I had one open shot between some trees. I waited till he got there and pulled the trigger. Immediately he jumps and kicks out his back legs which Is always a good sign of a hit. When I got down there was a hell of a blood trail. Well it went on and on and on and on... I tracked that buck for like a half a mile of good blood to only come to a dead stop in blood and not another trace of the deer. I've never had a blood trail like that and not find a deer 50 yards later dead.
I've tracked several (Mine and friend's) where the blood trail stops. You've just gotta get on your hands and knees and look all over the place for another sign. Whether it's on a tree, or messed up leaves where he ran, just anything. Don't give up on him, especially if he's a nice deer. Go back after him tomorrow. Get some friends to help.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #1279
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
I've tracked several (Mine and friend's) where the blood trail stops. You've just gotta get on your hands and knees and look all over the place for another sign. Whether it's on a tree, or messed up leaves where he ran, just anything. Don't give up on him, especially if he's a nice deer. Go back after him tomorrow. Get some friends to help.
and a dog. but seriously, the amount of deer ive found with little to no blood is crazy. ive seen a heart shot doe run over 100 yards without a drop of blood until the last 10 yards. once they get that adrenaline goin they keep goin. if its good blood for that far im willing to bet some fat plugged the hole or you gut shot him, since he horse kicked, in which case hes probably stiff somewhere within 100 yards of where last blood is. been trailing deer for many years, everybody else in my family sees hair and shoots. they suck at kill shots. check water or thick blowdowns if any are nearby. but seriously take a dog. they can do wonders
Old 12-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #1280
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I should be in the woods (of MS) by this weekend, I'm hoping to get one if not 2, dads hoping he'll get one, and my sis wants to get one.

Products Discussed in this Thread