1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Robinson Armament XCR-7

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by AZHornet, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Dec 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    AZHornet

AZHornet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Scottsdale AZ
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma 4x4 AccessCab
    So I am in the market for a 7.62 and I had a chance to handle an XCR-7 at a recent gun show...I couldn't believe the quality of the gun nor its versatility...I had been leaning towards a Mini-30 Tactical and building out an 7.62...however this has me thinking that I may lean towards the XCR with changeable barrels. http://xcr.robarm.com/xcrl.php

Does anyone on here have any experience with ownership? Did a search but couldn't find anyone with good experiences...I am willing to spend a few $$$'s for what is mostly going to be an occasional shooter.. I have had the opportunity an LMT and SoCommII and was very impressed with both..the versatility of the XCR-L intrigues me.

Thanks in advance.

2. Dec 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    My buddy has an XRC and swears by it (chambered in 5.56). I'm trying to find a video he has of a run and gun with e XCR and when I do I'll post it up. I'd love an ACR or SCAR right now!

73167_491162812847_586217847_7041121_3754358_n.jpg

3. Dec 11, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    Zebra

Zebra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 2.7L 4x2 Reg. Cab 5-speed
    Volant ram air and CAI setup, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pioneer DEH-3900MP
    hmm how do i want to word this..... i am a robinson armament dealer their products are awesome. i believe in the xcr design and what it tries to do. on the other hand robinson's customer service is a bit lacking at the monent you can never get them on the phone. i know they are going through some growing pains right now with the release of the xcr-m and the updated xcr-l but they could at least answer the phone for dealers and customers

LMT makes some awesome stuff as well but it is a little pricey compared to other manufactures

if you can wait awhile like a month or two the colt sp901 will be out. i must say that the sp901 will be far superior to the xcr. the sp901. it comes chambered in .308 and will take ANY AR upper. All controls on the lower a fully ambi. Also with the benefit of using any AR upper not only will you can to not have to rezero your optics if you change calibers (assuming you leave the optics married to that upper) but you are not limited to only a gas, gas impingement, piston system you could have access to any of those choices. oh and parts will be more available than the xcr because of the size of colt vs. robinson and some of the parts will carry over for the current AR design. the colt sp901 is supposed to retail for $2129.00 according to my distributor.

4. Dec 11, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
  5. Dec 12, 2011 at 10:58 PM
    AZHornet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Scottsdale AZ
    Vehicle:
    Hey thanks for the above...its good to get some feedback...I am not yet sold on the Robinson...first one that I found in regards to the interchangeable barrel...forgive the ignorance so when you say the Colt will take any AR Upper, I can conceivably swap down to a 7.62x39 or even 5.56? I can't wait to see one live now...I am also going to consider the SCAR as well....its a bit of $$$ for a one time purchase but after firing the LMT, I think its worth the cost. I also appreciate your honesty about their quality and customer service. I have been doing some research online and your views are right on....I probably won't pull the trigger :)D) until next spring so I have some time to do more research and hopefully do some live firing.

6. Dec 12, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    AZHornet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Scottsdale AZ
    Vehicle:
  7. Dec 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    Zebra

Zebra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:
    AZHornet no problem man thats why i became a dealer, to help people

yes you should be able to go from 223 to 308 and everything in between such as 6.5 grendal 6.8,etc basically if there is an AR upper made it will fit that includes you single shot 50 BMG upper and 450 bushmaster uppers as well. i'm hoping to make a 358 win upper when this thing is available

basically the cm901 is backwards compatible with the ar upper

8. Dec 13, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    Zebra

Zebra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top