LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

good bibs for cold weather hunting/ boot insulators too

Old 11-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
I'm not sure you are ever going to keep your feet warm all the time. To me it seems like the warmer the boots are at first the colder my feet get later b/c off all of the damn sweat. I just got a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Rackmaster and don't have any complaints this far into the game. Good luck!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
I'm not sure you are ever going to keep your feet warm all the time. To me it seems like the warmer the boots are at first the colder my feet get later b/c off all of the damn sweat. I just got a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Rackmaster and don't have any complaints this far into the game. Good luck!
yeah, i know they wont be warm "all the time", but i cant deal with how it was on saturday morning anymore. when i get that cold......all i do is either sleep, or leave.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #23
wushaw has a spectacular aura aboutwushaw has a spectacular aura about
wushaw's Tacoma Gallery
You could try wearing boots (uninsulated) that your feet won't sweat in while getting to your stand and then put the "good n thick" boot blankets on.
I have a pair of them boot blankets also and I know they are good.

Wool is king in my opinion for staying warm. I have King of the Mountain stuff I bought years ago. $$$$ but it is the difference of staying or going.
http://www.kingofthemountainonline.com/

It's been several years since I've been in a deer stand but I still go Pheasant hunting atleast for a week every year in Kansas and chasing pheasants in freezing, snowing, blowing wind and oh yea freezing rain can be challenging but different than still hunting in a stand.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #24
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
You could try wearing boots (uninsulated) that your feet won't sweat in while getting to your stand and then put the "good n thick" boot blankets on.
I have a pair of them boot blankets also and I know they are good.

Wool is king in my opinion for staying warm. I have King of the Mountain stuff I bought years ago. $$$$ but it is the difference of staying or going.
http://www.kingofthemountainonline.com/

It's been several years since I've been in a deer stand but I still go Pheasant hunting atleast for a week every year in Kansas and chasing pheasants in freezing, snowing, blowing wind and oh yea freezing rain can be challenging but different than still hunting in a stand.
yeah...i got some wool socks finally.......sears craftsman merino wool socks. ima see how they work tomorrow. and i like the idea about wearing other boots...but i may take my hunting boots with me and just wear my regular shoes to my hunting land, then change when i get there. i ordered a pair of icebreaker boot blankets from cabelas...hopefully,they will be in tomorrow!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #25
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man. I have some rocky 1000 gram boots and I love them. Last weekend it was 7 degrees where I hunt and I just had a pair of regular socks on and those boots n they stayed warm.

Bibs- Arctic shield. Hands down. I wore these the same weekend. I just put on my rocky longhandles, those overalls and my coat and I was warm. Kinda high dollar but I'll never buy another kind of bibs again. Better get ready for the cold weather! Its snowin here
Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
Hey man. I have some rocky 1000 gram boots and I love them. Last weekend it was 7 degrees where I hunt and I just had a pair of regular socks on and those boots n they stayed warm.

Bibs- Arctic shield. Hands down. I wore these the same weekend. I just put on my rocky longhandles, those overalls and my coat and I was warm. Kinda high dollar but I'll never buy another kind of bibs again. Better get ready for the cold weather! Its snowin here
im gonna take a look at the artic shield bibs, may pick up a pair for next season. thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #27
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
sure thing. you won't regret it. payin for it is tough, but when you come out of the woods and all your friends bitch about how cold it is and your still warm its worth it