Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

My deer

Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #21
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
The full skull is actually called a European mount. There is a vast amount of info and tips out there. Here is just one site I found real quick.
http://www.minnesotabucks.com/tips%2...g%20skulls.htm

You can use hydrogen peroxide or bleach. The guy that did mine has used both. The bleach he uses is some kind of special commercial bleach. I have them both ways and they each have their own character.
Knew someone would come up with the right name for the mount, slipped my brain. Be careful on the bleach it can make it brittle, a good way to use hydrogen peroxide is to cover the head (not antlers) in cheese cloth and then soak with the stuff.
You can also use magnesium carbonate, it's not high priced and you mix it with the hydrogen peroxide per instructions. Make a paste and apply with an old tooth brush, when dry rinse off and set in the sun for a few days. BOOM your done, time to mount....then enjoy.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #22
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEP View Post
what part of ct you from im in columbia

Very close, PM sent....
Old 12-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #23
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTiresOil View Post
Not sure which is which. I'm doing the full skull mount,not just the antler cutout. Head is in a barrel filled with dirt behind the house now.

Its unreal how many deer I have passed on. Last year in the same stand I passed 4 other bucks in a 1 hour period. Finally took one, similar to this, shorter tines. Its the one on the top, the other was a massive deer, just a little bit banged up.
My '08 hunt looked like your bottom one. Should have been a great 10 pt. but was broke off on the left just above the tine so ended up a big 6 pt.. Weighed 112# on the hook minus the skin, legs, and head ready to process at the locker.