Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Glock help please

Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Glock help please

Ok, so like a curious idiot i decided to do the $0.25 trigger job on my brand new(picked it up yesterday) G19. Everything went smooth and everything is nice and shiny. However, now with the gun back together, the trigger will only reset about every 2-3 racks of the slide. i have no clue what the issue could be. nothing is in backwards. Any help??
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Harleyfx69 is on a distinguished road
Harleyfx69's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you did the .50 cent trigger job and took out too much material,

check a youtube video on frame dissasembly and make sure you did it the right way..

If all else fails order new internals and go back to stock.. fire a few hundred rounds through it and it accomplishes the same thing as the "trigger job"
Old 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyfx69 View Post
sounds like you did the .50 cent trigger job and took out too much material,

check a youtube video on frame dissasembly and make sure you did it the right way..

If all else fails order new internals and go back to stock.. fire a few hundred rounds through it and it accomplishes the same thing as the "trigger job"
X2
Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to a Glock armorer and get it fixed. Like stated above put some rounds down range and break it in the right way. I wouldn't trust my life or safety to a gun that has issues like that. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all. I'm going to take it in tomorrow. Luckily it looks like I'll only be out $15.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #6

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Well as i was laying in bed last night i kept thinking i must have missed something. As i went over the process in my head over and over, i kept thinking that the orentation of the trigger spring could not have been correct as it seemed to wrap itself around the side of the trigger bar. Well i got up this morning and reorentated the spring so that it went through the back of the trigger bar instead of around the side and sure enough she is good as new! wrapping around the side must have just put that little bit of extra tension on the bar. Thanks all for the help!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt trust my life to Glock unless in stock form. just my $.02
Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDKenE View Post
I wouldnt trust my life to Glock unless in stock form. just my $.02
I use the Ghost connector to replace the stock unit but totally agree about backyard modiifications by someone that doesn't know what they are doing. That's just asking for trouble.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine the way it is. Point and Shoot.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Smith and Wesson is better than Glock IMO just the thought of carrying around a plastic gun dosnt seem right to me
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Smith and Wesson is better than Glock IMO just the thought of carrying around a plastic gun dosnt seem right to me
Except that the so called "plastic gun" will fire straight and true EVERY time. in water, sand, mud. You can put 5000 rounds through these things without cleaning it and not have one problem
Old 01-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
In a previous post some guy who owned one said they were useless in stock form you shouldn't have to mod something to make it worth a damn just my .02
Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And a S&W is better why, exactly?? Because it's made out of "metal"?

If think if you knew a bit more about the Glock "plastic," I doubt you would continue to hold this opinion.

The Glock's frame, magazine body and several other components are made from a high-strength nylon-based polymer invented by Gaston Glock and called Polymer 2. This plastic was specially formulated to provide increased durability and is more resilient than carbon steel and most steel alloys. Polymer 2 is resistant to shock, caustic liquids and temperature extremes where traditional steel/alloy frames would warp and become brittle.

Approximately 65% of US law enforcement agencies use Glock, as well as numerous armed forces and security agencies worldwide. These are people who put their life in the hands of their firearm daily, despite the use of "plastic." You think maybe they did their homework first, did a little testing, before making a selection on a "plastic" gun that would literally be protecting thousands of lives?

Honestly I think people who make comments about "plastic" guns are in general holding on to outdated notions about polymers and plastics. It's kind of like calling a Corvette a "plastic" car - the composites in that car are cutting edge, stronger and lighter than steel. and outperform their metal counterparts in virtually every way.

And just for the record, I don't even own a Glock, although I do own another "plastic" gun made by FNH, and I assure you it is just as reliable and deadly as any "metal" gun.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Um...S&W has a very popular line of polymer pistols...check out the M&P.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've shot over 5,000 round in my Glock 22 and it has jammed on me 8 times all on the same day using the same ammo. I sold that box of ammo to the guy next to me in the range bought a better box and haven't had a jam or any problem with it since.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #17
hillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
hillbillytoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Just got my Glock "25 Years of Perfection" t-shirt. I have had a model 17 since before I was suppose to.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #18
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
It's not plastic dammm it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Tupperware
I have a few and only replace the connector with the (-) factory connector for a bit less trigger pull.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
what did you use to polish the parts?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have owned only polymer guns -one custom 1911. first gun was a hk usp compact 9mm awesome gun never one malfunction and the same can be said about my glocks they just work.

they have a consistent trigger pull every time and have those wonderful high capacity mags coated in polymer. i absolutely love mine they are in the hands of more law enforcement officers around the world than any other gun for a reason.

price plus reliability plus performance= one badass piece of plastic i would be happy to have anytime the shit hit the fan.

to those that still don't believe they are worth anything check out hickok45 on youtube and some of the glock torture tests.

edit: btw op look into glockworx.com for any modifications to your glock they sell quality stuff and can even customize frames and make race guns. they are awesome lol look into them i think you will be shocked you can replace your trigger for like 20 bucks.