1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

good bibs for cold weather hunting/ boot insulators too

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by tacomaman06, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Nov 23, 2008 at 5:43 PM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    I'm not sure you are ever going to keep your feet warm all the time. To me it seems like the warmer the boots are at first the colder my feet get later b/c off all of the damn sweat. I just got a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Rackmaster and don't have any complaints this far into the game. Good luck!

2. Nov 23, 2008 at 6:06 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 [OP] Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah, i know they wont be warm "all the time", but i cant deal with how it was on saturday morning anymore. when i get that cold......all i do is either sleep, or leave.

3. Nov 25, 2008 at 6:13 PM
    wushaw

wushaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 AC TRD 4x4 6sp
    You could try wearing boots (uninsulated) that your feet won't sweat in while getting to your stand and then put the "good n thick" boot blankets on.
    I have a pair of them boot blankets also and I know they are good.

Wool is king in my opinion for staying warm. I have King of the Mountain stuff I bought years ago. $$$$ but it is the difference of staying or going.
    http://www.kingofthemountainonline.com/

It's been several years since I've been in a deer stand but I still go Pheasant hunting atleast for a week every year in Kansas and chasing pheasants in freezing, snowing, blowing wind and oh yea freezing rain can be challenging but different than still hunting in a stand.

4. Nov 25, 2008 at 6:18 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah...i got some wool socks finally.......sears craftsman:D merino wool socks. ima see how they work tomorrow. and i like the idea about wearing other boots...but i may take my hunting boots with me and just wear my regular shoes to my hunting land, then change when i get there. i ordered a pair of icebreaker boot blankets from cabelas...hopefully,they will be in tomorrow!

5. Dec 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Hey man. I have some rocky 1000 gram boots and I love them. Last weekend it was 7 degrees where I hunt and I just had a pair of regular socks on and those boots n they stayed warm.

Bibs- Arctic shield. Hands down. I wore these the same weekend. I just put on my rocky longhandles, those overalls and my coat and I was warm. Kinda high dollar but I'll never buy another kind of bibs again. Better get ready for the cold weather! Its snowin here

6. Dec 1, 2008 at 2:19 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    im gonna take a look at the artic shield bibs, may pick up a pair for next season. thanks for the heads up!

7. Dec 1, 2008 at 10:48 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    sure thing. you won't regret it. payin for it is tough, but when you come out of the woods and all your friends bitch about how cold it is and your still warm its worth it

Products Discussed in

To Top